ALDI

358 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

District Manager Interview

District Manager

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at ALDI.

Interview Details – One phone interview, one face to face interview, an entire day interview, one final interview with hiring manager. I only made it to the face to face interview. The VP of the District Managers was easy to talk to, although he did ask hard questions. He seemed to judge me from the get-go.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work in the grocery industry?   View Answer

Assistant Buyer Interview

Assistant Buyer
Batavia, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ALDI in January 2014.

Interview Details – 3 Interview Process, pretty basic, lot of behavioral questions. Very professional environment and hiring managers are direct with laying out the growth opportunities at ALDI. Big emphasis on professionalism, organization, and details. Employer is more old school, have to fill out paper application.

Interview Question – Lots of Behavioral Questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Purchasing Assistant Interview

Purchasing Assistant

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at ALDI.

Interview Details – They make it clear in the interview that you will never grow in the company and will have to be satisfied where you are at and they make it clear they do not want to have to hire for the position again so you better be prepared to stick around. They also made it clear there is no real culture or 'fun' to be had and how serious the office environment was. While I completely understand hard work, I think companies thrive when there is a mix of both so I was shocked at how forward they were with this information. I consider some of what they said to be severe drawbacks to a corporate company...however, some may see that as a good thing. It was a great learning experience with regards to the structure of ALDI...but not a company I could see most people wanting to be apart of if they would like to grow in their careers. Definitely not for me.

Interview Question – What would you do if you came into an environment where you had to learn your new job but everyone was too busy to help you?   View Answer

Store Associate Interview

Store Associate

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ALDI.

Interview Details – Showed up to the hiring event. People showed up in jeans and I'm assuming they didn't get called back for a second interview. I went to a group interview the same day for a really easy interview and a tour around the store. Got called back a few days later to come in and have an interview with the store manager and I was offered the position.

Interview Question – What would you do if the store was out of strawberries and a customer wanted some?   View Answers (2)

Store Manager Trainee Interview

Store Manager Trainee
Baltimore, MD

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ALDI.

Interview Details – I attended a store hiring event, was called about two weeks later for an over the phone interview and was asked at the end of the call for a face to face interview a week or two later. Face to face interview with a District Manager lasted about 45 minutes.

Interview Question – would you be willing to take an offer of a lower position if the position of store manager trainee was not offered to you?   View Answer

District Manager Interview

District Manager

I applied through college or university and interviewed at ALDI.

Interview Details – Applied through University Career Site, got an on-campus interview. It took about 30 minutes, questions were mostly general ones like, weakness/strengths, why should we hire you. One on one interview, recruiter was very polite and patient but hurried to finished right after we passed the 25 minute mark.

Interview Question – What is your biggest regret?   Answer Question

District Manager Trainee Interview

District Manager Trainee

Interviewed at ALDI

Interview Details – I had three rounds of interviews: the first was at my university after a recruiting event, the second was at the divisional office where I received a mileage expense for commuting to the interview and interviewed with five Directors and the VP, toured the warehouse and a store, and took an IQ test at the very end of the day, the third round was with two directors and the VP where I was offered the job on the spot.

Interview Question – One Director intentionally tried to make me react or cry while I was being interviewed. It is important to remain calm and collected clearly communicate your reason for wanting the job as well as your capabilities and what you can bring to the table. A lot of trainees drop out of the training program because of physical exhaustion training in the store and running a store for several months. You need to show them that you have a thick skin and can complete the training. Hardest question: what is five qualities of a leader?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation you start at 75k with a company car and move up a four rung wage scale at each anniversary.

Cashier Interview

Cashier

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at ALDI.

Interview Details – Went to a hiring event at one of the stores. They asked if I have any experience working with money. They asked me to come back in 2 hrs for the 2nd interview. Got hired that same day.

Interview Question – What are your weaknesses?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Store Manager Trainee Interview

Store Manager Trainee

I applied online and interviewed at ALDI.

Interview Details – Odd company policies. Very short interview for me. I was told they defined full time as more than 20 hours, and hitting 34 at peak. I said thanks for your time, but no thank you. Seems like it would be a great company for college students or as a secondary income for a family.

Interview Question – What are you expecting for salary?   Answer Question

Shift Manager/Trainee Interview

Shift Manager/Trainee
Melbourne, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at ALDI in May 2014.

Interview Details – Horrible and disappointing process. Went to career fair, was invited back to an interview that evening. Was told that I'd be starting off as a cashier when I specifically applied for the store manager/trainee position. I have years of experience and a 4 year degree. District manager was very young, kept repeating himself and really did not seem to know what he was doing. Was told that IF I'd be promoted to a shift manager position, I'd be making $14.50 ONLY if there was no manager present at the time--if there was I'd be earning cashier's salary of $10.50. Full time is considered working 20 hrs. at Aldi, which includes being at the store at 6AM to start unloading, etc. Store manager was not professional and mispronounced my name about 10 times after I told her how it was correctly pronounced. What disappoints me the most is the fact that the hiring event had specifically outlined that Aldi was looking for MANAGEMENT TRAINEES----not people to start off as cashiers! Please don't advertise falsely. I used to be a frequent Aldi customer but after this experience I won't be setting foot in that store again.

Interview Question – Interview wasn't traditional, district manager appeared as if he had no experience conducting interviews before. Did not ask me any questions pertaining to my degree, work experience, etc., all he asked were what questions I have about job. Asked me if I had additional questions after meeting with store manager when in fact I had not yet met with store manager. Goes to show how organized and on top of things he was.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – If you think you're applying for a management trainee position, think again. They'll be starting you off as a cashier with $10.50/hr, full time is considered 20 hrs a week. They gloat on how much $$ store managers make, etc., but you aren't promised an advancement or opportunity to be a store manager yourself. Don't get stuck working as a cashier!