ALDI

358 candidate interviews

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Delray Beach, FL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at ALDI in December 2012.

Interview Details – career fair

Interview Question – what would they say about me, if call my previous job?   Answer Question

Warehouse Picker Interview

Warehouse Picker
Greenwood, IN

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at ALDI in July 2012.

Interview Details – I was told someone would call within 2 wks to let you know or not if you moved ahead to the interview process. I was not called. I am a well educated woman in her early 40's with 2 sons to raise but I guess having some education behind me or the fact I am a temporary worker somewhere else who wanted a better job with some actual benefits (I will get NONE if I am hired on permanently where I am at now) was too much to ask for.

Interview Question – Getting a call in.   Answer Question

District Manager Trainee Interview

District Manager Trainee
Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through college or university and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at ALDI in March 2011.

Interview Details – I applied through my college job search. I got an on campus interview, which lasted about 20min and went well. Generic questions about my work history and why I wanted to work for Aldi.
I was asked to go with 5 other students from my college to the main offices. I had an hour interview with the VP at the offices. It was the hardest interview I ever had. I was asked questions about what I would do if an employee stole a pack of gum, 20$ or a pack of steaks. I was asked questions about hiring employees and firing employees. How I would handle a variety of situations.
We also had a group interview where we had to mention something that was not on our resume. Every person talked about the fact that they had studied abroad. We were then taken to lunch on Aldi's account.
No one in my panels was offered the position. It took them almost 2 months to contact us back. Which was with a generic letter. It was very disappointing.

Interview Question – What would you do if an employee stole a pack of gum/$20/chocolate bar/pack of steaks?   View Answer

Shift Manager Interview

Shift Manager
Lawrence, KS

The process took a day - interviewed at ALDI in January 2011.

Interview Details – Ad in local paper said to apply in person the following Friday from 3-8PM. I arrived at 3, was told to fill out an application, and get in line. This is a grocery store, it is busy Friday afternoons. There was a single line, there were 75-80 people in front of me, it went half way around the store, we were trying to stay out of the way of the customers. What was management thinking? Such an inconvenience to the customers, much less potential employees. I have worked in grocery for 20 years, after waiting in line for half an hour took my resume and application and left. What was management thinking?

District Manager Interview

District Manager
Minneapolis, MN

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at ALDI in December 2009.

Interview Details – There was an information session before the actual interview where the interviewers spoke with us about the position we had applied for and asked if we had any questions. This was followed by a dinner and we were allowed to ask more questions.

The interview was difficult and awkward. One of the interviewers came and left the room, the chair wasn't set up at the table, and the interviewer stopped me multiple times during the questioning to have me move my chair or take my portfolio. I realize that this is an interviewing tactic, but I had never actually experienced it before.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you found out an employee had taken a candy bar without paying for it?   Answer Question
  • What would you do if an employee stole a ham?   Answer Question
  • What would you do if an employee stole an entire cart full of groceries?   Answer Question

Front End Supervisor Interview

Front End Supervisor
Collingswood, NJ

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at ALDI in May 2012.

Interview Details – like a interrogation

Interview Questions

• More than once you are asked if you are hiding something from your past criminally.   View Answer
  • When is the last time you used drugs or broke the law.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – The interviewer treats you like your in a criminal interrogation, not a job interview.

District Manager Interview

District Manager
Saint Louis, MO

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 months - interviewed at ALDI.

Interview Details – I never actually applied. ... I had my resume posted on Career Builder and was contacted by a recruiter at a staffing agency. From the time the recruiter contacted me to the final round of interviews, it took about 2 months. I had a brief conversation with the recruiter about what I was looking for in a career and a company, and she thought it would be a good fit, so she sent me on to an initial interview with the Director of Operations. That day, I received an invitation to attend the final round of interviews with a group of other candidates.

The final round of interviews entailed interviews with several VP's and Directors. The day also included a visit of their warehouse and a visit to a nearby store with two district managers who have both been in position for several years. Ask tons of intelligent questions and make a great impression!

ALDI paid for hotel/travel for the final round of interviews, but not the initial meet & greet type interview. Overall it was a very smooth and informational process.

If you are open to relocation, prepare for the interview, and fit the personality of the interviewer, you shouldn't have any problem at least getting to the final round of interviews. Like I said before, ask a lot of questions - most of my interviews were me asking them questions rather than them asking me!

Just be yourself; explain your background and your interests with the position & company - It is a conversational type interview. They did ask a few questions, mostly about accountability and the type of leader you are.

Interview Question – Rate your assertiveness on a level from 1 to 10? ... Also, confidence & organizational skills
How would you go about giving out an unfavorable task?
What actions would you take if an employee that performed above standard consistently had a bad attitude?
What type of leader are you?
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – ALDI is a phenomenal company with a lot to offer - no need to negotiate salary or relocation!!!

Manager Trainee Interview

Manager Trainee

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ALDI in June 2010.

Interview Details – The interveiw process was three seperate interviewsAll of the interviews each of the district managers that are looking o hire you ask the same question multiple tiimes in different ways to see if you answer differently,Their are very long pauses after each answer making you feel like you need to add more to the answer like you didt answer it suffeciently.I left the last interview feeling like i did not get the job and i felt like i was interviewing for the secrect service.It was a very serious tension in the room.

Aldi District Manager Interview

Aldi District Manager
Haines City, FL

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ALDI in November 2011.

Interview Details – I heard about the position through my University and spoke to a couple of people until I got invited to the pre-night dinner, where they provided us with dinner and a presentation on the company and answered our questions. I went to that and the next day was my interview. The 1 on 1 interviews were about to be no longer than 15 minutes (which, i though was insufficient) but mine ended being about 40 minutes. I loved the individuals and their energy. I know many say it is a lot of hard work but I think it depended on the personality and how much of a challenge they wanted. The following week (4 days later), I got a call inviting me to the final round interview. It was a whole day filled with 1 on 1 interviews (6 specifically), a tour of the distribution center and a local Aldi, essay questions and a simple IQ exam. At the end of the week, I received a call extending me an offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – There's really nothing much to negotiate on besides that of your location-maybe. The starting salary is 70,000 and it would basically be considered an insult if you tried to negotiate that.

District Manager Trainee Interview

District Manager Trainee
Columbus, OH

The process took 2 months - interviewed at ALDI in December 2008.

Interview Details – First interview at career fair- one on one with director. Second at warehouse with 10+ other interviews in a group interview and had to do a presentation on the spot. Third interview with VP of division at a store.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for a discount grocery store?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Straight forward. Salary is a 5000 increase each yr for the first four years.

Worked for ALDI? Contribute to the Community!