ALDI Interview Questions

Updated Jul 27, 2015

2.8

Warehouse Selector Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Royal Palm Beach, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at ALDI (Royal Palm Beach, FL) in May 2015.

Interview

There are three interviews to go through. There is a pallet building test included and it is timed. Make sure you stack each layer evenly spreaded where they support each other.

Interview Questions

• What makes you different than everybody else and what can you bring to the table?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Just be honest about everything. Let them know everything up front. Have that team player attitude.

District Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at ALDI.

Interview

Informational dinner, interview, final interview in Dallas. They flew me to Dallas with a group of 6 which was great. Wrote a few essays about why I thought I could be a DM for them, etc.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions like tell me how about yourself, how do you deal with stress, ideal job   Answer Question

Store Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ALDI (Miami, FL) in April 2015.

Interview

I dropped my app + resume to several stores.I was called for an interview about a week later.I first interviewed with a district manager at a store for about 30 minutes.We discussed my experience in retail and my management style.I was called the next day and was scheduled to do a second interview with a store manager about a week later.This interview was basically a store walk starting from the front entrance of the store through the entire store including the freezer and coolers and ended in the receiving area.This was about another 30 minute process.The manager walked trough the daily routines and company expectations.This was basically to give me insight on the job I was applying for.At the end of the walk/interview I was asked if it was something I was interested in doing.I was called 2 days later to set up an interview with the director of store operations.I attended that interview 4 days later at the regional corporate office.They made me feel welcomed,I was a brand new facility.The director started out by giving me a run down on how the the interview will go,She stressed that honesty is the most important thing and if I was found to be dishonest about anything I will not be considered .She also said the interview will be about 30 minutes,I felt rushed at first because this was the final step and there is no way I could articulate my 20 years of experience in that short time.Well 30 minutes turned into two hours,She actually became very interested in what I had to say and started ingadging me in conversation and my retail experience.By this time she had called in a another director to sit in on the process.The interview lasted another 20 minutes after that at which they excused themselves from the room.They were gone for about 5 minutes,they came back in and offered me the job pending drug and background check.That process took one week.

Interview Questions

• 1.Have you use drugs,will you pass a drug test? 2.Have you ever had to term an employee?   Answer Question

Application

The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at ALDI.

Interview

Went to a advertised job fair and was told only taking applications someone will call next week. Job fair to me is interview on the spot. Was called 2 weeks later was told need 2nd interview and that took another 2 weeks. Now say third interview next week then a fourth at corporate office. Have many years experience and they speak to you like your 16.

Interview Questions

• what would you tell a first grader your job as a Aldi store manager is.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at ALDI (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

The process was very informal a 15 minute on campus interview. He asked me to run down my resume and explain each part of it to him. During this process he interrupted me 4 times telling me that I'm running out of time. He was extremely rude and would not acknowledge me when I tried to shake his hand for the first time. I did not receive an offer which was no surprise. Even if I would have received an offer I would declined just based off of his behavior.

Cashier/Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at ALDI (Columbus, OH) in April 2015.

Interview

Went to a hiring event and got called about a week later. Went in to interview with 2 regional people. The next day I had a second interview with a store manager that just shower me around the place . Then a week later o had a third interview with the same two regional people for all of 3 minutes. Which they made me drive far out to a location that I wasn't even going to be working at. After that they told me another store manager would contact me. He did and I didn't respond back. All in all the process was a bunch of wasted time it took like a month and I was tired of waiting on aldi.

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at ALDI (Indianapolis, IN) in April 2015.

Interview

Started with a dinner where past interns explained what they did. They had a few district managers present to go over information and questions. Next day was a 1 on 1 interview with the head regional manager. Asked basic behavioral questions and you needed a lot of examples.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been viewed as unprofessional and how did you go about fixing it?   Answer Question

Aldi District Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7+ monthsinterviewed at ALDI (Atlanta, GA) in April 2015.

Interview

After DM interning at Aldi, I decided to pursue career as a DM. I ended up having 15 interviews in total in 3 different divisions. I was told numerous times "we want to hire you, but think you'd be better suited for x division." After being flown all around the country numerous times, the last interview VP told me that my GPA was a 2.998 and they required a 3.0 and that he too wanted to offer me a job but didn't feel comfortable "taking a chance on me because my GPA was a hurdle." He said I could potentially have an interview with someone in the corporate office to plead my case of why I should be hired, but after 15 interviews and talking to 20+ members of divisional management, I decided it really wasn't as great a company as the brochures make it out to be. Pay would have been great. I studied leadership and love the responsibility of the job, but in so many conversations, I realized that employees really are not cared about at this company. Bizarre process, indecisive, would not recommend.

Interview Questions

• From your research and knowledge, what would you change about Aldi?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if you saw an employee steal a piece of gum from the shelf.   1 Answer
    • Are you smart enough to work at Aldi? (My GPA was .002 less than the requirement.)   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lindenhurst, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at ALDI (Lindenhurst, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

straight to the point! the interview was short and was asked a few questions about why I want to work for ALDI.I said that I would like a chance to grow with the company. I think ALDI is a very good company to get on board with.

Interview Questions

• what my manager experiences were?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at ALDI in April 2015.

Interview

Interview was very easy with simple questions needing a smart answer, went to store tour following day they seem very happy with me. Shocking news i was not hire don't even know why.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about aldi?   1 Answer