ALDI

2.5

22 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tully, NY
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tully, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at ALDI in October 2014.

Dropped off an application at store and was called by district manager for an interview. After the interview I made contact a few times by dropping a letter at the store saying thank you and reminding him that I continue to be interested. Called for a second interview a month later. Both interviews asked me to talk about my previous work experience and several "tell me about a time..." type questions. The first seemed to be focused on job skills and the second on leadership ability.

Interview Questions
  • How would your current supervisor describe you and what would he say is the area you are most challenged in?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for ALDI

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Webberville, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Webberville, MI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at ALDI in September 2014.

Contacted by a recruiter in September 2014; they asked me about my previous experience and if I would consider taking over a store for ALDI. Told me training lasted 9-18 months (depending on the person), during training I would make $22 per hour and after that the salary range was $60,000-$75,000 per year plus bonuses. Gave me guidelines on what to wear/not wear (this was entertaining to say the least). No big hoops, no funky nail polish, no excessive make-up, no wild hair style, no super bright colors or intense designs, not a ton of jewelry ect. Basically, best choice would be to dress very conservative--think banker.
    I had my first interview a few weeks later with the Director of Operations in Webberville, MI. I had been informed interviews last approximately 30 mins, I was there for 1.5 hours, but I did have a lot of questions.
    The director never asked me about strengths/weaknesses or random I.Q. type questions (research online lead me to believe these were standard questions used); instead, the questions were along the lines of "How do I handle difficult situations-give examples" "What duties do I perform in my current position" "Why do I want to leave my current position" "Why have I not yet been promoted to a Store Manager" (at the time I was an Assistant Store Manager and have held a few different positions with this title) "Do the job duties at ALDI sound like something I would be interested in" "What was my lowest/highest rated area in my previous annual review" "What do I like best about my current position" "What is my managerial/leadership style"
    I was told to bring my application to the interview, which the Director never did ask for, but I turned it in at the end anyway. I was then asked when I would be able to meet with a District Manager and Store Manager (the first interview was on a Thursday...next interview was set up for the following Monday).
    That Monday I showed up at the store, which was really busy, and I didn't spend more than 5 mins with the Store Manager. Met with the Director of Operations again, as well as a District Manager. Interview was with them both simultaneously (this was a little nerve racking), but the questions were pretty much the same as my first interview and I was just asked to re-tell answers that I had given previously so that the District Manager could hear my responses.
    After this second interview, I was contacted within a week asking me to meet with another District Manager in order to fill out my background check, previous residence information and to get my drug screening paperwork. This meeting involved paperwork and I was asked for what size shirts I wear so they could order mine--pretty good inclination I was definitely hired. The District Manager told me I could either put in my two week notice that day or I could wait for my background check/drug screen to come through (no pressure with this option whatsoever).
    Due to the fact that I have a criminal record (a few misdemeanors and two felonies--all more than 7 years ago) I was worried that I would not pass, but while filling out the background check I was instructed to just be honest because the company is huge on honesty! I wrote every little thing down that I had ever been arrested/charged with, leaving out no detail because I didn't want to lose the opportunity.
    Background check finally came through almost two weeks later and I was instructed to put in my two week notice that day.
    My start date was about six weeks after my initial interview; 8-10 weeks from the date I was contacted by the recruiter.

Interview Questions
    • No question was difficult or unexpected--pretty straight forward.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. The offer made was final and it was either accept or decline.

Store Manager Trainee Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at ALDI in August 2014.

He talked sooooooo fast asking questions that you felt like you had to respond back talking fast as well or he just wasn't interested. It was weird. To me it felt like he was intimidated by me and felt threatened that I potentially wanted to take his job. Just felt like a very odd interview to me. Was not very professional in my opinion.

Interview Questions
    • He just asked to explain the very first job to your current job and asked questions in between.   Answer Question

Store Manager Trainee Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at ALDI in August 2014.

Process took a month and that was for two parts of the four part interview process. They seem to string a candidate along. This company probably loses countless prospects because they drag their feet. If you have limited retail experience you will not be considered. A giant waste of your time because they seem unwilling to train and really believe that managing an ALDI location is difficult.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at ALDI.

I attended a store hiring event, was called about two weeks later for an over the phone interview and was asked at the end of the call for a face to face interview a week or two later. Face to face interview with a District Manager lasted about 45 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • would you be willing to take an offer of a lower position if the position of store manager trainee was not offered to you?   View Answer

Store Manager Trainee Interview

I applied online – interviewed at ALDI.

Odd company policies. Very short interview for me. I was told they defined full time as more than 20 hours, and hitting 34 at peak. I said thanks for your time, but no thank you. Seems like it would be a great company for college students or as a secondary income for a family.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ALDI.

I went to the hiring event had 4 interviews. Basic interview questions they really are trying to figure out if you are ready to work for them because it is labor intense. was gave an offer pending my background and drug test.

Interview Questions
    • How is your present job like aldi and how is it different.   Answer Question
    no negotiation,

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Syracuse, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Syracuse, NY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at ALDI in April 2014.

Aldi had a hiring event at Destiny USA. I went expecting to be interviewed. I also expected lots of others. Both were true. We all stood in a line and one by one proceeded up to an open counter and handed in resume/ application. There were several questions asked but nothing but general questions. Lots of folks didn't even bring a resume.

Interview Questions
    • Are you available full time or part time?   View Answer

Store Manager Trainee Interview

Was recruited by a DM. He told me to go visit a couple of stores and get back with him to set up a formal interview. And if that 1st interview goes well he would pass me onto the Director of my area. O I think normally it would be a 3 stage interview process but if you are being recruited it will be a 2 stage interview process. If you are not being recruited you have to attend one of their job fairs that the advertise in the paper and on Craigslist.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawrence, KS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawrence, KS

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at ALDI in January 2014.

Was called by a recruiter and they set up an interview very quickly(within a few days) with the District Manager.

Interview Questions
    • When was the last time you experimented with drugs?   View Answer