ALSTOM India Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Jul 28, 2014
18 interviews

3.1

IT Engineer Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ALSTOM India.

2 Phone calls from HR, 3 interviews interviewed with HR and department manager. Received no call back, inquired myself and said that I did not receive the job. and a letter.

Commissioning Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hamīrpur, Himachal Pradesh (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hamīrpur, Himachal Pradesh (India)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at ALSTOM India in March 2011.

On campus recruitment. Quite Simple

Fixed package offer

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at ALSTOM India in May 2009.

If you are a fresh engineering graduate, its unlikely that your CV will be considered through referrals as Alstom India primarily hires freshers through Campus.

For engineers with experience, the best way to ensure that your profile is screened is through Placement Consultants or referrals of employees working with Alstom. Typically, there is a 1st round of technical interview (telephonic or face to face). Clearing this round will take you to the next level of interview which will be done by the technical / functional / department head. Provided you clear both, you will then need to face a HR (in depth) interview.

The turn around time from the first contact till the offer may vary in the type of position. For team member requirements (2-6 yrs experience), it may be fast and 15 days should be what you can expect on an average. For senior positions, it may go up to 30 days since they will normally need to go through additional rounds of interview.

For support functions (HR, Quality, Sourcing, Finance, etc) - there is no specific turn around time. It may be quick or can be delayed depending on the position and te urgency of the need.

For me, the time it took for decision making was apt! 2 levels of Interview and I had the verdict!

The offer was competitive, so did not negotiate.

Lead Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New Delhi (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took a day - interviewed at ALSTOM India.

It was a HR cum Technical interview, HR asked standard questions for 20 minutes, then a technical round with two senior engineers of the Electrical department followed by a final interview by business director

Quite normal, salary was not negotiable as I was coming from a Govt. organization where CTC concept was not applicable

Intern Interview

firstly there will be gd about 10 people will sit in gd that person will be selected who speaks reasonable points and show some leadership qualities and who dos not get exited while gd
    then the person selected will enter interview round

Senior Engineer Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at ALSTOM India.

First they will call for telephonic interview, then will have a couple of technical rounds. then HR interview.

Interview Questions
    I didnt negotiated, Perhaps every one should.

Group Head Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Vadodara (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vadodara (India)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at ALSTOM India in November 2009.

Asked by friend to post resume.
    Called for Interview, which lasted for less than an hour.
    Was asked to join immediately, which I declined owing to commitments with previous employer.
    Joined after almost 2 months from interview.

Lead Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 days - interviewed at ALSTOM India in January 2011.

Two rounds of llowed by one round of HR and a discussion with Director

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Delhi (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delhi (India)

I interviewed through other source. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at ALSTOM India.

Walk-in and well interviewed by the APIL team. Well formatted questions, unncessary questions are generally avoided. Selection panel is generally good

Interview Questions
    There is a slight room for negotiation. It depends on how important that position is and how well you market yourself.

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at ALSTOM India in September 2012.

3 parts- power, grid, transport. grid profile not open. 3 rounds:
    1) written - online, 60 min, 60 questions - 30 tech + 30 aptitude
    2) gd - basic topics, eliminative
    3) interview - pure tech. focus on knowledge and presentation

Interview Questions
    • which is your weakest area in electrical? how will you use it to your strength?   View Answer

Worked for ALSTOM India? Contribute to the Community!