ALDI Manager Trainee Interview Questions

Updated Aug 21, 2015

2.6

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ALDI (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in August 2015.

Interview

I took my application and resume to hiring event at a hotel on a Saturday. I was told if they were interested I would receive a call within the next week. I was called the following Monday for an interview with two District managers. I met with the two them who informed me that if they were interested that I will receive a call by the end of the week. I was called back for a second interview the next day. and now I am waiting on a call back.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for ALDI

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ALDI (Columbus, OH) in June 2015.

Interview

Honestly, for such a well respected company the interview process was neither informative, nor effective. You basically show up for a cattle call with 100s of people and get interviewed for about 90 seconds. Especially when applying for any kind of supervisory position, this weeding out process seems woefully inadequate. I prepared a resume and cover letter specific to Aldi that the interviewing manager wouldn't take. He said, "we use the application." Well, thanks. You definitely got the "don't call us, we'll call you" feeling from the process. Qualified, interested, and took the time to prepare and dressed the part, but it was not necessary because the interviewing managers were clearly just going through the motions to get through the lines of people. I think a more effective solution would be to have separate lines or stations depending on the position you are applying for. Yes, everyone pitches in to get the job done at Aldi, but clearly there are some defined roles that are different. Asking the same basic questions of a cashier applicant as a management applicant seems, at best, inadequate. I would certainly want to know more from an applicant who desires to run a store or get into district/area management, than someone looking for a part-time job at a good starting hourly rate. Had much higher expectations.

Interview Questions

• The manager trainee needs to be available during any and all hours of operation. Would you be able to commit to this schedule, even if it were different from week to week.   1 Answer

Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ALDI in December 2014.

Interview

I attended a hiring event and although I did know what to expect, I was somewhat disappointed. After completing the application as required, I waited in line to speak to the one and only company representative. I was asked a short series of standard, boiler-plate questions (pretty much the same for every position) and was told if there was interest I would be contacted within 2 weeks. I offered my resume which was accepted but was told the application would be the main document reviewed.

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at ALDI (Buffalo, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

you start by going to an open event, and if you are choosing to proceed to the next level you meet with 2 different managers from two different stores. In if you are luck then you would meet the district manager for that location.

Interview Questions

• Give me example of a time when you went up and beyond your job duties.   Answer Question
    • How do you deal with angry or frustrating customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ALDI (Houston, TX).

Interview

Lengthy process but company is upfront and honest about the entire thing. Went to 4 separate interviews. The store manager the district manager the director of operations and then back to the district manager.

Interview Questions

• If I were on a magazine cover what magazine would it be and what would be the headline   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not negotiable.

Anonymous Employee in Wilkes-Barre, PA

Application

I interviewed at ALDI (Wilkes-Barre, PA) in July 2013.

Interview

Process is three interviews, first one is basically like a job fair and the other two are with a district manager.

Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ALDI.

Interview

3 part interview process : application with very short interview ( 5 minutes), they will call you back for another interview if they are interested, followed by a 3rd interview. Drug test and background check ( just be honest, don't try to lie) . Afterwards you are basically in.

Interview Questions

• Questions themselves aren't as tough as in other places ( do your homework and reasearch : books, youtube videos). Although at times it does seem, as many others have said, it's like being in the middle of a criminal investigation. Just remember not to take it personal and punch through it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations

Anonymous Employee in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ALDI (Syracuse, NY) in February 2013.

Interview

Went to a hiring event on a Thursday at 7:35, 5 minutes after it started. The room was already packed with people sitting down filling out their applications. I would suggest you print your application off online and fill it out before. I went straight to the desk where two district managers were sitting and handed in my application. She asked a few yes or no questions such as "Can you lift 45lbs"? and "do you have a means of getting to work"? and then said expect to receive a phone call within two weeks if we're interested. I got a the following Friday to come in for an interview in a week and a half. The interview was pretty straight forward and I thought it went well, but I think they wanted management experience which coming straight out of college, I do not have.

Interview Questions

• What is your management style? Have you ever seen an employee steal? How would you react if you witnessed it? How do you motivate yourself? How would you motivate your coworkers? Name a time when you were managing and your worker did something wrong. How did you solve the problem? What would your previous employers say about you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Mount Vernon, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ALDI (Mount Vernon, IL).

Interview

Very good real life questions. Be prepared to give examples of what you have accomplished

Interview Questions

• There were no unexpected questions. If yo do your homework you will be fine. If you think you are going to get the job based on your personality you will fail.   Answer Question

I was currently working and the salary was not enough to quit.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Piscataway, NJ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ALDI (Piscataway, NJ) in January 2013.

Interview

I saw a posting for job fair for Manager Trainee. There was a line waiting to see two gentlemen. I recommend printing an application from the website prior to attending or you will have to fill it out on the spot. Each candidate was given a minute or two to talk to the representative and told that calls would be made the following week. On Monday, a woman from the home office called to schedule an interview for the following Monday. The two men from the open house were conducting the interviews with two candidates, separately. I was asked to meet with the other man also, which was a good sign. They made a conditional offer and sent me for a drug and background test. I was hired 4 days later.

Interview Questions

• The questions were typical, mostly related to where you see yourself in a few years and focused on the hard work of the organization.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiation.