ALTEN Interview Questions

2.0

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at ALTEN in April 2014.

They are a global consulting company seeking to branch out into technology companies in the Seattle area. As such, they're concurrently trying to sign up the actual consulting contracts while building a pipeline of people who could staff them. In other words, there is no real position open yet.

Framed that way, the interview was primarily a get-to-know-each-other in their small executive suite in Bellevue. It was an enjoyable conversation with no real surprising questions. Given the uncertainty about their contract, there was no clear call-to-action at this time.

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Brussels, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brussels, WI

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ALTEN.

Phone contact after CV found in Monster.be
    Face to face interview with business manager
    Face to face interview with a customer
    nothing technical with alten managers
    the real technical interview is with the customer
    but you should be able to convince the bm of your strong personality

Interview Questions
    • What are the different design patterns? and how you do to implement them in Java   View Answer
    The company car
    A piece of advice is to negotiate the extraleagal advantages rather than gross salary
    They are more flexible when it comes to add some advantages more than increase your gross salary because it is exposed to a lot of taxes

Software Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ALTEN.

Phone call, then onsite interview.

Software Engineer Interview

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at ALTEN.

They fixed me an appointment with the business manager. Very nice talk. We talked about the projects oppurtunities, the business scheme and about the contract/ stipend. The next steps should be the the second contact for the projects that could fit with me and then a talk with the CEO in Milan to sign the contract.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me my engineering skills and my preferences about the possible projects.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Madrid (Spain)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madrid (Spain)

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at ALTEN in March 2014.

Only a phone interview with the manager. After that, he told me the salary. The next week, I knew the client and I started to work. It was so pathetic that I don't know how this company can survive. The worst company I've ever work for. It's a "human meat butcher" company.

Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at ALTEN.

They reached me by phone and after a short interview we picked a date for a personal interview with the Business Manager.
    During this personal interview he explained me the company, the job and asked me about every single point of my resume.
    Everything was friendly, soft and without tricky questions.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Brussels (Belgium)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brussels (Belgium)

interviewed at ALTEN in December 2013.

An HR partner contacted me saying the recruitement team forwarded my CV (note: I never applied for any of their positions!). We agree on a date and time for the interview, but he never calls. I emailed to ask if there was some technical problem but never heard back.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Brussels (Belgium)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brussels (Belgium)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ALTEN in December 2013.

I applied online via ALTEN's website and I was very surprised to be contacted within the next couple of days . Interview was scheduled two weeks after my initial online application. Interviewer mostly asked questions about:

1) My resume: courses followed over the curriculum, details on the Master's Thesis (it was for an young graduate position)
    2) My expectations of the job: in which specific field I wanted to work and what skills I had that made me qualified for each field
    3) My salary expectations: do not hesitate to overshoot a little, especially if you have nice grades

Entwicklungsingenieur Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Stuttgart (Germany)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stuttgart (Germany)

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks - interviewed at ALTEN in November 2013.

1.- E-mail sent through the Job Application service in their website with the CV and a cover letter.
    2.- Telephone conversation with a HR responsible. Explain with detail the CV. All the interview was in German. No tricky questions.
    3.- Face-to-face interview in Stuttgart with the Business Manager of the office. Self-presentation and explanation of every single point on the CV. All the interview was in German. They couldn't tell me if they were surveying me for a specific future position.
    4.- Face-to-face interview with the Division Manager. It was short since they wanted me to wait three months until they receive new work packages and I had offers from other companies to start working ASAP.

Interview Questions

Too much time waiting for the job. I had job offers from other companies to start much sooner.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Paris (France)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at ALTEN in June 2013.

They called me since they saw my resume online, so first I was happily surprised.

I had a phone interview with a Business Engineer (Ingenieur d'Affaire) who presented me the company and the available postion.
    They recruit only when they have a specific available position for a client.
    They called themself "Consulting Firm" but it's more like a "Services Firm" (societe de prestation/service).
    They never called me back as they said, and never answered my messages.

Interview Questions

The position was very far away from Paris (further than Trappes), not well payed (less than average engineers), didn't hear about company benefits, the client company name was unknown.
    The company itself didn't seem nice at all.

Worked for ALTEN? Contribute to the Community!