ALTEN

2.0

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at ALTEN in April 2014.

They are a global consulting company seeking to branch out into technology companies in the Seattle area. As such, they're concurrently trying to sign up the actual consulting contracts while building a pipeline of people who could staff them. In other words, there is no real position open yet.

Framed that way, the interview was primarily a get-to-know-each-other in their small executive suite in Bellevue. It was an enjoyable conversation with no real surprising questions. Given the uncertainty about their contract, there was no clear call-to-action at this time.

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brussels, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brussels, WI

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ALTEN.

Phone contact after CV found in Monster.be
    Face to face interview with business manager
    Face to face interview with a customer
    nothing technical with alten managers
    the real technical interview is with the customer
    but you should be able to convince the bm of your strong personality

Interview Questions
    • What are the different design patterns? and how you do to implement them in Java   View Answer
    The company car
    A piece of advice is to negotiate the extraleagal advantages rather than gross salary
    They are more flexible when it comes to add some advantages more than increase your gross salary because it is exposed to a lot of taxes

Software Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ALTEN.

Phone call, then onsite interview.

Project Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ALTEN.

First interview was at Alten and was good and I was made believed that there was an open position that fitted with my profile.
    Second interview was by phone by a guy who was all over the place and didn't had the patience to listen to my answers. Also asked question that were clearly in my CV which he clearly didn't read .....

A week after the second interview I got a mail saying that currently there is no position that fitted my profile..... but they are still interested ... so if something opens up then they will contact me again..

I had this experience twice in two years with Alten exactly the same

Ingénieur Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at ALTEN.

Entretien d'embauche assez expéditif. On ne sent pas un réel besoin de l'interviewer de connaitre le candidat. On en ressort avec une sensation d'être juste un numéro X dans une longue file d'attente.

Interview Questions
    • Les questions sont assez banales et plutot générales...   Answer Question

Business Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ALTEN.

Suite à l'envoi de CV pour un poste de business manager, un recruteur d'Alten m'a rapidement contacté. Après un entretien téléphonique j'ai été invité pour un entretien à l'office. 15 minutes après le début de l'entretien le recruteur m'a proposé un autre offre, pas de business manager, mais de consultant dans un secteur qui n'a rien à voir avec mon profil...expérience bizarre et une grosse perte de temps...

Interview Questions
    • Les questions portaient uniquement sur la motivation et la personnalité   Answer Question

L'offre n'était pas celle pour laquelle j'ai postulé

Consultant Interview

I applied through their HR at a job fair where I gave them my CV. A week later, their HR interviewed me over Skype about my CV to find out more details before sending the CV to the manager meetings. Two weeks later, I got a phone call scheduling a telephone interview with an engineer at Alten Digital. This interview lasted for about an hour, along which I was asked about my recent professional experience. At the end of this interview, I was invited for a personal interview at their office in Duesseldorf. This interview lasted about an hour. First they introduced the company and their fields of activity and then asked more detailed questions about my experience and qualifications. In the end, they offered to answer some questions I may have and the interview ended with the promise of a feedback in the following days. Their feedback came, but apparently they did not have a project in the near future in need of my skills. So I was not hired.

Engineering/ Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milano (Italy)
    Anonymous Employee in Milano (Italy)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ALTEN in November 2014.

I was first inteviewed on the phone by HR. They asked really simple questions, regarding some of my choices. They have a very italian way of doing things and are not very professional as the seem to tease you while they are speaking to you.

The second inteview, that could have been easly done via Skype was a meeting with a business mangaer in Milan. A total waste of time since the only real question was to know how much I wanted as a salary. It was not a plesent experience that does not justify going to milan.
    Not professinal at all.
    The outcome of the interview was positive anyway.

Interview Questions

Not a professional envoirnment.

Junior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bristol, England (UK)
    Anonymous Employee in Bristol, England (UK)

I applied online – interviewed at ALTEN in October 2014.

Interview with recruiter in ALTEN offices in Filton (Bristol). Discussion about projects, previous experience in similar companies, background, behavioral questions and discussion about possible opportunities within the company in Bristol Area.

Software Engineer Interview

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at ALTEN.

They fixed me an appointment with the business manager. Very nice talk. We talked about the projects oppurtunities, the business scheme and about the contract/ stipend. The next steps should be the the second contact for the projects that could fit with me and then a talk with the CEO in Milan to sign the contract.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me my engineering skills and my preferences about the possible projects.   Answer Question