ALK Technologies Interview Questions in Trenton, NJ

2.0

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ALK Technologies in July 2013.

Brief over the phone interview, brought in for test then in-person interview. Coding test is simple C++

Interview Questions
    • Question about using linked lists to implement a train tracker   Answer Question

Programmer/Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at ALK Technologies.

I interviewed for a C++ developer role. The process was very straightforward. After a brief chat with the HR person, you are invited in to take a short written programming test (about an hour or less depending on how quickly you finish) testing your basic understanding of the language and simple data strucutres. If you do well on the exam, you are invited back for a few interviews with technical staff. We mainly discussed my background and a couple of simple problems I might be faced with on the job and how I would solve them.

Interview Questions
    • The written exam was pretty easy. One question was to find and fix all the errors in some code, and another was to implement a linked list.   Answer Question
    I didn't bother negotiating as I thought the salary was fair for entry level.

Marketing Events Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at ALK Technologies in July 2012.

Sent my resume and a detailed cover letter directly to ALK's HR Manager. The next day I received an e-mail to schedule an initial phone interview. A day or two later, I spoke with the HR Manager. He asked the usual, basic questions ("Describe what you did in your previous role at..."), and then ended the conversation, asking about my salary history and expectations. When I asked about the next step in the hiring process, I was told I would be contacted shortly to come in for a face-to-face meeting. Sent the standard post-interview thank you. A week, and then two went by with no further communication despite the HR Manager specifically stating he would contact me to schedule a day/time for me to come in. Sent multiple follow-up e-mails every few weeks, and left him a few voice-mails (never, not-once answers his phone line). Never heard back. It seems a lot of individuals posting on this site have had similar awful, unprofessional experiences.

GIS Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ALK Technologies in June 2012.

They start off with a phone interview and ask about you and your past experience for the position. Then you move on to an in person interview with the GIS manager and one of his team leads. They really just ask about your past projects and future plans with the company.

Interview Questions
    There is a base salary with no negotiations available

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at ALK Technologies in February 2010.

Unprofessional recruiting experience.

I applied via e-mail per their website and the the HR rep contacted me thanking for my resume submission and that he would like to schedule some time to review my resume. I replied shortly thereafter with a list of times and my contact number.

Never heard back. I sent a follow on note with revised times and I still not even the courtesy of a response..