ALDI

2.8

Aldi District Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at ALDI in September 2014.

I applied through my college career website and was selected for an interview. Prior to attending the interview I attended an dinner info session where employees from ALDI thoroughly informed me about the position. I had my interview the next day which was a typical interview where the interview asked mostly questions about me and what my plans where for the future. The interview didn't last very long and the questions asked where very straight forward and typical. After the interview I was told that i would be contacted within a few days and the next day I received an email informing me that I had been selected to move on to the next step of the process which is an onsite interview at a district location.

Interview Questions
    • Why should we hire you instead of any of the other candidates for the position   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Murfreesboro, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Murfreesboro, TN

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ALDI in September 2014.

I've always wanted to work for Aldi but I could never make it to the Hiring Event. So finally i just took my application I printed offline to my local Aldi, just two days after the Hiring Event I missed. A week goes by and I forgot all about it and I'm asked to come in for an interview the following week. On the day of, I was sure to arrive 10 minutes early where the District Manager came to greet me into the office. Immediately i got comfortable as he asked me to tell him about myself like my intrests abd hobbies. He went on further asking about my previous jobs. I verified basic things address phone numbers. The interview lasted 10 minutes or less and he said he would see if he could set me up a second interview with the Store Manager. Same day i had a second interview with the store manager . He liked me snd made the call. When i left there an hour later I was offered the job. I accepted gladly. Following friday i took my drug test and now im awaiting Orientation! !!!!

Interview Questions
    • What can you bring to Aldi?   Answer Question
    • Name a time when a customer was upset, how did you solve the problem and what steps did you take to solve it?   Answer Question

DM Interview

recruited at campus career fair. went to a info section after I got the call back, and the day before the interview. Recruiters fit the stereotypical "business people" profile: fast pace, sometimes impatient. I was scheduled for 11 but I wasnt called till 12. The interviewer didnt explain why or apologize for making me wait so long. There was another girl waiting as well another interviewer from Aldi. So it wasnt just this one, the whole interview schedule was behind. I found it very unprofessional.

District Manager Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at ALDI in September 2014.

I got an email inviting me to a dinner that night before the interview to tell us what the company is all about and at the end we had a chance to talk to the representatives of aldi.

Interview Questions
    • What do your friends think about you?
      What are your hobbies?
      How did you handle a confrontational situation with a fellow colleague?
      have you had any leadership positions in the past? what did that entail?
      Tell me about yourself
      tell me about your strengths and weaknesses
      why did you choose Aldi?
      What is the best and work decision you ever made?

Answer Question

District Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at ALDI in September 2014.

I applied through campus job posting. There was a dinner the night before the interview for all the applicants. The dinner covered many questions about the company and what to expect in the job. First interview was 30 minutes long on campus. It mainly focused on my resume and why I'm interested in ALDI. 2nd part of interview process was at the distribution center and contained 3 interviews, a walk through of warehouse, and walk through of a local store. 3rd part will be shadowing a district manager for a day.

Interview Questions
    • Basic behavioral based questions. Some questions relate to how well you would react to being a boss of someone older than you.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

interviewed at ALDI in September 2014.

Campus recruiters at Career Fair, went to an informational dinner, then interviewed with VP. The process was very professional and they were very transparent about what it takes to work there and what life will be like should you accept the position.

Interview Questions
    • Typical questions. Lots of inquiry into leadership roles.   Answer Question

District Manager Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at ALDI.

I applied through my college recruitment website, I was brought in to meet the VP of my Division. I was confirmed and move on too a second interview at the Center Valley Head Main Office. I was interviewed with three other interns and given a math and literacy test. We toured the Warehouse and other various locations, very smooth process. Highly professional.

Interview Questions
    • Just know about Aldi, know there history, sustainability efforts/customer savings efforts.   Answer Question
    Everything is available on the website. Pay etc is all clear and highly competitive

Store Manager Trainee Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at ALDI in August 2014.

He talked sooooooo fast asking questions that you felt like you had to respond back talking fast as well or he just wasn't interested. It was weird. To me it felt like he was intimidated by me and felt threatened that I potentially wanted to take his job. Just felt like a very odd interview to me. Was not very professional in my opinion.

Interview Questions
    • He just asked to explain the very first job to your current job and asked questions in between.   Answer Question

Store Manager Trainee Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at ALDI in August 2014.

Process took a month and that was for two parts of the four part interview process. They seem to string a candidate along. This company probably loses countless prospects because they drag their feet. If you have limited retail experience you will not be considered. A giant waste of your time because they seem unwilling to train and really believe that managing an ALDI location is difficult.

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at ALDI in July 2014.

Open Interview, showed up 15 minutes early, resume and application in hand, dressed in a suit. Interviewer was in a full suit. Of the 8 or so that were early, I was the only one that was prepared, and not dressed in shorts/jeans and tank top/tshirt and flip flops. Ad specifically asked for application to be filled out prior. "Interview" lasted less than two minutes. Introduction, Can you work 40 hours?, Did you graduate high school? Do you have transportation? and can you lift over 40lbs? Answer yes, to all. "Great well it looks like you are qualified, We will be calling for interviews this evening" and that was it. Next guy after me was out the door before i was able to get to my car.