ALDI

2.8

Store Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Webberville, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Webberville, MI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at ALDI in September 2014.

Contacted by a recruiter in September 2014; they asked me about my previous experience and if I would consider taking over a store for ALDI. Told me training lasted 9-18 months (depending on the person), during training I would make $22 per hour and after that the salary range was $60,000-$75,000 per year plus bonuses. Gave me guidelines on what to wear/not wear (this was entertaining to say the least). No big hoops, no funky nail polish, no excessive make-up, no wild hair style, no super bright colors or intense designs, not a ton of jewelry ect. Basically, best choice would be to dress very conservative--think banker.
    I had my first interview a few weeks later with the Director of Operations in Webberville, MI. I had been informed interviews last approximately 30 mins, I was there for 1.5 hours, but I did have a lot of questions.
    The director never asked me about strengths/weaknesses or random I.Q. type questions (research online lead me to believe these were standard questions used); instead, the questions were along the lines of "How do I handle difficult situations-give examples" "What duties do I perform in my current position" "Why do I want to leave my current position" "Why have I not yet been promoted to a Store Manager" (at the time I was an Assistant Store Manager and have held a few different positions with this title) "Do the job duties at ALDI sound like something I would be interested in" "What was my lowest/highest rated area in my previous annual review" "What do I like best about my current position" "What is my managerial/leadership style"
    I was told to bring my application to the interview, which the Director never did ask for, but I turned it in at the end anyway. I was then asked when I would be able to meet with a District Manager and Store Manager (the first interview was on a Thursday...next interview was set up for the following Monday).
    That Monday I showed up at the store, which was really busy, and I didn't spend more than 5 mins with the Store Manager. Met with the Director of Operations again, as well as a District Manager. Interview was with them both simultaneously (this was a little nerve racking), but the questions were pretty much the same as my first interview and I was just asked to re-tell answers that I had given previously so that the District Manager could hear my responses.
    After this second interview, I was contacted within a week asking me to meet with another District Manager in order to fill out my background check, previous residence information and to get my drug screening paperwork. This meeting involved paperwork and I was asked for what size shirts I wear so they could order mine--pretty good inclination I was definitely hired. The District Manager told me I could either put in my two week notice that day or I could wait for my background check/drug screen to come through (no pressure with this option whatsoever).
    Due to the fact that I have a criminal record (a few misdemeanors and two felonies--all more than 7 years ago) I was worried that I would not pass, but while filling out the background check I was instructed to just be honest because the company is huge on honesty! I wrote every little thing down that I had ever been arrested/charged with, leaving out no detail because I didn't want to lose the opportunity.
    Background check finally came through almost two weeks later and I was instructed to put in my two week notice that day.
    My start date was about six weeks after my initial interview; 8-10 weeks from the date I was contacted by the recruiter.

Interview Questions
    • No question was difficult or unexpected--pretty straight forward.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. The offer made was final and it was either accept or decline.

Aldi District Manager Interview

The process consists of three interviews. The first is a quick 30 minute interview with one person, more of like a screening. The next one consists of a 4-6 hour interview process that involves interviews with two other district managers, a Director of Operations and the Vice President of the area. In addition, as people take turns getting interviewed you are given two essay questions to write about. Finally, after this has been completed, you go to lunch with the team, come back and take a quick aptitude test(about 20 minutes long). Unfortunately, I did not pass to get into the interview, but the experience was great and everyone was very nice and welcoming!

Interview Questions
    • What do you do if you have someone on your team who refuses to do a job such as cleaning the bathroom?   Answer Question

Aldi District Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at ALDI in September 2014.

I applied through my college career website and was selected for an interview. Prior to attending the interview I attended an dinner info session where employees from ALDI thoroughly informed me about the position. I had my interview the next day which was a typical interview where the interview asked mostly questions about me and what my plans where for the future. The interview didn't last very long and the questions asked where very straight forward and typical. After the interview I was told that i would be contacted within a few days and the next day I received an email informing me that I had been selected to move on to the next step of the process which is an onsite interview at a district location.

Interview Questions
    • Why should we hire you instead of any of the other candidates for the position   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Murfreesboro, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Murfreesboro, TN

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ALDI in September 2014.

I've always wanted to work for Aldi but I could never make it to the Hiring Event. So finally i just took my application I printed offline to my local Aldi, just two days after the Hiring Event I missed. A week goes by and I forgot all about it and I'm asked to come in for an interview the following week. On the day of, I was sure to arrive 10 minutes early where the District Manager came to greet me into the office. Immediately i got comfortable as he asked me to tell him about myself like my intrests abd hobbies. He went on further asking about my previous jobs. I verified basic things address phone numbers. The interview lasted 10 minutes or less and he said he would see if he could set me up a second interview with the Store Manager. Same day i had a second interview with the store manager . He liked me snd made the call. When i left there an hour later I was offered the job. I accepted gladly. Following friday i took my drug test and now im awaiting Orientation! !!!!

Interview Questions
    • What can you bring to Aldi?   Answer Question
    • Name a time when a customer was upset, how did you solve the problem and what steps did you take to solve it?   Answer Question

DM Interview

recruited at campus career fair. went to a info section after I got the call back, and the day before the interview. Recruiters fit the stereotypical "business people" profile: fast pace, sometimes impatient. I was scheduled for 11 but I wasnt called till 12. The interviewer didnt explain why or apologize for making me wait so long. There was another girl waiting as well another interviewer from Aldi. So it wasnt just this one, the whole interview schedule was behind. I found it very unprofessional.

District Manager Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at ALDI in September 2014.

I got an email inviting me to a dinner that night before the interview to tell us what the company is all about and at the end we had a chance to talk to the representatives of aldi.

Interview Questions
    • What do your friends think about you?
      What are your hobbies?
      How did you handle a confrontational situation with a fellow colleague?
      have you had any leadership positions in the past? what did that entail?
      Tell me about yourself
      tell me about your strengths and weaknesses
      why did you choose Aldi?
      What is the best and work decision you ever made?

Answer Question

District Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at ALDI in September 2014.

I applied through campus job posting. There was a dinner the night before the interview for all the applicants. The dinner covered many questions about the company and what to expect in the job. First interview was 30 minutes long on campus. It mainly focused on my resume and why I'm interested in ALDI. 2nd part of interview process was at the distribution center and contained 3 interviews, a walk through of warehouse, and walk through of a local store. 3rd part will be shadowing a district manager for a day.

Interview Questions
    • Basic behavioral based questions. Some questions relate to how well you would react to being a boss of someone older than you.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

interviewed at ALDI in September 2014.

Campus recruiters at Career Fair, went to an informational dinner, then interviewed with VP. The process was very professional and they were very transparent about what it takes to work there and what life will be like should you accept the position.

Interview Questions
    • Typical questions. Lots of inquiry into leadership roles.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at ALDI in September 2014.

Before the interview there was an information seminar. Here they introduced the company, benefits, and responsibility of the job.

After was a dinner interview where they got to have personal time with each candidate. The next day, was the real interview.

District Manager Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at ALDI.

I applied through my college recruitment website, I was brought in to meet the VP of my Division. I was confirmed and move on too a second interview at the Center Valley Head Main Office. I was interviewed with three other interns and given a math and literacy test. We toured the Warehouse and other various locations, very smooth process. Highly professional.

Interview Questions
    • Just know about Aldi, know there history, sustainability efforts/customer savings efforts.   Answer Question
    Everything is available on the website. Pay etc is all clear and highly competitive