Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at ALDI
- District Manager (126)
- Cashier (82)
- District Manager Trainee (59)
- Store Manager (37)
- Store Manager Trainee (30)
- Manager Trainee (25)
- Aldi District Manager (21)
- Area Manager (19)
- Shift Manager (17)
- District Manager Intern (17)
- Store Assistant (15)
- Store Associate (15)
- Shift Manager/Cashier (12)
- Cashier/Associate (10)
- District Manager Inter (10)
- Stock Assistant (5)
- Retail Assistant (5)
- Industrial Placement (5)
- Sales Associate/Cashier (5)
- Assistant Manager (4)
- Order Selector (4)
- DM (3)
- Manager In Training (3)
- Sales Associate (3)
- Warehouse Selector (3)
- Cashier/Shift Manager (3)
- Manager (3)
- Graduate Area Manager (3)
- Regionalverkaufsleiter (2)
- ALDI Area Manager (2)
Helpful (97)Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at ALDI (Atlanta, GA) in April 2015.
Very fast signed the application talked to an interviewer ask me my experience my current job and what location I would like to work for got a second interview within a week
- How well do you know about the position you applied for 1 Answer
- Declined OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ALDI.
It was at a career expo and we spoke briefly on the main expo floor before going to a booth. This was a brief (30 min) one on one interview that assessed your work and educational history. The interviewer was very inviting and had clearly studied all parts of my resume so be prepare to defend the entire document.
- What most excites you about this role? What is least exciting about the role? What was the most difficult decision you had to make at work? Answer Question
- No OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ALDI.
Informative, there was a pre night presentation where you can see what are they aiming for regarding the candidates. Right now I am waiting for a response which they told me 10 days after the day of the interview.
- What are you most excited about the position? What are you less excited about the position? Answer Question
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ALDI in October 2015.
I meet Aldi at the career fair at my University. They recently after held on campus interviews for the District manager Trainee program. It was a one on one interview with a current district manager. They basically asked general questions about you and leadership experience. I would also make sure to do some background research on Aldi.
- In a matter of two minutes prove to me that you are passionate about something. What do you know about aldi? Answer Question
- No OfferNegative ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ALDI (Iowa City, IA) in October 2015.
After the career fair, they contacted me about an interview and pre-interview dinner. The dinner was nice and informative. Answered most questions. The interview the next day was short and asked questions that didn't really give me a chance to show them who I am. It was very rushed and I could tell they were just looking for specific answers that I apparently wasn't giving.
- Describe your how you show leadership in the activities you do on campus. Answer Question
- What would your family say is your biggest weakness/What would your previous employers say is you could work on? Answer Question
- Why ALDI? Answer Question
- Why should I choose you over other candidates? Answer Question
- No OfferNegative ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ALDI (Monaca, PA).
Had an interview where the District manager toured myself and four other applicants around the store and explained basic job functions. After that I got taken in for a one on one for about 10 minutes. It was very impersonal. The questions were very basic and easy to answer. I felt I did well in the interview and I think I was very qualified for the position. (I was a shift manager in fast food for two years and have a collage degree) Maybe it is out of bounds to say but I feel as if Aldi's might be sexist. All the other applicants were female and honestly I've only ever seen two men employed by Aldi. I'm mostly disgruntled because the interviewer didn't look at my resume or my application. All of the questions I was asked were ones I had already answered on the initial paper application.
- What is your availability Answer Question
- No OfferNegative ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at ALDI.
Three steps. One with one of the DM, then invited to one of the stores, then offer. The guy I interviewed was great. But generally people were old. They came to our campus
- What are your strength and weaknesses? Answer Question
Helpful (31)No OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at ALDI (Bensalem, PA) in June 2015.
After learning online of an Aldi hiring event, I passed a basic screening at a store. I received a phone call the next morning for an interview the next business day. Waited in line for 45 minutes. A thorough interview lasted 45 minutes. It's a lot like a grocery store checkout -- line up and they ring you up. Intense company with hard working employees.
- Why do you want to work for Aldi? Answer Question
- Declined OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ALDI (Akron, OH).
4 rounds. Campus interviews with division VP. Then group interview with other candidates at the division office. Talked to 4 different people, took a tour of the facility, and went to lunch with everyone. 3rd round was 1on1 with district manager as a shadowing day. 4th round was with the VP again, but this was basically just to make sure I understood everything that was involved with the job. Offer was presented during the 4th interview.
- Standard behavioral questions. Nothing out of the ordinary. Answer Question
- Accepted OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ALDI in September 2015.
I went to the hiring event in my area. This is where you fill out your application. I had an interview with the district manager. She was very intimidating. The store manager was much nicer. Was hired 5 days later.
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review