AMA Interview Questions

Updated Jun 5, 2015

2.9

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AMA.

Interview

The hiring process meets up to the hype. The interviews were difficult and thorough. Questions probed technical competency, project management experience & textbook knowledge, General Business Operations. Depending on the interviewer, you may be asked vague hypotheticals. If this happens to you, create a story around the hypothetical and explain the process you would follow to solve it. They are looking to see how you problem solve so be thorough in explaining your process. Also be aware the hypothetical may be based on actually problems and tasks you will be required to complete if they give you the position.

Interview Questions

• Save money, Make money, Improve Customer Experience, Which would you make first priority... Second and Third Priority? ... Why?   1 Answer

User Experience Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at AMA (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Spoke with HR. Pleasant experience and answered all of the questions with no hesitation and was purely honest. HR was very informative about the company and their future growth

Interview Questions

• Various Questions, why did you leave your company? what was an achievement you're proud of etc..   1 Answer

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at AMA (Chicago, IL).

Interview

The interview took about three hours. First with HR, it was just about the general information about me, working authority, working hours, etc. Then, I talked with a young team member of the data team, and he just walked through my resume in general. The last interview was with the team leader. That was a deep one on my resume. For I never took an interview in that long time, I didn't perform well in the third one.

Interview Questions

• Talk about my previous project with SAS and Google, and what result I got from the work.   Answer Question

Data & Solutions Architecture Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at AMA.

Interview

The process took about 4 weeks. I applied through the university job site and got a call from the HR recruiter for a telephonic screening. After that I had another hour long telephonic interview with the Data Architect and an Analyst in his team. A few questions were based on my resume and others were related to RDBMS and Data Warehousing concepts (nothing too detailed). I answered to those questions based on my past experience and projects. Following are a few questions which I remember: 1) Explain what do you understand by Business model (logical and physical) 2) Why do you want to work in Business Analytics/ Intelligence space? 3) Any experience with Tableau/ Visio/ SharePoint? Explain if yes. 4) What were a few challenges that you faced in your last job? 5) What would you do if your recommendations are not accepted by the client/ senior management?

Interview Questions

• Explain Star schema/ Data warehouse with a real life example   Answer Question

Negotiation

AMA has a fixed salary for Graduate level interns and there wasn't much scope for negotiation.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at AMA (Chicago, IL).

Interview

It was over all a horrible experience, and it should have been a clue to me that it would not be a good company to work for, but I needed the job at the time, So I took it. It took months to get through the whole process, not including the first month, when, after replying they were interested to my resume, hey told me they chose others to interview, and were not longer interested in me, and then a month later called back and told me they were interested. Hiring managers took days and weeks to get back to continue each next step in processs. HR seem useless and gave wrong information. But again, when you need a job, you unfortunately try and ignore most of the negative stuff.

Negotiation

Took Months

Policy Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at AMA (Chicago, IL) in June 2013.

Interview

Applied on the AMA website, got a call within 2 weeks. Two rounds of phone interviews, and then was called into the Chicago office. Interviewed with 7 employees in 5 hours, ranging from a policy analyst to an implementation director. Relatively easy questions, no pressure atmosphere.

Marketing Analytics Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at AMA (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Interview at HQ in Chicago. Three 30 minute sessions with three different people. Mostly behavioral and background questions - how do you work with people in a team, tell us about your previous experiences, what are you looking for in an internship, what do you think the AMA does, walk me through how you'd approach a challenge.

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AMA (Chicago, IL) in June 2012.

Interview

Interview was a one and done; The process took about a week and a half.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest weakness?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The negotiation phase was the standard process.

Financial Analyst Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at AMA (Chicago, IL) in January 2012.

Interview

I applied through my university's career services website and received an interview four months later. The interview was behavioral and was conducted by two members of the Business Operations team. They asked mostly about my work/extracurricular experience, my majors/school, whether I had experience with financial analysis before, and my technical skills.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AMA (New York, NY) in June 2011.

Interview

meet with team members, demonstrated my capabilities and layed out plan for the future. Knowledgable personnel in the company who wanted me to land the job. met with hr and other departments I would be working with.

Interview Questions

• What technologies are you familiar with?   1 Answer