ALDI Shift Manager Interview Questions & Reviews

10 interviews

2.8

10 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Shift Manager Interview

Went to a job fair that was help 6am...the manager just took the resume and said thank you but based on my experience as an Aldi manager I would recommend that anyone that is interested always dress business ready. That first impression is what Aldi DMs go for...anyway...if you are called back for an interview...the first interview is a group interview....after the group interview if you are lucky you will be called back for another one in which you meet with store manager and dm.

Other Interview Reviews for ALDI

Shift Manager Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ALDI in March 2013.

I was contacted by an outside recruiting agency. after a group interview with the recruiter i got sent to 3 interviews with district managers and the area director.

cashier rate with a $4 increase when a manager

Anonymous Employee  in  Lowell, IN
    Anonymous Employee in Lowell, IN

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ALDI in August 2012.

Very long process. I had 3 interviews in all and even after I went through the 3rd interview I was told I was conditional hired but, they still needed to run my background and call my refrences!

Interview Questions
    • If you could change one thing that you did at your previous job what would it be?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  Hyattsville, MD
    Anonymous Employee in Hyattsville, MD

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at ALDI in February 2009.

very quickly

Shift Manager Interview

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at ALDI.

Hiring for store employees (cashiers ) is done by the District Managers and higher levels (management) also get to deal with the Director of Operations (at minimum), The interviewers will be highly friendly, almost as if they are your best friend. Grasp at this, and run with it! The key to the first interview is honestly (and also a confident and friendly attitude!) You will get questions like: "what are your strengths and weaknesses", "what are your pet peeves", "have you ever used drugs", "how long do you plan on staying with the company", "what would you do if you saw an employee stealing", "what would you do if there was a spill while you have a customer," and so on.

Anonymous Employee  in  Lawrence, KS
    Anonymous Employee in Lawrence, KS

The process took a day - interviewed at ALDI in January 2011.

Ad in local paper said to apply in person the following Friday from 3-8PM. I arrived at 3, was told to fill out an application, and get in line. This is a grocery store, it is busy Friday afternoons. There was a single line, there were 75-80 people in front of me, it went half way around the store, we were trying to stay out of the way of the customers. What was management thinking? Such an inconvenience to the customers, much less potential employees. I have worked in grocery for 20 years, after waiting in line for half an hour took my resume and application and left. What was management thinking?

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbia, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at ALDI in February 2009.

I applied at a job hiring fair with about 300 other people. Everyone applies because the starting pay is fantastic and the benefits are practically free and the best in the business. I have never ever found any benefits that are better. I pretty much gave up on getting hired, especially since I was over qualified. However, three months later I got a call from the store manager asking me to come by for an interview. Once I showed up for the interview it was crazy. The first interview I just had to follow the manager. As I found out later, if I was able to keep up with him I was allowed to come back for the second interview. At the second interview I spoke to the district and regional directors and was hired the next day. Pretty straight forward. Most people do not get called. If you do its because they need people, which is usually once per year. And its best if you have a background in the restaurant biz.....not grocery. They want to be able to mold you themselves.

Shift Manager Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at ALDI in July 2009.

I'm just graduating college, and was seeking some retail experience. I applied in-store. The store manager seemed like he didn't have time for me, which was a little strange. He handed me a paper application and told me to get it back to him by a certain time the next day. I showed up right on time--he asked a few general questions and told me that the company would get back to me if they were interested.

I interviewed with the district manager (DM) about two weeks later. The whole process was direct and to-the-point, which I liked. Following a second interview, which consisted of managerial situation-based questions, ("how would respond if an employee failed to_____" etc.) I was offered the position of shift manager. The whole process was fairly painless and quite direct.

Interview Questions
    • What did you like/dislike about your previous employer/boss/manager   View Answer

I am a very hard worker, but the overall company culture seemed too cold and unforgiving.

Shift Manager Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at ALDI in March 2012.

Attended a hiring event where I blew the competition out of the water for the position by preparing a resume, cover letter and dressing in a shirt and tie (The only one of 100 people in attendance to do so; highly recommend it). Received a phone call within a few days from the District Manager and scheduled a 1:1 interview with her. After some simple, behavioral questions, proceeded to interview with the store manager I was to work with (with more of the same, easy questions) before ultimately submitting a drug test and a background check. After the results came in, I had a panel interview with some DM's and the regional VP where I had a moderately difficult 35 min interview. After a few days, I received the offer and accepted.

Interview Questions
    • Give an instance where you were able to settle a dispute between coworkers.   Answer Question
    • What job specific skills do you bring to the table?   Answer Question

Shift Manager Interview

I interviewed through other source. The process took 4 days - interviewed at ALDI in January 2011.

Responded in person to an ad seeking to fill two positions, Shift Manager and Cashier. Stood in line that wrapped around inside the store while filling out the application. Knew I'd get a call back because I was one of the few people dressed to look for a job in the line. Initial contact at the front of the line consisted of an initial screening, "are you available anytime" "can you lift x" and, interestingly, how long were you in line. Called in to interview with the DM, one on one in the break area. More conversation than interview. Came across as over qualified and ambitious which sank me, I think.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years.   Answer Question
    • Do you have any questions for me? Are you sure that's all you want to ask me?   Answer Question

Worked for ALDI? Contribute to the Community!