ALSTOM Interview Questions

Updated Jul 14, 2015

2.5

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleroi, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at ALSTOM (Charleroi, PA).

Interview

Negotiation

Ask 20% and accept at 10% of what they offer. They offer cheap. There is a lot of turnover. If you are a good match for what they are looking for they will probably consider your terms.

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at ALSTOM in June 2013.

Interview

1 Phone interview, 1 phone rechnical, 2 rounds in onsite interview. Very easy and typical. Questions about the resume, a visit of the office and factory, meeting of the managers you'd work for. Casual.

Interview Questions

• HR interview was simple and easy. asked a couple of questions about the resume and start dates. 1 week later and on site interview with 8 different engineers and managers. The interview took 6 hours total including lunch. Most of the interview questions where resume related and power systems related. A couple of programming questions as well.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at ALSTOM.

Interview

They can care a less what you do and how you do it, answer their questions, play their games and you get the job, cute or attractive woman? your hired!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us and how could we benefit from hiring you   Answer Question

Negotiation

here is what we want to pay, they would not move one dollar!

Power Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ALSTOM (Redmond, WA) in February 2013.

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kirkland, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at ALSTOM (Kirkland, WA) in October 2012.

Interview

I found a job posting and applied on line at the company website. I was contacted for a phone interview a couple weeks later for a phone interview. I went in for an in-person interview, which lasted 3 hours. I met with four individuals and the recruiter. I was not offered the job, but was told there was another possibility within the company. The whole process took five weeks from the time of the application.

Interview Questions

• The questions wern't particularly difficult and everyone was very friendly. They asked situational questions and explored my background from my resume   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at ALSTOM (Redmond, WA).

Interview

Didn't seem to have a formal or disciplined process. Seemed like they were very dis-organized. First Scheduled screens missed by the interviewer. When I traveled to an on-site interview, one of the first interviewers "forgot" interview and couldn't be found. HR didn't try to fill the spot. The last interviewer asked a question they didn't know the answer to. The interviewer kept insisting on calling a race condition a deadlock. At every step, it seemed like the next decision maker was on vacation for weeks.....

Interview Questions

• Code with a thread started in a static initializer. Interviewer said it would cause a deadlock. Code might have caused a race condition, but no global was ever locked by either thread.   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ALSTOM.

Interview

Sent across my CV through a referral and was called for an interview within the week. The Hiring Manager was very kind and considerate of my class schedule. They offered various slots and even gudiance on how to reach the interview venue. I was expecting a one-to-one interview, however, it was a panel interview, with the whole team interviewing me. It was again very considerate as the Hiring Manager sat next to me for support.

Interview Questions

• How my current qualifications matched the role and my future ambitions   Answer Question

Negotiation

None

SAP Treasury Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at ALSTOM (London, England (UK)) in June 2015.

Interview

It was a telephone interview to last for 30 minutes. It was a panel of two people, a man and a woman. What I learnt from this interview was that it is best to have knowledge of EVERYTHING on the job specification as they seemed to play up and emphasis on what I did not have and therefore based their final decision on that. What a pity, as I do like the company.

Interview Questions

• They asked me two questions: 1)Tell me about yourself and your treasury experience. 2) What is your experience in Hedging.   Answer Question

Commissioning Engineer Chemist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baden (Switzerland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ALSTOM (Baden (Switzerland)) in May 2015.

Interview

Telephone screening, followed by invitation to meet face to face. Company intro, followed by my intro, followed by: 1. Skills, experience, tasks etc based questions 2. Locations/Assignments and durations thereof was emphasised a lot (advert indiicated Travel, not permanent remote assignments) 3. Typical HR probing type questions. Went ok, but for the issue of Travel vs Assignment.

Interview Questions

• If I had an opportunity, what would I have done in the past to improve myself.   1 Answer

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at ALSTOM.

Interview

Good atmosphere, pleasant interviewer, nice office downtown, discussed organisation chart and personal family background on a casual basis, came back quite quickly the next day with offer, concluded the entire process within a week