ALDI Interview Questions

Updated Apr 26, 2015

2.8

Graduate Retail Interview

Anonymous Employee in Middleton, Greater Manchester, North West England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at ALDI (Middleton, Greater Manchester, North West England, England (UK)) in January 2015.

Interview

There was an initial online application which had some competency questions as well as the standard "Why Aldi?" I then got a letter through the post offering an assessment centre. On the day there was a numerical test, a verbal reasoning test, a presentation for a couple of minutes on anything we wanted, and group work about how we would cope on a desert island.

Interview Questions

• What we knew about the company, its roots, its position in the market, why we thought it had the strategy that it does. There were questions about Aldi's decision to sell certain brands and why it doesn't usually partner with brands. These were all questions asked to the group so you had to make sure you were answering enough questions without talking over others.   Answer Question

District Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at ALDI in September 2013.

Interview

I submitted my resume online and was emailed about a DM hiring event. I went to the hiring event and had a brief interview with the Director of Ops. I got a callback about two weeks later and went to another interview where there were many other candidates... we interviewed with the Director of Ops again, along with another Ops Director and the Vice President. We also had to write an essay.

Area Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chelmsford, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at ALDI (Chelmsford, England (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

1) Online application and a few competency questions.
    2) Postal application for my first choice region.
    3) Invitation to initial Interview (about 20-25 people and about 4 week wait) - including verbal/numerical/logical tests. Very low success rate, out of mine, two people got through, including me.
    4) Invitation to meet with an area manager (done with one other candidate) and final interview with MD
    5) Invitation to complete personality profiling test.
    6) Confirmation of final interviews.
    7) Offer

Interview Questions

• At the initial interview the MD asked us to provide:

- Brief introduction
      - Where we did our degree
      - Why Aldi?
      - Interesting fact about yourself

- Tell me about Aldi (big group discussion, ask questions, the structure of Aldi, how they standardise things for efficiency - make sure you get heard).

- 2 minute presentation on your greatest achievement

Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Johnstown, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ALDI (Johnstown, PA) in May 2012.

Interview

First I got the phone call of the job and then I went for 3 interviews. After the drug test and background check the called for a follow up interview and a start date.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Aldi?   1 Answer

Industrial Placement Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atherstone, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at ALDI (Atherstone, England (UK)) in April 2015.

Interview

A group interview consisting of about 10 people. We started with an introduction of ourselves followed by a group scenario. We then had to prepare a 2-minute presentation on a topic of our choice where the timing was strict. After this were reasoning tests and then we could as questions to the interviewers.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at ALDI (Wichita, KS) in January 2011.

Interview

I went to a hiring event where they pretty much looked everyone over and choose who they wanted to interview off first impressions. They set up an interview in store (1 of 3). The first was with the DM, he asked background and ethical questions. Second interview was with Store Manager, she asked more practical questions and offered details on what the work would be like. They look for very motivated, hard working individuals that can multitask, work very quickly and handle the physicality of the job. If you don't know much about this company you may want to research it, it's not for everyone but I loved it. They even asked to see my fingernails to see if I had fake nails (bc those will rip off as they put it haha). The third interview was with both the dm and store mgr where they offered me a job. The only thing I did not like was they tried to talk me down to part time, but I stood my ground and got hired in as full time with benefits.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Aldi?
      What do you know about Aldi?
      Describe a difficult situation with a coworker.
      Describe a difficult situation with a customer.
      Have you ever had cash handling or attendance issues at a previous employer?

Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at ALDI (Atlanta, GA) in April 2015.

Interview

Very fast signed the application talked to an interviewer ask me my experience my current job and what location I would like to work for got a second interview within a week

Interview Questions

• How well do you know about the position you applied for   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in South Windsor, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at ALDI (South Windsor, CT) in March 2015.

Interview

First round interview was on campus. Be sure to highlight your leadership experience via academic, extracurricular and work experiences. Nice interviewer, just be honest and show why you really want the job other than the good benefits. Second Round interview was at the divisional headquarters in South Windsor, Connecticut. There were 6 half hour interviews all one after another, so it was a lot all at once. Interviewed with 5 directors and the vice president of the division. A lot of overlap in questions. Situational questions such as: "what would you do if employee stole from the store?" and what kind of management style will you have as a district manager?". Then you write two short essays about why you want the job, and what your strengths/weaknesses about the job would be (kind of pointless since it was asked 6 times already). Then you go on a tour of an ALDI store and meet a district manager who was in your shoes not too long ago, so be sure to ask him or her lots of questions. Overall it was a good experience, the only thing lacking was a job offer, which I was a bit disappointed about since I thought the interviews went well.

Interview Questions

• What would your management style be? What leadership experience do you have? What apprehensions about this job do you have?   Answer Question

District Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at ALDI.

Interview

Informational dinner, interview, final interview in Dallas.
    They flew me to Dallas with a group of 6 which was great. Wrote a few essays about why I thought I could be a DM for them, etc.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions like tell me how about yourself, how do you deal with stress, ideal job   Answer Question

Application

The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at ALDI.

Interview

Went to a advertised job fair and was told only taking applications someone will call next week. Job fair to me is interview on the spot. Was called 2 weeks later was told need 2nd interview and that took another 2 weeks. Now say third interview next week then a fourth at corporate office. Have many years experience and they speak to you like your 16.

Interview Questions

• what would you tell a first grader your job as a Aldi store manager is.   1 Answer