ALDI District Manager Trainee Interview Questions

Updated Jul 8, 2014

3.2

42 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

District Manager Trainee Interview

I had three rounds of interviews: the first was at my university after a recruiting event, the second was at the divisional office where I received a mileage expense for commuting to the interview and interviewed with five Directors and the VP, toured the warehouse and a store, and took an IQ test at the very end of the day, the third round was with two directors and the VP where I was offered the job on the spot.

Interview Questions
  • One Director intentionally tried to make me react or cry while I was being interviewed. It is important to remain calm and collected clearly communicate your reason for wanting the job as well as your capabilities and what you can bring to the table. A lot of trainees drop out of the training program because of physical exhaustion training in the store and running a store for several months. You need to show them that you have a thick skin and can complete the training. Hardest question: what is five qualities of a leader?   View Answer
No negotiation you start at 75k with a company car and move up a four rung wage scale at each anniversary.

Other Interview Reviews for ALDI

I applied through college or university – interviewed at ALDI.

Ask you some scenario questions. What you would do if x happened and whatnot.

Interview Questions
    • The scenario question kind of stumped me, cant remember quite what it was though.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frederick, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frederick, MD

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ALDI.

First required to attend an info session and then go through two rounds of interviews. First round lasted about 20 mins, some general questions about your interest in the company and position..etc. Second round, on-site interviews with different directors more in-depth then the first. Also gave a tour of an Aldi warehouse and store. Overall, very fast interview process and not really many unexpected questions. Everyone is pretty friendly and open to answering any questions you may have.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a famous person you look up to and why do you admire them?   Answer Question

District Manager Trainee Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at ALDI.

They say they don't have a certain candidate they are looking for but I beg to differ. Interviewed for different positions in different parts of the state and recruiters at both events were very "frat like" in my opinion. Also very young, so I don't understand how they could decipher potential from just looking at a resume and saying oh ok. Ironic since they are hiring straight out of college.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself? Manager cut me off midway and my interview was about 5minutes   View Answer

District Manager Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at ALDI in March 2014.

The first interview was an in-store interview with a District Manager. The DM was nice and friendly and very frank about the position. I was leery about the hours of work the position would require, but was eager to continue learning more about the position. During the second interview at the district headquarters, the interviewer was running late, and I found out they had scheduled both myself and another woman for 10am. I was there at 9:30am for a 10am interview, and wasn't taken back to interview until 10:30am. The interviewer seemed rushed to squeeze in all of her interviews that day.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked where I had the biggest room for improvement. When I answered that there is room for improvement everywhere, and trying to think of a professional way to answer, the interviewer told me I had to pick just one. She seemed rushed.   Answer Question

I applied through college or university – interviewed at ALDI.

Applied through my college's career center. Had an interview on campus that seemed to go pretty well. I was invited back to go to the Distribution Center. They paid for my hotel and travel, which was cool. It was a very long day of interviews. I think about 7 or 8 different people interviewed me. There was too many potential interns, though and I spent a lot of time waiting for the next interview. It was a bit disorganized.

Finally, I received an email a few weeks later that I had not received the internship. I am still not quite sure what exactly they are looking for or if it was just extremely competitive.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Haines City, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Haines City, FL

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ALDI in November 2013.

4-step process for campus recruiting:

1- Pre-interview dinner:
    Simple info meeting. Does most of your research homework for you. They try to answer all of your questions.

2- On-campus interview:
    Simple 15 minute standard get-to-know-you interview.

3- Regional office interview:
    8 hour intensive informational and interview process at regional office

4- Regional office interview:
    8 hour intensive informational and interview process at regional office plus lunch

Interview Questions
    • These questions were so personalized or generic, there isn't anything that sticks out.   Answer Question

I applied through college or university – interviewed at ALDI.

I applied through my college's career website and talked with them at career fair. I then was asked to sign up for an interview and attend the pre-night dinner. It was very informative and answered a lot of questions. The interview was awkward, I felt like he wasn't interested and wasn't paying attention and maybe a little bit rude.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Silver Spring, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Silver Spring, MD

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at ALDI in October 2013.

Met recruiter at university recruiting, submitted application online, receive on campus interview with VP of Maryland division. This interview lasted 10 minutes, questions: What past mistake would you change hindsight 20/20? Tell me about yourself? What experience do you have dealing with others? What are your strengths? etc. Then received final round interview invitation. Before arriving at final round, I received an online personality assessment to test consistency and personality. Final round interview: Took SAT style logic, math, and essay exam 1 hr total. Was toured around the facility (good time to ask questions!) Then had 2 more interviews with other senior managers, questions: Would you rather be a motorcycle or bicycle? How would you handle an employee stealing $10, what about $1? What if it was to get bus home?

Interview Questions

Unfortunately I had to move out of the area for family reasons.

District Manager Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at ALDI.

At my school Aldi had a dinner the night before the interviews were scheduled. The dinner included those who were there to interview for both the internship and the rotational trainee position. They gave a presentation where they talked about the company, its growth prospects, expectations and what their experience had been like in the various programs.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty straight forward. Just basic behavioral questions.   Answer Question