ALDI

Average Difficulty
351 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Store Manager Trainee

I applied online and interviewed at ALDI.

Interview Details – Odd company policies. Very short interview for me. I was told they defined full time as more than 20 hours, and hitting 34 at peak. I said thanks for your time, but no thank you. Seems like it would be a great company for college students or as a secondary income for a family.

Interview Question – What are you expecting for salary?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Cashier

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at ALDI.

Interview Details – Went to a hiring event at one of the stores. They asked if I have any experience working with money. They asked me to come back in 2 hrs for the 2nd interview. Got hired that same day.

Interview Question – What are your weaknesses?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Shift Manager/Trainee Interview

Shift Manager/Trainee
Melbourne, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at ALDI in May 2014.

Interview Details – Horrible and disappointing process. Went to career fair, was invited back to an interview that evening. Was told that I'd be starting off as a cashier when I specifically applied for the store manager/trainee position. I have years of experience and a 4 year degree. District manager was very young, kept repeating himself and really did not seem to know what he was doing. Was told that IF I'd be promoted to a shift manager position, I'd be making $14.50 ONLY if there was no manager present at the time--if there was I'd be earning cashier's salary of $10.50. Full time is considered working 20 hrs. at Aldi, which includes being at the store at 6AM to start unloading, etc. Store manager was not professional and mispronounced my name about 10 times after I told her how it was correctly pronounced. What disappoints me the most is the fact that the hiring event had specifically outlined that Aldi was looking for MANAGEMENT TRAINEES----not people to start off as cashiers! Please don't advertise falsely. I used to be a frequent Aldi customer but after this experience I won't be setting foot in that store again.

Interview Question – Interview wasn't traditional, district manager appeared as if he had no experience conducting interviews before. Did not ask me any questions pertaining to my degree, work experience, etc., all he asked were what questions I have about job. Asked me if I had additional questions after meeting with store manager when in fact I had not yet met with store manager. Goes to show how organized and on top of things he was.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – If you think you're applying for a management trainee position, think again. They'll be starting you off as a cashier with $10.50/hr, full time is considered 20 hrs a week. They gloat on how much $$ store managers make, etc., but you aren't promised an advancement or opportunity to be a store manager yourself. Don't get stuck working as a cashier!

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Syracuse, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at ALDI in April 2014.

Interview Details – Aldi had a hiring event at Destiny USA. I went expecting to be interviewed. I also expected lots of others. Both were true. We all stood in a line and one by one proceeded up to an open counter and handed in resume/ application. There were several questions asked but nothing but general questions. Lots of folks didn't even bring a resume.

Interview Question – Are you available full time or part time?   View Answer

Assistant Manager In Training Interview

Assistant Manager In Training

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at ALDI.

Interview Details – I applied it at Aldi recruitment event, and after about one week, I received a call for an interview. Meet up with a HR personnel at one of their store location. It was a one on one interview but the Lady who interview me seems a little bit rush, what she told me is she have about 20 more other candidates need to be interviewed at the same day

Interview Question – They can't offer me the position by the time I applied , but they do offer me another position   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – They can't offer me the position I want

Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ALDI.

Interview Details – I went to the hiring event had 4 interviews. Basic interview questions they really are trying to figure out if you are ready to work for them because it is labor intense. was gave an offer pending my background and drug test.

Interview Question – How is your present job like aldi and how is it different.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation,

District Manager Interview

District Manager

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ALDI.

Interview Details – First went to an ALDI dinner, then Interview one on one and then spent the day at Dallas corporate office. At the corporate office, there was a written test, 2 one on one interviews, a tour, and lunch.

Interview Question – Name a time that you have failed and did not learn from it. Also there is a written test you will be taking that tests spelling and math skills.   View Answer

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Danville, KY

I applied in-person and the process took 6 days - interviewed at ALDI in April 2014.

Interview Details – Saw an ad for a hiring event at a local ALDI so I went out, brought my resume and ALDI app. Started 11:30 AM there were about 20 people there by the time it started (with more coming in). Just handed the resume and app to the store manager since the actual hiring manager wasn't there yet, everyone went in a line and took about 3 minutes to answer her questions whether they'd be available, able to lift 50 pds etc. Got a call the next afternoon asking to come in for an interview several days later at 8:30 AM. Showed up, there were only 10-12 people there this time. We all got a tour with the general manager around the store, in the freezer/backroom. Then when back up front and all got 2:1 interviews with the hiring manager and the GM. Asked basic questions, got reminded a lot that there's only two people in the store at a shift, and that you'd basically be doing everything.

Interview Question – How would you handle a difficult situation?   View Answer

District Manager Trainee Interview

District Manager Trainee

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at ALDI in March 2014.

Interview Details – The first interview was an in-store interview with a District Manager. The DM was nice and friendly and very frank about the position. I was leery about the hours of work the position would require, but was eager to continue learning more about the position. During the second interview at the district headquarters, the interviewer was running late, and I found out they had scheduled both myself and another woman for 10am. I was there at 9:30am for a 10am interview, and wasn't taken back to interview until 10:30am. The interviewer seemed rushed to squeeze in all of her interviews that day.

Interview Question – I was asked where I had the biggest room for improvement. When I answered that there is room for improvement everywhere, and trying to think of a professional way to answer, the interviewer told me I had to pick just one. She seemed rushed.   Answer Question

District Manager Interview

District Manager
Valparaiso, IN

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at ALDI in March 2014.

Interview Details – First step was an informational dinner. I then had a 1 on 1 interview at my school followed by a group interview at the Valparaiso division. At the main office I had 7 interviews and a tour of the facilities. You also have to write two essays and take a math and english reasoning test.

Interview Question – Common questions. Why Aldi? Why would you be a good fit? If you could pick three attributes that a district manager should have what would they be?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at ALDI