ALDI Manager Trainee Interview Questions & Reviews

2.7

19 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

The process took 2 months - interviewed at ALDI.

Lengthy process but company is upfront and honest about the entire thing. Went to 4 separate interviews. The store manager the district manager the director of operations and then back to the district manager.

Interview Questions
  • If I were on a magazine cover what magazine would it be and what would be the headline   View Answer
Not negotiable.

Other Interview Reviews for ALDI

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hollywood, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hollywood, FL

I interviewed through other source. The process took 1 week - interviewed at ALDI in November 2010.

You go to a Job fair with Hundreds of people and fill out an Application. They Have up a slide show telling you about the position and company. If intrested in you they will call you very quickly for a face to face with the 2 DM's. If she like you then you will have a face to face with the Director and DM's. The Director will make the final deceision on hireing you.

Interview Questions
    • The first set of questions will be about your experiences in the work place. The next questions will be about how you handles certain problems at your current or last job. For example, How would you handle two employees arguing on the sales floor?   Answer Question
    The company has a flat rate for Manager in training position. Its $20 per hour.

Anonymous Employee  in  Wilkes-Barre, PA
    Anonymous Employee in Wilkes-Barre, PA

interviewed at ALDI in July 2013.

Process is three interviews, first one is basically like a job fair and the other two are with a district manager.

Manager Trainee Interview

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at ALDI in March 2010.

Filled out app, got a call later that day for interview next day. They were pretty straight forward about their expectations and duties expected of the job, which was cool.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected, just Normal questions you would expect from any interview.   Answer Question
    None

Anonymous Employee  in  Syracuse, NY
    Anonymous Employee in Syracuse, NY

I interviewed in-person. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ALDI in February 2013.

Went to a hiring event on a Thursday at 7:35, 5 minutes after it started. The room was already packed with people sitting down filling out their applications. I would suggest you print your application off online and fill it out before. I went straight to the desk where two district managers were sitting and handed in my application. She asked a few yes or no questions such as "Can you lift 45lbs"? and "do you have a means of getting to work"? and then said expect to receive a phone call within two weeks if we're interested. I got a the following Friday to come in for an interview in a week and a half. The interview was pretty straight forward and I thought it went well, but I think they wanted management experience which coming straight out of college, I do not have.

Interview Questions
    • What is your management style?
      Have you ever seen an employee steal? How would you react if you witnessed it?
      How do you motivate yourself?
      How would you motivate your coworkers?
      Name a time when you were managing and your worker did something wrong. How did you solve the problem?
      What would your previous employers say about you?
        Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ALDI in August 2012.

I had a couple interviews the process took a few weeks. During the process I was asked to do a drug test and background like every job.

Interview Questions
    • What is the the most important quality you will bring to ALDI?   Answer Question

Manager Trainee Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ALDI.

3 part interview process : application with very short interview ( 5 minutes), they will call you back for another interview if they are interested, followed by a 3rd interview. Drug test and background check ( just be honest, don't try to lie) . Afterwards you are basically in.

Interview Questions
    • Questions themselves aren't as tough as in other places ( do your homework and reasearch : books, youtube videos). Although at times it does seem, as many others have said, it's like being in the middle of a criminal investigation. Just remember not to take it personal and punch through it.   Answer Question
    No negotiations

Anonymous Employee  in  Mount Vernon, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Mount Vernon, IL

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 months - interviewed at ALDI.

Very good real life questions. Be prepared to give examples of what you have accomplished

Interview Questions
    • There were no unexpected questions. If yo do your homework you will be fine. If you think you are going to get the job based on your personality you will fail.   Answer Question

I was currently working and the salary was not enough to quit.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Piscataway, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Piscataway, NJ

I interviewed through other source. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ALDI in January 2013.

I saw a posting for job fair for Manager Trainee. There was a line waiting to see two gentlemen. I recommend printing an application from the website prior to attending or you will have to fill it out on the spot. Each candidate was given a minute or two to talk to the representative and told that calls would be made the following week. On Monday, a woman from the home office called to schedule an interview for the following Monday. The two men from the open house were conducting the interviews with two candidates, separately. I was asked to meet with the other man also, which was a good sign. They made a conditional offer and sent me for a drug and background test. I was hired 4 days later.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were typical, mostly related to where you see yourself in a few years and focused on the hard work of the organization.   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation.

Anonymous Employee  in  Waco, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Waco, TX

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ALDI in November 2012.

My interview went really well and my credentials surpassed those that got offers, I was confused about what went wrong. I think they wrote a good number of the interviewees off and just asked them about the school because it was their first time interviewing at Baylor. A few others agreed that they sounded like they were interviewing about the school, not ourselves. Understandable, I guess, but it felt disrespectful to me.

Interview Questions
    • They typically ask how you would respond to a cashier stealing.   View Answer

Worked for ALDI? Contribute to the Community!