ALDI Manager Trainee Interview Questions

Updated Jun 11, 2015

2.7

Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at ALDI in December 2014.

Interview

I attended a hiring event and although I did know what to expect, I was somewhat disappointed. After completing the application as required, I waited in line to speak to the one and only company representative. I was asked a short series of standard, boiler-plate questions (pretty much the same for every position) and was told if there was interest I would be contacted within 2 weeks. I offered my resume which was accepted but was told the application would be the main document reviewed.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for ALDI

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at ALDI (Buffalo, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

you start by going to an open event, and if you are choosing to proceed to the next level you meet with 2 different managers from two different stores. In if you are luck then you would meet the district manager for that location.

Interview Questions

• Give me example of a time when you went up and beyond your job duties.   Answer Question
    • How do you deal with angry or frustrating customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at ALDI (Houston, TX).

Interview

Lengthy process but company is upfront and honest about the entire thing. Went to 4 separate interviews. The store manager the district manager the director of operations and then back to the district manager.

Interview Questions

• If I were on a magazine cover what magazine would it be and what would be the headline   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not negotiable.

Anonymous Employee in Wilkes-Barre, PA

Application

interviewed at ALDI (Wilkes-Barre, PA) in July 2013.

Interview

Process is three interviews, first one is basically like a job fair and the other two are with a district manager.

Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ALDI.

Interview

3 part interview process : application with very short interview ( 5 minutes), they will call you back for another interview if they are interested, followed by a 3rd interview. Drug test and background check ( just be honest, don't try to lie) . Afterwards you are basically in.

Interview Questions

• Questions themselves aren't as tough as in other places ( do your homework and reasearch : books, youtube videos). Although at times it does seem, as many others have said, it's like being in the middle of a criminal investigation. Just remember not to take it personal and punch through it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations

Anonymous Employee in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ALDI (Syracuse, NY) in February 2013.

Interview

Went to a hiring event on a Thursday at 7:35, 5 minutes after it started. The room was already packed with people sitting down filling out their applications. I would suggest you print your application off online and fill it out before. I went straight to the desk where two district managers were sitting and handed in my application. She asked a few yes or no questions such as "Can you lift 45lbs"? and "do you have a means of getting to work"? and then said expect to receive a phone call within two weeks if we're interested. I got a the following Friday to come in for an interview in a week and a half. The interview was pretty straight forward and I thought it went well, but I think they wanted management experience which coming straight out of college, I do not have.

Interview Questions

• What is your management style?
      Have you ever seen an employee steal? How would you react if you witnessed it?
      How do you motivate yourself?
      How would you motivate your coworkers?
      Name a time when you were managing and your worker did something wrong. How did you solve the problem?
      What would your previous employers say about you?

Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Mount Vernon, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at ALDI (Mount Vernon, IL).

Interview

Very good real life questions. Be prepared to give examples of what you have accomplished

Interview Questions

• There were no unexpected questions. If yo do your homework you will be fine. If you think you are going to get the job based on your personality you will fail.   Answer Question

I was currently working and the salary was not enough to quit.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Piscataway, NJ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ALDI (Piscataway, NJ) in January 2013.

Interview

I saw a posting for job fair for Manager Trainee. There was a line waiting to see two gentlemen. I recommend printing an application from the website prior to attending or you will have to fill it out on the spot. Each candidate was given a minute or two to talk to the representative and told that calls would be made the following week. On Monday, a woman from the home office called to schedule an interview for the following Monday. The two men from the open house were conducting the interviews with two candidates, separately. I was asked to meet with the other man also, which was a good sign. They made a conditional offer and sent me for a drug and background test. I was hired 4 days later.

Interview Questions

• The questions were typical, mostly related to where you see yourself in a few years and focused on the hard work of the organization.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Waco, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ALDI (Waco, TX) in November 2012.

Interview

My interview went really well and my credentials surpassed those that got offers, I was confused about what went wrong. I think they wrote a good number of the interviewees off and just asked them about the school because it was their first time interviewing at Baylor. A few others agreed that they sounded like they were interviewing about the school, not ourselves. Understandable, I guess, but it felt disrespectful to me.

Interview Questions

• They typically ask how you would respond to a cashier stealing.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ALDI (Houston, TX) in August 2012.

Interview

I had a couple interviews the process took a few weeks. During the process I was asked to do a drug test and background like every job.

Interview Questions

• What is the the most important quality you will bring to ALDI?   Answer Question