ALDI

Average Difficulty
19 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Houston, TX

The process took 2 months - interviewed at ALDI.

Interview Details – Lengthy process but company is upfront and honest about the entire thing. Went to 4 separate interviews. The store manager the district manager the director of operations and then back to the district manager.

Interview Question – If I were on a magazine cover what magazine would it be and what would be the headline   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not negotiable.

Hollywood, FL

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at ALDI in November 2010.

Interview Details – You go to a Job fair with Hundreds of people and fill out an Application. They Have up a slide show telling you about the position and company. If intrested in you they will call you very quickly for a face to face with the 2 DM's. If she like you then you will have a face to face with the Director and DM's. The Director will make the final deceision on hireing you.

Interview Question – The first set of questions will be about your experiences in the work place. The next questions will be about how you handles certain problems at your current or last job. For example, How would you handle two employees arguing on the sales floor?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The company has a flat rate for Manager in training position. Its $20 per hour.

Wilkes-Barre, PA

I interviewed at ALDI in July 2013.

Interview Details – Process is three interviews, first one is basically like a job fair and the other two are with a district manager.

Interview Question – Do you have a record?   Answer Question

Manager Trainee

I applied in-person - interviewed at ALDI in March 2010.

Interview Details – Filled out app, got a call later that day for interview next day. They were pretty straight forward about their expectations and duties expected of the job, which was cool.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected, just Normal questions you would expect from any interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Syracuse, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ALDI in February 2013.

Interview Details – Went to a hiring event on a Thursday at 7:35, 5 minutes after it started. The room was already packed with people sitting down filling out their applications. I would suggest you print your application off online and fill it out before. I went straight to the desk where two district managers were sitting and handed in my application. She asked a few yes or no questions such as "Can you lift 45lbs"? and "do you have a means of getting to work"? and then said expect to receive a phone call within two weeks if we're interested. I got a the following Friday to come in for an interview in a week and a half. The interview was pretty straight forward and I thought it went well, but I think they wanted management experience which coming straight out of college, I do not have.

Interview Question – What is your management style?
Have you ever seen an employee steal? How would you react if you witnessed it?
How do you motivate yourself?
How would you motivate your coworkers?
Name a time when you were managing and your worker did something wrong. How did you solve the problem?
What would your previous employers say about you?
  Answer Question

Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ALDI in August 2012.

Interview Details – I had a couple interviews the process took a few weeks. During the process I was asked to do a drug test and background like every job.

Interview Question – What is the the most important quality you will bring to ALDI?   Answer Question

Manager Trainee

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ALDI.

Interview Details – 3 part interview process : application with very short interview ( 5 minutes), they will call you back for another interview if they are interested, followed by a 3rd interview. Drug test and background check ( just be honest, don't try to lie) . Afterwards you are basically in.

Interview Question – Questions themselves aren't as tough as in other places ( do your homework and reasearch : books, youtube videos). Although at times it does seem, as many others have said, it's like being in the middle of a criminal investigation. Just remember not to take it personal and punch through it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations

Mount Vernon, IL

I applied in-person and the process took 2 months - interviewed at ALDI.

Interview Details – Very good real life questions. Be prepared to give examples of what you have accomplished

Interview Question – There were no unexpected questions. If yo do your homework you will be fine. If you think you are going to get the job based on your personality you will fail.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I was currently working and the salary was not enough to quit.

Piscataway, NJ

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ALDI in January 2013.

Interview Details – I saw a posting for job fair for Manager Trainee. There was a line waiting to see two gentlemen. I recommend printing an application from the website prior to attending or you will have to fill it out on the spot. Each candidate was given a minute or two to talk to the representative and told that calls would be made the following week. On Monday, a woman from the home office called to schedule an interview for the following Monday. The two men from the open house were conducting the interviews with two candidates, separately. I was asked to meet with the other man also, which was a good sign. They made a conditional offer and sent me for a drug and background test. I was hired 4 days later.

Interview Question – The questions were typical, mostly related to where you see yourself in a few years and focused on the hard work of the organization.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation.

Very Easy Interview

Waco, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ALDI in November 2012.

Interview Details – My interview went really well and my credentials surpassed those that got offers, I was confused about what went wrong. I think they wrote a good number of the interviewees off and just asked them about the school because it was their first time interviewing at Baylor. A few others agreed that they sounded like they were interviewing about the school, not ourselves. Understandable, I guess, but it felt disrespectful to me.

Interview Question – They typically ask how you would respond to a cashier stealing.   View Answer

Worked for ALDI? Contribute to the Community!