ALM Interview Questions

Updated Jul 25, 2014
Updated Jul 25, 2014

2.0

Marketing Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at ALM.

The interview process was very easy. HR was very timely, never left me waiting. Questions were as expected (what's your greatest strength, weakness, name a time you faced a work challenge and how did you work through it etc.). I heard back right away after my interview via a phone call from the hiring manager which I thought added a nice personal touch.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked a few metric-related questions when I spoke of my success at my previous job. I would say as a marketer, to come prepared to an interview with a few key metrics in the back of your head.   Answer Question

Editorial Interview

Interview was a long time ago, I don't remember it fully. But the company was under different management then, so it's not really relevant to the current situation. Back then, I had the impression that it wasn't a perfect place to work but it might be a good place to start. If I had to do it all over again, I wouldn't. I had no idea things would get this bad.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked why I left my previous job. Also what type of people I liked to work with. Nothing too crazy.   Answer Question

Product Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at ALM in September 2013.

I was applying through the career center of our school and had an onsite interview with a senior director. The interview was about 20 minutes. First, I was asked to introduce myself. And then answer several questions about my resume. The interviewer also asked me why I would like to work at ALM.

Interview Questions
    • Of all the project you did, which one do you dislike and why?   Answer Question
    • Since you have a smart phone, what apps would you use daily? What's your likes and dislikes of a certain app?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at ALM.

Initial phone interview was easy, a few questions about your resume and qualifications. If you maintain that you are a closer and can back it up with some proof on your resume they will bring you in for an in person interview with an HR person and a manager for the group you would work in. The two round interview took about one hour and there were a lot of standard interview questions. There was also a personality/skills test to take online.

Asking tough questions about employee turnover, average commissions earned and average sales statistics will give you an idea if this is the job for you pretty quickly.

Interview Questions
    • There was a personality screening that had a bunch of odd questions. If you give off the vibe that you will make 100 cold calls a day to win business you will get a call back.   Answer Question

There are better jobs out there with better outlook. Pay was OK. High turnover rate.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at ALM in March 2012.

Contacted by a recruiter via phone. They did an initial screening. Follow up with HR via phone and given job expectations and a detailed job overview. 1st interview via phone with hiring manager. Follow up 2nd interview in person. Met HR, hiring manager and VP. 3rd interview with hiring manager and product specialist for mock sales pitch. Email and then phone conversation with hiring manager to communicate offer.

Interview Questions
    • Do you know our main competitors? How would you overcome and sell despite not being the industry leader?   View Answer
    Negotiated salary

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ALM in March 2009.

Meet with quite a few people. Most seemed to be too busy to really get into any kind of meaningful conversation - checking email / taking phone calls. Office seemed to be pretty well organized. Apart from the bad interview techniques most people seemed to be really nice.

Editor Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at ALM in June 2008.

Asked experience questions. Was a comfortable environment. was very relaxes.

Quick and easy.