ALDI Interview Questions

Updated Sep 28, 2014
Updated Sep 28, 2014

2.8

Store Manager Trainee Interview

I applied online - interviewed at ALDI.

Odd company policies. Very short interview for me. I was told they defined full time as more than 20 hours, and hitting 34 at peak. I said thanks for your time, but no thank you. Seems like it would be a great company for college students or as a secondary income for a family.

Shift Manager/Cashier Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at ALDI in June 2014.

Hiring event in June. It was really impersonal then I was trying to ask questions and the lady cut me off and said if we are interested then we will call you.

Interview Questions
    • I was not asked any questions. It was a hiring event and I don't think the ladies were not really interested in asking questions to see if their was people/ person that were a good fit for the company   Answer Question

Assistant Manager In Training Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 1 week - interviewed at ALDI.

I applied it at Aldi recruitment event, and after about one week, I received a call for an interview. Meet up with a HR personnel at one of their store location. It was a one on one interview but the Lady who interview me seems a little bit rush, what she told me is she have about 20 more other candidates need to be interviewed at the same day

Interview Questions
    • They can't offer me the position by the time I applied , but they do offer me another position   Answer Question

They can't offer me the position I want

Store Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ALDI.

I went to the hiring event had 4 interviews. Basic interview questions they really are trying to figure out if you are ready to work for them because it is labor intense. was gave an offer pending my background and drug test.

Interview Questions
    • How is your present job like aldi and how is it different.   Answer Question
    no negotiation,

District Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ALDI.

First went to an ALDI dinner, then Interview one on one and then spent the day at Dallas corporate office. At the corporate office, there was a written test, 2 one on one interviews, a tour, and lunch.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time that you have failed and did not learn from it. Also there is a written test you will be taking that tests spelling and math skills.   View Answer

Shift Manager/Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Melbourne, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at ALDI in May 2014.

Horrible and disappointing process. Went to career fair, was invited back to an interview that evening. Was told that I'd be starting off as a cashier when I specifically applied for the store manager/trainee position. I have years of experience and a 4 year degree. District manager was very young, kept repeating himself and really did not seem to know what he was doing. Was told that IF I'd be promoted to a shift manager position, I'd be making $14.50 ONLY if there was no manager present at the time--if there was I'd be earning cashier's salary of $10.50. Full time is considered working 20 hrs. at Aldi, which includes being at the store at 6AM to start unloading, etc. Store manager was not professional and mispronounced my name about 10 times after I told her how it was correctly pronounced. What disappoints me the most is the fact that the hiring event had specifically outlined that Aldi was looking for MANAGEMENT TRAINEES----not people to start off as cashiers! Please don't advertise falsely. I used to be a frequent Aldi customer but after this experience I won't be setting foot in that store again.

Interview Questions
    • Interview wasn't traditional, district manager appeared as if he had no experience conducting interviews before. Did not ask me any questions pertaining to my degree, work experience, etc., all he asked were what questions I have about job. Asked me if I had additional questions after meeting with store manager when in fact I had not yet met with store manager. Goes to show how organized and on top of things he was.   Answer Question

If you think you're applying for a management trainee position, think again. They'll be starting you off as a cashier with $10.50/hr, full time is considered 20 hrs a week. They gloat on how much $$ store managers make, etc., but you aren't promised an advancement or opportunity to be a store manager yourself. Don't get stuck working as a cashier!

District Manager Interview

I went through University Recruiting and was interviewed at my University. The process was nice and easy and the questions asked were based off my resume. There were no real trick questions or anything they were trying to get to know me. It seemed they really took the resume as being the ticket to who you really are.

District Manager Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at ALDI.

Ask you some scenario questions. What you would do if x happened and whatnot.

Interview Questions
    • The scenario question kind of stumped me, cant remember quite what it was though.   Answer Question

District Manager Interview

It was 2 week quick process. Round interview with all the directors and follow up with third interview. Than the final offer.

District Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Frederick, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frederick, MD

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ALDI.

First required to attend an info session and then go through two rounds of interviews. First round lasted about 20 mins, some general questions about your interest in the company and position..etc. Second round, on-site interviews with different directors more in-depth then the first. Also gave a tour of an Aldi warehouse and store. Overall, very fast interview process and not really many unexpected questions. Everyone is pretty friendly and open to answering any questions you may have.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a famous person you look up to and why do you admire them?   Answer Question