ALDI Interview Questions

Updated Jun 27, 2015

2.8

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at ALDI (Atlanta, GA) in April 2015.

Interview

Very fast signed the application talked to an interviewer ask me my experience my current job and what location I would like to work for got a second interview within a week

Interview Questions

• How well do you know about the position you applied for   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ALDI.

Interview

The beginning process was at a job fair where you fill out the application and then turn it in once you are finished. They interview you on the spot in front of everyone asking basic questions I guess to get a feel for your demeanor and whether you will be called back in a few days for real interview.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bensalem, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at ALDI (Bensalem, PA) in June 2015.

Interview

After learning online of an Aldi hiring event, I passed a basic screening at a store. I received a phone call the next morning for an interview the next business day. Waited in line for 45 minutes. A thorough interview lasted 45 minutes. It's a lot like a grocery store checkout -- line up and they ring you up. Intense company with hard working employees.

Cashier/Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at ALDI.

Interview

Receive a call after the first week of applying. Interview is set up (mine was 2 days after call). Interview is in person with the district manager. Many questions, but the questions aren't that difficult. They are looking for employees who want to be busy and understand that working hard and efficiently is very important. Drug test and background check required.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Aldi?   Answer Question
    • How much do you know about the position your applying for?   Answer Question
    • -Can you lift 45 pounds over your head?
      -Do you have reliable transportation?
      -How far away do you life from the Aldi location for which you are applying?

Answer Question
    • Aldi is a high stress environment, describe a situation in your previous job that relates. How did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • What was your role, and what were your responsibilities in your previous job?   Answer Question

Store Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at ALDI (Fort Worth, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

Multi step process. First you turn in an application during a specific store's hiring event. If they call you in for an interview it will be with a District Manager. The first interview lasted about fifteen minutes. They will ask you basic questions: tell me about your last job, what did you do, why did you leave, college, availability, etc. They explained to me that this is a multi step process and the first interview is supposed to be casual. They told me that honest is a premium at Aldi and anything I tell them will be investigated during the next step of the process and if they find that I had mislead them during my interview my employment may not be considered. They said that after a background check a drug test will occur. Depending on the position you are applying for they may ask for a hair sample test. They explained that failing a hair follicle drug test may not automatically disqualify you for employment it depends on what the test says, and he gave me an opportunity to tell them if I had used drugs during the last year or two.

Interview Questions

• Have you used drugs in the last year or two?   1 Answer

Store Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Florissant, MO

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at ALDI (Florissant, MO) in June 2015.

Interview

Did a meet and greet through job fair. Was called for 1st interview on 6/11/15 @10am at the Florissant store. I believed the interview went well until I didn't receive a call for 2nd interview. That is when I realized my mistake. I interviewed with one of the District Managers and towards the end I told him that I wanted his job. I want to apologize to this gentleman, I didn't mean this to be threatening or disrespectful. I only meant that I wanted a future and to eventually move up to District Manager and I was willing to start as a part-time associate. I learned a very good but hard lesson, choose your words carefully.

Interview Questions

• What do I do in my current job that would help at Aldi's?   1 Answer

Store Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesquite, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ALDI (Mesquite, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process was made very simple. First, I was called by a district manager in which they asked for a interview the following week after applying at a job event they were having. The basic questions of past experience and work background were asked. Have I shopped there before and what I enjoyed most about ALDI. Of I mentioned low prices. After an interview within two days the DM called an set up a final interview with the store Manager. That experience was all the same things just a little more in depth with job duties and Hours. I enjoy the importance of employees to the company.

Interview Questions

• What do you plan to get out of ALDI?   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norton Shores, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at ALDI (Norton Shores, MI) in May 2015.

Interview

I arrived at my interview 15 minutes early and they didn't know I was there because the cashier didn't tell them so it took an hour before I got to be interviewed and it was an OK interview process but then they never called me back

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work at Aldi   1 Answer

Warehouse Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Royal Palm Beach, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at ALDI (Royal Palm Beach, FL) in May 2015.

Interview

It was very brief and they asked very basic questions. This was the first interview and I showed up about 30 minutes early, and was asked to come back 15 minutes later because the interviewers were still at lunch. I was the first to arrive in a big room with chairs set up and they checked me in and asked me to sit and wait. Three more people showed up after me, and all three went into their one-on-one interviews before me. I had to wait another 10 minutes, then I went into my interview. It was extremely brief and said it could take up to a week to get a call back for the second interview.

Interview Questions

• If you could simplify one process at your current job, what would it be?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work at an Aldi's warehouse?   Answer Question
    • Are you available to be here before the daily crew arrives and stay later on a regular basis?   Answer Question
    • Can you lift at least 45 lbs?   Answer Question

District Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at ALDI.

Interview

Applied online and met with them at a job fair. Attended an open house recruiting event where myself and about 15 other candidates toured the store, found out more about the position and training, and was asked questions about the company. Each candidate then met with a current district manager for a mini-interview session. I received a call the next week for 1:1 interview with another district manager. Discussed my experience, answered behavioral type questions, and situation based questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your education and experience.
      What did and didn't you like about your previous job?
      Tell me about a group project that was difficult for you.
      What would you do if an employee that has been with the company for 10 years with no previous problems took a candy bar when the store was very busy and had intentions to pay for it later?
      What would you do if a store manager tried to take home a piece of store equipment for a friend to fix it?

Answer Question