ALM

Relevance Date Difficulty

Editorial Interview

Editorial

Interviewed at ALM

Interview Details – Interview was a long time ago, I don't remember it fully. But the company was under different management then, so it's not really relevant to the current situation. Back then, I had the impression that it wasn't a perfect place to work but it might be a good place to start. If I had to do it all over again, I wouldn't. I had no idea things would get this bad.

Interview Question – I was asked why I left my previous job. Also what type of people I liked to work with. Nothing too crazy.   Answer Question

Product Intern Interview

Product Intern

I applied through college or university - interviewed at ALM in September 2013.

Interview Details – I was applying through the career center of our school and had an onsite interview with a senior director. The interview was about 20 minutes. First, I was asked to introduce myself. And then answer several questions about my resume. The interviewer also asked me why I would like to work at ALM.

Interview Questions

• Of all the project you did, which one do you dislike and why?   Answer Question
  • Since you have a smart phone, what apps would you use daily? What's your likes and dislikes of a certain app?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Sales
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ALM in March 2012.

Interview Details – Contacted by a recruiter via phone. They did an initial screening. Follow up with HR via phone and given job expectations and a detailed job overview. 1st interview via phone with hiring manager. Follow up 2nd interview in person. Met HR, hiring manager and VP. 3rd interview with hiring manager and product specialist for mock sales pitch. Email and then phone conversation with hiring manager to communicate offer.

Interview Question – Do you know our main competitors? How would you overcome and sell despite not being the industry leader?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Negotiated salary

Anonymous Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ALM.

Interview Details – email to schedule the on site interview; the questions were mostly about the experience. It seemed they really need someone to start as soon as possible and they gave me the offer within a week; however, due to some schedule issues, I was not able to response in the first place. They immediately cancel the job without any notification. That sucked.

Interview Question – regular questions   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ALM.

Interview Details – Initial phone interview was easy, a few questions about your resume and qualifications. If you maintain that you are a closer and can back it up with some proof on your resume they will bring you in for an in person interview with an HR person and a manager for the group you would work in. The two round interview took about one hour and there were a lot of standard interview questions. There was also a personality/skills test to take online.

Asking tough questions about employee turnover, average commissions earned and average sales statistics will give you an idea if this is the job for you pretty quickly.

Interview Question – There was a personality screening that had a bunch of odd questions. If you give off the vibe that you will make 100 cold calls a day to win business you will get a call back.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – There are better jobs out there with better outlook. Pay was OK. High turnover rate.

IT Interview

IT
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ALM in March 2009.

Interview Details – Meet with quite a few people. Most seemed to be too busy to really get into any kind of meaningful conversation - checking email / taking phone calls. Office seemed to be pretty well organized. Apart from the bad interview techniques most people seemed to be really nice.

Interview Question – Scenario based issue resolution type questions.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Editor Interview

Editor

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at ALM in June 2008.

Interview Details – Asked experience questions. Was a comfortable environment. was very relaxes.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Quick and easy.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for ALM? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at ALM interview questions and advice. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by ALM employees and interview candidates.