ALDI Store Manager Trainee Interview Questions

Updated Jun 24, 2015

2.6

Anonymous Employee in Florissant, MO

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at ALDI (Florissant, MO) in June 2015.

Interview

Did a meet and greet through job fair. Was called for 1st interview on 6/11/15 @10am at the Florissant store. I believed the interview went well until I didn't receive a call for 2nd interview. That is when I realized my mistake. I interviewed with one of the District Managers and towards the end I told him that I wanted his job. I want to apologize to this gentleman, I didn't mean this to be threatening or disrespectful. I only meant that I wanted a future and to eventually move up to District Manager and I was willing to start as a part-time associate. I learned a very good but hard lesson, choose your words carefully.

Interview Questions

• What do I do in my current job that would help at Aldi's?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for ALDI

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ALDI (Miami, FL) in April 2015.

Interview

I dropped my app + resume to several stores.I was called for an interview about a week later.I first interviewed with a district manager at a store for about 30 minutes.We discussed my experience in retail and my management style.I was called the next day and was scheduled to do a second interview with a store manager about a week later.This interview was basically a store walk starting from the front entrance of the store through the entire store including the freezer and coolers and ended in the receiving area.This was about another 30 minute process.The manager walked trough the daily routines and company expectations.This was basically to give me insight on the job I was applying for.At the end of the walk/interview I was asked if it was something I was interested in doing.I was called 2 days later to set up an interview with the director of store operations.I attended that interview 4 days later at the regional corporate office.They made me feel welcomed,I was a brand new facility.The director started out by giving me a run down on how the the interview will go,She stressed that honesty is the most important thing and if I was found to be dishonest about anything I will not be considered .She also said the interview will be about 30 minutes,I felt rushed at first because this was the final step and there is no way I could articulate my 20 years of experience in that short time.Well 30 minutes turned into two hours,She actually became very interested in what I had to say and started ingadging me in conversation and my retail experience.By this time she had called in a another director to sit in on the process.The interview lasted another 20 minutes after that at which they excused themselves from the room.They were gone for about 5 minutes,they came back in and offered me the job pending drug and background check.That process took one week.

Interview Questions

• 1.Have you use drugs,will you pass a drug test?
      2.Have you ever had to term an employee?

Answer Question

Store Manager Trainee Interview

Application

The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at ALDI.

Interview

Went to a advertised job fair and was told only taking applications someone will call next week. Job fair to me is interview on the spot. Was called 2 weeks later was told need 2nd interview and that took another 2 weeks. Now say third interview next week then a fourth at corporate office. Have many years experience and they speak to you like your 16.

Interview Questions

• what would you tell a first grader your job as a Aldi store manager is.   1 Answer

Store Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at ALDI in April 2015.

Interview

Interview was very easy with simple questions needing a smart answer, went to store tour following day they seem very happy with me. Shocking news i was not hire don't even know why.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about aldi?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Webberville, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at ALDI (Webberville, MI) in September 2014.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter in September 2014; they asked me about my previous experience and if I would consider taking over a store for ALDI. Told me training lasted 9-18 months (depending on the person), during training I would make $22 per hour and after that the salary range was $60,000-$75,000 per year plus bonuses. Gave me guidelines on what to wear/not wear (this was entertaining to say the least). No big hoops, no funky nail polish, no excessive make-up, no wild hair style, no super bright colors or intense designs, not a ton of jewelry ect. Basically, best choice would be to dress very conservative--think banker.
    I had my first interview a few weeks later with the Director of Operations in Webberville, MI. I had been informed interviews last approximately 30 mins, I was there for 1.5 hours, but I did have a lot of questions.
    The director never asked me about strengths/weaknesses or random I.Q. type questions (research online lead me to believe these were standard questions used); instead, the questions were along the lines of "How do I handle difficult situations-give examples" "What duties do I perform in my current position" "Why do I want to leave my current position" "Why have I not yet been promoted to a Store Manager" (at the time I was an Assistant Store Manager and have held a few different positions with this title) "Do the job duties at ALDI sound like something I would be interested in" "What was my lowest/highest rated area in my previous annual review" "What do I like best about my current position" "What is my managerial/leadership style"
    I was told to bring my application to the interview, which the Director never did ask for, but I turned it in at the end anyway. I was then asked when I would be able to meet with a District Manager and Store Manager (the first interview was on a Thursday...next interview was set up for the following Monday).
    That Monday I showed up at the store, which was really busy, and I didn't spend more than 5 mins with the Store Manager. Met with the Director of Operations again, as well as a District Manager. Interview was with them both simultaneously (this was a little nerve racking), but the questions were pretty much the same as my first interview and I was just asked to re-tell answers that I had given previously so that the District Manager could hear my responses.
    After this second interview, I was contacted within a week asking me to meet with another District Manager in order to fill out my background check, previous residence information and to get my drug screening paperwork. This meeting involved paperwork and I was asked for what size shirts I wear so they could order mine--pretty good inclination I was definitely hired. The District Manager told me I could either put in my two week notice that day or I could wait for my background check/drug screen to come through (no pressure with this option whatsoever).
    Due to the fact that I have a criminal record (a few misdemeanors and two felonies--all more than 7 years ago) I was worried that I would not pass, but while filling out the background check I was instructed to just be honest because the company is huge on honesty! I wrote every little thing down that I had ever been arrested/charged with, leaving out no detail because I didn't want to lose the opportunity.
    Background check finally came through almost two weeks later and I was instructed to put in my two week notice that day.
    My start date was about six weeks after my initial interview; 8-10 weeks from the date I was contacted by the recruiter.

Interview Questions

• No question was difficult or unexpected--pretty straight forward.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. The offer made was final and it was either accept or decline.

Anonymous Employee in Tully, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at ALDI (Tully, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

Dropped off an application at store and was called by district manager for an interview. After the interview I made contact a few times by dropping a letter at the store saying thank you and reminding him that I continue to be interested. Called for a second interview a month later. Both interviews asked me to talk about my previous work experience and several "tell me about a time..." type questions. The first seemed to be focused on job skills and the second on leadership ability.

Interview Questions

• How would your current supervisor describe you and what would he say is the area you are most challenged in?   Answer Question

Store Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at ALDI in August 2014.

Interview

He talked sooooooo fast asking questions that you felt like you had to respond back talking fast as well or he just wasn't interested. It was weird. To me it felt like he was intimidated by me and felt threatened that I potentially wanted to take his job. Just felt like a very odd interview to me. Was not very professional in my opinion.

Interview Questions

• He just asked to explain the very first job to your current job and asked questions in between.   Answer Question

Store Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at ALDI in August 2014.

Interview

Process took a month and that was for two parts of the four part interview process. They seem to string a candidate along. This company probably loses countless prospects because they drag their feet. If you have limited retail experience you will not be considered. A giant waste of your time because they seem unwilling to train and really believe that managing an ALDI location is difficult.

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at ALDI (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

I attended a store hiring event, was called about two weeks later for an over the phone interview and was asked at the end of the call for a face to face interview a week or two later. Face to face interview with a District Manager lasted about 45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• would you be willing to take an offer of a lower position if the position of store manager trainee was not offered to you?   1 Answer

Store Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at ALDI.

Interview

Odd company policies. Very short interview for me. I was told they defined full time as more than 20 hours, and hitting 34 at peak. I said thanks for your time, but no thank you. Seems like it would be a great company for college students or as a secondary income for a family.