ALDI

Getting the Interview

38 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Frederick, MD

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ALDI.

Interview Details – First required to attend an info session and then go through two rounds of interviews. First round lasted about 20 mins, some general questions about your interest in the company and position..etc. Second round, on-site interviews with different directors more in-depth then the first. Also gave a tour of an Aldi warehouse and store. Overall, very fast interview process and not really many unexpected questions. Everyone is pretty friendly and open to answering any questions you may have.

Interview Question – Describe a famous person you look up to and why do you admire them?   Answer Question

District Manager Trainee

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at ALDI.

Interview Details – They say they don't have a certain candidate they are looking for but I beg to differ. Interviewed for different positions in different parts of the state and recruiters at both events were very "frat like" in my opinion. Also very young, so I don't understand how they could decipher potential from just looking at a resume and saying oh ok. Ironic since they are hiring straight out of college.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself? Manager cut me off midway and my interview was about 5minutes   View Answer

District Manager Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at ALDI in June 2012.

Interview Details – The interview process is pretty easy if you have a type A personality. They conduct a group interview to see who sticks out from the group. Who is a natural leader. Is the person asking questions, are they in the front of the group, or do they seem geniunely interested.

Interview Question – You have to take a math test.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Haines City, FL

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ALDI in November 2013.

Interview Details – 4-step process for campus recruiting:

1- Pre-interview dinner:
Simple info meeting. Does most of your research homework for you. They try to answer all of your questions.

2- On-campus interview:
Simple 15 minute standard get-to-know-you interview.

3- Regional office interview:
8 hour intensive informational and interview process at regional office

4- Regional office interview:
8 hour intensive informational and interview process at regional office plus lunch

Interview Question – These questions were so personalized or generic, there isn't anything that sticks out.   Answer Question

District Manager Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university and interviewed at ALDI.

Interview Details – Applied through my college's career center. Had an interview on campus that seemed to go pretty well. I was invited back to go to the Distribution Center. They paid for my hotel and travel, which was cool. It was a very long day of interviews. I think about 7 or 8 different people interviewed me. There was too many potential interns, though and I spent a lot of time waiting for the next interview. It was a bit disorganized.

Finally, I received an email a few weeks later that I had not received the internship. I am still not quite sure what exactly they are looking for or if it was just extremely competitive.

Interview Question – Have you ever done physical labor before?   Answer Question

District Manager Trainee

I applied through college or university and interviewed at ALDI.

Interview Details – I applied through my college's career website and talked with them at career fair. I then was asked to sign up for an interview and attend the pre-night dinner. It was very informative and answered a lot of questions. The interview was awkward, I felt like he wasn't interested and wasn't paying attention and maybe a little bit rude.

Interview Question – What is your management style?   Answer Question

District Manager Trainee

I applied through college or university - interviewed at ALDI in September 2013.

Interview Details – Applied through school website. Attended 2 hour information session prior to interview that was entirely focused on Aldi - gave me a good sense of the company. The interview was only 20 minutes long - focused around your resume and asking questions based on that. Interviewer was extremely hard to read and didn't use many facial expressions which made it awkward.

Interview Question – What classes have you enjoyed least at school?   Answer Question

South Windsor, CT

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at ALDI in March 2012.

Interview Details – Applied for several different regions, heard back directly from one of the hiring managers via email within 2 weeks. Set up an interview at the district offices. Standard first round of interview, answering questions such as "Describe a problem you faced in a leadership position and how you solved it". Manager seemed turned off by the fact that I have a strong quantitative background "You're one of those numbers guys, hu?!"

Interview Question – One of the stores in your district is underperforming, what would you do?   Answer Question

District Manager Trainee

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at ALDI.

Interview Details – At my school Aldi had a dinner the night before the interviews were scheduled. The dinner included those who were there to interview for both the internship and the rotational trainee position. They gave a presentation where they talked about the company, its growth prospects, expectations and what their experience had been like in the various programs.

Interview Question – Pretty straight forward. Just basic behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Baltimore, MD

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at ALDI in April 2013.

Interview Details – Applied through College website, had initial interview in a one-on-one style. Was about 15 minutes long and pretty straight forward. Asked questions like, describe yourself in 3 words, what makes a good leader and can you work nights and weekends. I walked out feeling fine about it but knowing I did not make myself shine enough in the short interview. I was not offered a second interview.

Interview Question – If you could change something about your time in college, what would it be and why?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at ALDI

Worked for ALDI? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at ALDI District Manager Trainee interview questions and advice. All 38 interview reviews posted anonymously by ALDI employees and interview candidates.