ALDI

Updated Feb 26, 2015
Updated Feb 26, 2015

3.1

I applied through college or university – interviewed at ALDI.

Applied online through my college career page. Was contacted for a informational and assigned an interview time. Was first asked to a informational dinner, had first interview the next day, now planning on going for a second round interview at their Headquarters

Interview Questions
  • basic questions, why you want to work for AlDI, leadership experience, What makes you stand out   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for ALDI

I applied through college or university – interviewed at ALDI.

Recruited on campus. Was invited to a mandatory dinner the night before to learn more about the company and job position. Interview was the next morning. Lasted about 20 minutes

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to make a difficult decision, and it was not successful.   Answer Question

District Manager Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at ALDI.

I applied at a job fair at USC and heard back within a week. I had to apply online,I was first invited for an information session and the next day I had an interview which was an average interview. They told me I would hear back from them either way within a week.

Interview Questions
    • Experience and behavior questions about resume and past jobs.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Syracuse, NY
    Anonymous Employee in Syracuse, NY

I applied through college or university – interviewed at ALDI.

The company recruited on-campus and I got offered a first-round interview. Personally, I thought it really went well. I answered all the questions with so much passion and enthusiasm and they asked really easy questions so I do not know why I didn't get it. Oh, right. I know why-- Aldi has a certain look they're trying to go for, mainly white people look.

District Manager Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at ALDI.

Campus Recruitment - They had an info session with awesome food on-campus where they had the recruiter come in and gave us a presentation. Took interviews next day and were very neatly organised and punctual to time. They had shortlisted almost 40 candidates for hiring total of 3 DMT. A very difficult competition.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to be a DMT when you can do a very good analyst job?   Answer Question

I applied through college or university – interviewed at ALDI.

First Interview was walking through your resume. They asked a few behavioral questions also. This was the day after the dinner where they go over basically all the details of the District Manager position.

District Manager Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ALDI in October 2014.

I applied through my university career resources, the application was pretty straightforward. Aldi personnel hosted an informational dinner the night before the interviews for qualified candidates which was very informative and high quality presentation. The actual interview was a half hour long and covered questions about your leadership style, leadership experiences, desire to work at Aldi and ability to learn from failure. The demeanor of the interviewer seemed to be highly critical and imposing, which was a sentiment I heard from several other interviewees.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about a time when you experienced failure in any aspect of your life, and what did you learn from it?   Answer Question

District Manager Trainee Interview

I had three rounds of interviews: the first was at my university after a recruiting event, the second was at the divisional office where I received a mileage expense for commuting to the interview and interviewed with five Directors and the VP, toured the warehouse and a store, and took an IQ test at the very end of the day, the third round was with two directors and the VP where I was offered the job on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • One Director intentionally tried to make me react or cry while I was being interviewed. It is important to remain calm and collected clearly communicate your reason for wanting the job as well as your capabilities and what you can bring to the table. A lot of trainees drop out of the training program because of physical exhaustion training in the store and running a store for several months. You need to show them that you have a thick skin and can complete the training. Hardest question: what is five qualities of a leader?   View Answer
    No negotiation you start at 75k with a company car and move up a four rung wage scale at each anniversary.

I applied through college or university – interviewed at ALDI.

Ask you some scenario questions. What you would do if x happened and whatnot.

Interview Questions
    • The scenario question kind of stumped me, cant remember quite what it was though.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frederick, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frederick, MD

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ALDI.

First required to attend an info session and then go through two rounds of interviews. First round lasted about 20 mins, some general questions about your interest in the company and position..etc. Second round, on-site interviews with different directors more in-depth then the first. Also gave a tour of an Aldi warehouse and store. Overall, very fast interview process and not really many unexpected questions. Everyone is pretty friendly and open to answering any questions you may have.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a famous person you look up to and why do you admire them?   Answer Question