ALDI Interview Questions

Updated Sep 12, 2014
Updated Sep 12, 2014

2.8

Store Manager Trainee Interview

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at ALDI in August 2014.

He talked sooooooo fast asking questions that you felt like you had to respond back talking fast as well or he just wasn't interested. It was weird. To me it felt like he was intimidated by me and felt threatened that I potentially wanted to take his job. Just felt like a very odd interview to me. Was not very professional in my opinion.

Interview Questions
    • He just asked to explain the very first job to your current job and asked questions in between.   Answer Question

District Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Akron, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ALDI in March 2012.

The interview process is long and takes about 1 month to complete. I went through 4 stages before I was offered the job. The first round was one-on-one on my college campus with the VP of the Division. The second round was a group interview at the division office which included several one-on-one interviews with various directors, a tour of the warehouse, a personality exam, and a general knowledge exam (basic algebra, geometry, grammar, etc.). The third round was spent on a half-day with one of the District Managers to get a feel for the day-to-day aspects of the job. The final round was another one-on-one with the VP of the Division, and that was when the offer was made to me.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked if I truly felt like I could handle the job, given the intense training program, and very demanding job requirements.   Answer Question

I received another job offer that was much better.

Aldi District Manager Interview

The process consists of three interviews. The first is a quick 30 minute interview with one person, more of like a screening. The next one consists of a 4-6 hour interview process that involves interviews with two other district managers, a Director of Operations and the Vice President of the area. In addition, as people take turns getting interviewed you are given two essay questions to write about. Finally, after this has been completed, you go to lunch with the team, come back and take a quick aptitude test(about 20 minutes long). Unfortunately, I did not pass to get into the interview, but the experience was great and everyone was very nice and welcoming!

Interview Questions
    • What do you do if you have someone on your team who refuses to do a job such as cleaning the bathroom?   Answer Question

DM Interview

recruited at campus career fair. went to a info section after I got the call back, and the day before the interview. Recruiters fit the stereotypical "business people" profile: fast pace, sometimes impatient. I was scheduled for 11 but I wasnt called till 12. The interviewer didnt explain why or apologize for making me wait so long. There was another girl waiting as well another interviewer from Aldi. So it wasnt just this one, the whole interview schedule was behind. I found it very unprofessional.

Store Manager In Training Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days - interviewed at ALDI in February 2013.

Apply at Job Fair. Once you get the call you will go to 3 Interviews...first with DM, then Store Manager, who will walk you around the store to see if you can keep up and how you handle the freezer, Finally the RM will have the final interview and make the offer.

Interview Questions
    • What is the one thing your last employer would say you needed work on?   Answer Question
    • you will be asked repeatedly if you are aware and ok with how physical this job is and are you willing to do it.   Answer Question
    Straight up. throughout the interview they are very informative and lay everything on the table.

Retail Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pendle Hill (Australia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pendle Hill (Australia)

I applied online - interviewed at ALDI in September 2013.

Applied online. Heard back from them after a month, they invited me to a interview. First round was a group interview. They ask some basic questions regarding our flexibility, days and time we will be available to work. After this round selected people are asked to move to the next room where one of the area manager presents us with the company profile for around 20 minutes. once this is done, there is a one on one interview with the area managers with few general questions and two or three numerical questions.

Interview Questions
    • The numerical questions. basic addition and subtraction question regarding the money counting.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation at all.

Aldi District Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at ALDI in March 2014.

The hiring process was very unorganized and provided false hope for employment. I attended 2 different smaller interviews before making it to the final stage. I had to take 3 trips to Pittsburgh where they covered barely any expenses except a hotel for the final interview. The final interview was a day long process where I had to miss school. Overall it was very dry and there was not much that intrigued me. The people were nice but the atmosphere was very dry and seemed rehearsed as if they had done it a million times. I am glad I did not receive an offer. They expect so much because they give a large salary but you basically are expected to give up your life.

Interview Questions
    • They used a lot of scenario questions where you had to build upon answers you had given in the past. I thought the essay they required us to write was extremely dumb.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 months - interviewed at ALDI in July 2014.

Three interviews total which I thought was a little bit overkill. I submitted an in person written application with my own printed one attached. I got a call, came in and talked with the DM. Then another in person with the manager, and a final with the DM. Three months it took for the entire process!! I was shocked when they initially called me because it had been so long. Drug test and background checked followed.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were very simple but they want to know everything about your history professionally, from your first ever job to present.   Answer Question

District Manager Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at ALDI.

I applied through my college recruitment website, I was brought in to meet the VP of my Division. I was confirmed and move on too a second interview at the Center Valley Head Main Office. I was interviewed with three other interns and given a math and literacy test. We toured the Warehouse and other various locations, very smooth process. Highly professional.

Interview Questions
    • Just know about Aldi, know there history, sustainability efforts/customer savings efforts.   Answer Question
    Everything is available on the website. Pay etc is all clear and highly competitive

Warehouse Selector Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at ALDI in February 2014.

Turned in application . Got a call next day to set up first interview. Meet with director of warehouse for an 1 on 1 interview and did tour of warehouse with warehouse supervisor . Received a second call for second interview and an lift test the following day. Meet with warehouse supervisor for lift test and a detailed jobs description . Was offered the job that same day.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle an fellow employee not following that safety rules of our warehouse.   Answer Question

Worked for ALDI? Contribute to the Community!