ALDI

Updated Jul 22, 2014

Average Difficulty
357 candidate interviews

District Manager

I applied in-person and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at ALDI.

Interview Details – Applied at a hiring event for a store manager position, but was told with my college degree I should apply for District Manager position. Had 2 interviews with district managers. They were both ruthless and somewhat rude.

Interview Question – Would you consider yourself passive-aggressive or aggressive?   Answer Question

District Manager Inter Interview

District Manager Inter

Interviewed at ALDI

Interview Details – Applied through my career services website. Was chosen for an interview and had a pre night dinner the night before. The pre night dinner told us exactly what the job entailed and what they wanted in a DM. I then had then interview and it was a pretty straightforward resume questionnaire

Interview Question – Why should ALDI choose you?   Answer Question

District Manager

I applied in-person and interviewed at ALDI.

Interview Details – MBA Career Fair on the spot interview. Was a very fair interview asking behavioral questions pertinent to this role where management of people is definitely a key component. There was one interviewer, and they were normal, not trying to be too stern, not trying to be too friendly. So I appreciated their honesty in response to my questions as well.

Interview Question – Which accomplishment are you most proud of?   View Answer

Regional Manager Trainee Interview

Regional Manager Trainee

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ALDI.

Interview Details – Interviews were held on campus and were walk in. The man interviewing me was very nice and told me to relax and just be honest. The questions were mostly scenarios that I might come across as a manager.

Interview Question – How would you handle being 20-30 years younger than your subordinates?   View Answer

District Manager

Interview Details – Great process and very professional. You must act professional in this interview! Be clean cut/clean shaven and conduct yourself as professionally as possible. The full day of interviewing can wear you down but make the most of it. Ask questions and get to know the directors. Really bring your A game to the interview with the VP because my hunch is he makes the calls on who to hire.

Interview Question – Would you accept tickets to an outing from a store manager and go with him to that outing?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Cashier

Interviewed at ALDI

Interview Details – I went to a hiring event well dressed and then got a call later that day for an interview. The District Manager told me it was a 2 step process and that he was only screening applicants but by the end of it told me he was just going to give me the job.

Interview Question – No difficult questions at all   Answer Question

Dwight, IL

I applied through college or university and interviewed at ALDI.

Interview Details – There is a pre-night you have to attend (a dinner). It's a straightforward presentation, you hear a district manager talk about his/her experiences and some VPs contribute as well. On the day of your interview, it's very basic, 30 minutes exactly. A bunch of behavioral questions and a few ethics questions but nothing too difficult! They are looking for extremely hard workers that are willing to go above and beyond and like a good challenge.

Interview Question – you see a cashier sneak 5 dollars into her pocket when she thinks no one is looking. what do you do?   View Answer

Manager In Training Interview

Manager In Training

Interview Details – Interview Process

1st: Job Fair
2nd:1 on 1 with District Manager
3rd: 1 on 1 With Operations Director

Interview Question – Name a time you disagreed with your manager   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Cashier

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at ALDI.

Interview Details – The interview process was pretty straightforward. The questions they asked were similar to other jobs I've had. They were pretty intense about asking about your past 'sins.' They ask you whether you've had a DUI or speeding ticket and tell you if you lie they will find out and fre you.

Interview Question – They preface by saying that nobody is perfect so you should be honest with them. Then they rapid fire questions at you about: how much you drink, how many speeding tickets you have, have you ever smoked pot.....and everytime you say no then they remind you that if you have then they will find out and not hire you. It feels like you are applying for the FBI. But, to their credit, all my coworkers were wonderful people so I guess it's a good screening process.   Answer Question

Aldi District Manager Interview

Aldi District Manager

I applied through college or university and interviewed at ALDI.

Interview Details – Applied via school platform. Had face-to-face interview. Question about what would you do if a clerk stole 5 dollars from you.

Interview Question – Question about what would you do if a clerk stole 5 dollars from you.   View Answer

Worked for ALDI? Contribute to the Community!