ALDI Interview Questions

Updated Jul 1, 2015

2.8

Aldi District Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7+ monthsinterviewed at ALDI (Atlanta, GA) in April 2015.

Interview

After DM interning at Aldi, I decided to pursue career as a DM. I ended up having 15 interviews in total in 3 different divisions. I was told numerous times "we want to hire you, but think you'd be better suited for x division." After being flown all around the country numerous times, the last interview VP told me that my GPA was a 2.998 and they required a 3.0 and that he too wanted to offer me a job but didn't feel comfortable "taking a chance on me because my GPA was a hurdle." He said I could potentially have an interview with someone in the corporate office to plead my case of why I should be hired, but after 15 interviews and talking to 20+ members of divisional management, I decided it really wasn't as great a company as the brochures make it out to be. Pay would have been great. I studied leadership and love the responsibility of the job, but in so many conversations, I realized that employees really are not cared about at this company. Bizarre process, indecisive, would not recommend.

Interview Questions

• From your research and knowledge, what would you change about Aldi?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if you saw an employee steal a piece of gum from the shelf.   1 Answer
    • Are you smart enough to work at Aldi? (My GPA was .002 less than the requirement.)   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Patchogue, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at ALDI (Patchogue, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Interviewer watched from the store, as I walked up. Greeted me and asked for my completed application. If I did not download one he would have me fill it out there.

Interview Questions

• This is a fast paced job can you lift 45 pounds?   1 Answer

Aldi Shift Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at ALDI.

Interview

I went to the first "interview". The district manager was kurt in her approach. The district manager has the group of applicants line up in the front of the store, and individually come over to her, handing her our applications with our resume included. She asked if I had any questions, and her answer was short and sort of to the point. When I asked for clarification on the position related to the pay scale, as it seemed to be a dual role (sometimes a cashier and only when needed, as shift supervisor), My question was, "Does the pay rate change with the role served?", and she stated, "Yes." I also inquired when could I expect a response for an interview which she said about 2 weeks. I thanked her and extended my for a handshake, and she told me, "I don't shake hands." Now if you are in the business to recruit people to your business, you must be willing to shake a hand or two, after all, there is such a thing as hand sanitizer! I did notice that she also wrote on the back of each applicant's paperwork as they walked away. Now I know as a manager doing interviews that the interviewer does make notes on each applicant/ interviewee, but it is usually done after the applicant has left and is done as a private action. I felt she was not approachable or maybe she was having a "bad day", but she needed to brush up on her people skills.

District Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at ALDI.

Interview

Behavioral questions, asked why I was interested in Aldi. The guy that interviewed me was stoic and I knew that I was not the best fit for their culture. But other than that he didn't ask any hard questions. Interview lasted for 30 minutes and I was able to ask questions at the end.

Interview Questions

• What is the most valuable skillet that you have gained through your extracurriculars that you can transfer to the position you applied for?   Answer Question

Aldi District Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Haines City, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at ALDI (Haines City, FL).

Interview

Very lengthy interview process, applied through college recruiter and traveled to distribution center in which I participated in five 45 minute interviews back to back and then a tour of the distribution center

Interview Questions

• All behavioral interview questions... Explain a time when you disagreed with a coworker and what did you do, tell me about yourself, etc   Answer Question

District Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Frederick, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at ALDI (Frederick, MD) in March 2015.

Interview

Short interview with questions about personality type. They are looking for someone who is not afraid to work long hours and put in all of their effort into this position. If you are okay with putting the time into this job, it seems like a good position.

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at ALDI (Springfield, MO) in March 2015.

Interview

It was a quick interview with mainly general personality-based questions. They asked questions like:
    What makes a leader?, How do you define success?, What drew you to ALDI?, What do you like to do in your spare time?, What is one undesirable trait that you have personally witnessed in a manager?, and If hired, what will your employees learn from you?

I received a letter (by email) notifying me that they would not be extending me an offer the next day.

Interview Questions

• Name the 3 most influential people to who you are today.   Answer Question

District Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at ALDI (Miami, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied through my university; process took a little over a week. After that we were invited to watch an information session the day before the interview. Very informative, extremely helpful. The next day was the interview, the manager who interview me asked basic questions about me and my future expectations. They want to make sure you are right for the role before contacting you for a second interview at the HQ. Overall the manager was very nice and seemed to pay close attention to what I said. Make sure you understand what your role is and don't forget to ask question.

Store Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online – interviewed at ALDI (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

Dropped off completed application at job fair and in store. Dressed professionally and was not called back within a week, as they stated. There was no one else at the job fair besides the two hiring managers.

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at ALDI (Madison, WI) in March 2015.

Interview

Dinner the night before the interview where they basically just tell you about the positions, then a very short behavioral interview (lasted about 10-15 minutes), and then an on-site all-day visit. I have my on-site interview tomorrow, so unfortunately can't provide any insight on that.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to make a difficult decision; tell me about why you decided to come to UW-Madison; describe your college experience on a scale of 1-10.   1 Answer