ALDI Interview Questions

Updated Jul 27, 2015

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at ALDI (Syracuse, NY).

Interview

The company recruited on-campus and I got offered a first-round interview. Personally, I thought it really went well. I answered all the questions with so much passion and enthusiasm and they asked really easy questions so I do not know why I didn't get it. Oh, right. I know why-- Aldi has a certain look they're trying to go for, mainly white people look.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at ALDI (Miami, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied through my university; process took a little over a week. After that we were invited to watch an information session the day before the interview. Very informative, extremely helpful. The next day was the interview, the manager who interview me asked basic questions about me and my future expectations. They want to make sure you are right for the role before contacting you for a second interview at the HQ. Overall the manager was very nice and seemed to pay close attention to what I said. Make sure you understand what your role is and don't forget to ask question.

District Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at ALDI.

Interview

Applied online through my college career page. Was contacted for a informational and assigned an interview time. Was first asked to a informational dinner, had first interview the next day, now planning on going for a second round interview at their Headquarters

Interview Questions

• basic questions, why you want to work for AlDI, leadership experience, What makes you stand out   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at ALDI.

Interview

Recruited on campus. Was invited to a mandatory dinner the night before to learn more about the company and job position. Interview was the next morning. Lasted about 20 minutes

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to make a difficult decision, and it was not successful.   Answer Question

District Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at ALDI.

Interview

I applied at a job fair at USC and heard back within a week. I had to apply online,I was first invited for an information session and the next day I had an interview which was an average interview. They told me I would hear back from them either way within a week.

Interview Questions

• Experience and behavior questions about resume and past jobs.   Answer Question

District Manager Interview

Interview

Career fair on campus led to a phone interview. Then a very long "super-day" at one of their regional offices. Met with VP's and directors. Written test was required. Visited a few of their store fronts.

District Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at ALDI.

Interview

Applied online through our campus recruiting page and the process took about a week. Went in for the interview, and waited for the recruiter to come and get me to come into the interview room. I was sitting outside the door and the recruiter passed me when she went to talk with one of her colleagues in another room. After she came back the recruiter was on her phone, and did not come and get me. I waited outside the door for 10 minutes and went to check the time, when I came back she acted as if I had done something wrong. Forgive me, but I was taught that the recruiter is expected to be prompt and ask the interviewee to come in to the interview room. Because of this experience I was somewhat glad I was not asked back. I guess my expectations for senior management are too high. The actual interview was good though. The recruiter asked behavioral type questions.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose your college Who has shaped your life Tell us about a time you handled a conflict   Answer Question

District Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at ALDI.

Interview

Applied through recruiting organization, process took less than a month. First Interview was in store -- gave a description of position and asked behavioral questions. Second Interview -- at district office, all day interviews consisted of 3-4 interviews with district managers, regional managers, and VP. Then there was lunch and a one on one drive to a store with a district manager. Everyone was incredibly friendly and personable.

Corporate Assistant Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Batavia, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at ALDI (Batavia, IL).

Interview

Aldi uses outside staffing agencies to find candidates. After a phone l, skills assesment test and 1 in person interview with the staffing agency, you start the ALDI interview process. Typically 1st interview with buyer (if in training then their advisor as well.) If called back, the 2nd interview with buyer and thier boss. Have seen process take 2 interviews to over 8. Company tries to find the right match in personality types between buyer and assistants.

Anonymous Employee in West Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at ALDI (West Lafayette, IN) in February 2015.

Interview

I honesty thought I had a very good interview. In fact, it was one of the best interviews I had. It appears to me that they have a very specific "look" of their District Managers. They were all white and frat-like. The interviewer asked me to only discuss two items on my resume. I answered all the questions very well and I thought things went pretty good. I didn't get a second interview. I do think they prefer white males with a fraternity like appearance.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing about the job you find unappealing?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a decision you made that you would go back and change.   Answer Question