AMA Interview Questions

Updated Oct 19, 2014

2.6

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at AMA.

It was over all a horrible experience, and it should have been a clue to me that it would not be a good company to work for, but I needed the job at the time, So I took it. It took months to get through the whole process, not including the first month, when, after replying they were interested to my resume, hey told me they chose others to interview, and were not longer interested in me, and then a month later called back and told me they were interested. Hiring managers took days and weeks to get back to continue each next step in processs. HR seem useless and gave wrong information. But again, when you need a job, you unfortunately try and ignore most of the negative stuff.

Took Months

Policy Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at AMA in June 2013.

Applied on the AMA website, got a call within 2 weeks. Two rounds of phone interviews, and then was called into the Chicago office. Interviewed with 7 employees in 5 hours, ranging from a policy analyst to an implementation director. Relatively easy questions, no pressure atmosphere.

Marketing Analytics Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at AMA.

Interview at HQ in Chicago. Three 30 minute sessions with three different people. Mostly behavioral and background questions - how do you work with people in a team, tell us about your previous experiences, what are you looking for in an internship, what do you think the AMA does, walk me through how you'd approach a challenge.

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AMA in June 2012.

Interview was a one and done; The process took about a week and a half.

Interview Questions
    The negotiation phase was the standard process.

Financial Analyst Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at AMA in January 2012.

I applied through my university's career services website and received an interview four months later. The interview was behavioral and was conducted by two members of the Business Operations team. They asked mostly about my work/extracurricular experience, my majors/school, whether I had experience with financial analysis before, and my technical skills.

Staff Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at AMA in August 2010.

I was hired through a temp agency in Washington, DC. A set of resumes was sent to my boss from the temp agency, AMA uses The Choice, and she called me for a phone interview. The position I was interviewed for was filling in for a staff assistant who had been there for two years who was leaving to go to graduate school. I was asked standard interview questions like what's my biggest weakness and whether I knew how to use Microsoft Office products and handle a multi-line phone. I temped for six months after that I was hired full-time after a basic background check with no further interview.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were difficult or unexpected. Probably the most difficult one to answer is what is your greatest weakness.   Answer Question
    I was given an offer and told that it was already about the highest they could go, bu I was happy with the offer so I accepted.

Vice President Sales Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at AMA in June 2010.

Not difficult. It's who you know and how well you are connected to the C level. Once you secure an interview and background are checked out, the job is pretty much yours. Remember AMA is a non profit organization, it's who you know.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at AMA in March 2009.

One in person with a non-technical hiring manager. Asked for previous work done and did a reference check.

Interview Questions
    • How has your past experiance trained you for this job.   View Answer
    offered salary, no bonus but decent vacation time. No flexibility.