ALDI

Average Difficulty
42 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Silver Spring, MD

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ALDI in October 2013.

Interview Details – Met recruiter at university recruiting, submitted application online, receive on campus interview with VP of Maryland division. This interview lasted 10 minutes, questions: What past mistake would you change hindsight 20/20? Tell me about yourself? What experience do you have dealing with others? What are your strengths? etc. Then received final round interview invitation. Before arriving at final round, I received an online personality assessment to test consistency and personality. Final round interview: Took SAT style logic, math, and essay exam 1 hr total. Was toured around the facility (good time to ask questions!) Then had 2 more interviews with other senior managers, questions: Would you rather be a motorcycle or bicycle? How would you handle an employee stealing $10, what about $1? What if it was to get bus home?

Interview Question – Define leadership?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Unfortunately I had to move out of the area for family reasons.

Interviewed at ALDI

Interview Details – I had three rounds of interviews: the first was at my university after a recruiting event, the second was at the divisional office where I received a mileage expense for commuting to the interview and interviewed with five Directors and the VP, toured the warehouse and a store, and took an IQ test at the very end of the day, the third round was with two directors and the VP where I was offered the job on the spot.

Interview Question – One Director intentionally tried to make me react or cry while I was being interviewed. It is important to remain calm and collected clearly communicate your reason for wanting the job as well as your capabilities and what you can bring to the table. A lot of trainees drop out of the training program because of physical exhaustion training in the store and running a store for several months. You need to show them that you have a thick skin and can complete the training. Hardest question: what is five qualities of a leader?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation you start at 75k with a company car and move up a four rung wage scale at each anniversary.

District Manager Trainee

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at ALDI in March 2014.

Interview Details – The first interview was an in-store interview with a District Manager. The DM was nice and friendly and very frank about the position. I was leery about the hours of work the position would require, but was eager to continue learning more about the position. During the second interview at the district headquarters, the interviewer was running late, and I found out they had scheduled both myself and another woman for 10am. I was there at 9:30am for a 10am interview, and wasn't taken back to interview until 10:30am. The interviewer seemed rushed to squeeze in all of her interviews that day.

Interview Question – I was asked where I had the biggest room for improvement. When I answered that there is room for improvement everywhere, and trying to think of a professional way to answer, the interviewer told me I had to pick just one. She seemed rushed.   Answer Question

I applied through college or university and interviewed at ALDI.

Interview Details – Ask you some scenario questions. What you would do if x happened and whatnot.

Interview Question – The scenario question kind of stumped me, cant remember quite what it was though.   Answer Question

Frederick, MD

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ALDI.

Interview Details – First required to attend an info session and then go through two rounds of interviews. First round lasted about 20 mins, some general questions about your interest in the company and position..etc. Second round, on-site interviews with different directors more in-depth then the first. Also gave a tour of an Aldi warehouse and store. Overall, very fast interview process and not really many unexpected questions. Everyone is pretty friendly and open to answering any questions you may have.

Interview Question – Describe a famous person you look up to and why do you admire them?   Answer Question

District Manager Trainee

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at ALDI.

Interview Details – They say they don't have a certain candidate they are looking for but I beg to differ. Interviewed for different positions in different parts of the state and recruiters at both events were very "frat like" in my opinion. Also very young, so I don't understand how they could decipher potential from just looking at a resume and saying oh ok. Ironic since they are hiring straight out of college.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself? Manager cut me off midway and my interview was about 5minutes   View Answer

District Manager Trainee

I applied through college or university - interviewed at ALDI in June 2012.

Interview Details – The interview process is pretty easy if you have a type A personality. They conduct a group interview to see who sticks out from the group. Who is a natural leader. Is the person asking questions, are they in the front of the group, or do they seem geniunely interested.

Interview Question – You have to take a math test.   Answer Question

Haines City, FL

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ALDI in November 2013.

Interview Details – 4-step process for campus recruiting:

1- Pre-interview dinner:
Simple info meeting. Does most of your research homework for you. They try to answer all of your questions.

2- On-campus interview:
Simple 15 minute standard get-to-know-you interview.

3- Regional office interview:
8 hour intensive informational and interview process at regional office

4- Regional office interview:
8 hour intensive informational and interview process at regional office plus lunch

Interview Question – These questions were so personalized or generic, there isn't anything that sticks out.   Answer Question

I applied through college or university and interviewed at ALDI.

Interview Details – Applied through my college's career center. Had an interview on campus that seemed to go pretty well. I was invited back to go to the Distribution Center. They paid for my hotel and travel, which was cool. It was a very long day of interviews. I think about 7 or 8 different people interviewed me. There was too many potential interns, though and I spent a lot of time waiting for the next interview. It was a bit disorganized.

Finally, I received an email a few weeks later that I had not received the internship. I am still not quite sure what exactly they are looking for or if it was just extremely competitive.

Interview Question – Have you ever done physical labor before?   Answer Question

I applied through college or university and interviewed at ALDI.

Interview Details – I applied through my college's career website and talked with them at career fair. I then was asked to sign up for an interview and attend the pre-night dinner. It was very informative and answered a lot of questions. The interview was awkward, I felt like he wasn't interested and wasn't paying attention and maybe a little bit rude.

Interview Question – What is your management style?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at ALDI

Worked for ALDI? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at ALDI District Manager Trainee interview questions and advice. All 42 interview reviews posted anonymously by ALDI employees and interview candidates.