AMC Entertainment

Updated Jan 9, 2015

2.1

104 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

I applied online – interviewed at AMC Entertainment.

I was called on the phone about going in for an interview a couple days after I applied. I went into the theater and was seated for a few minutes while I waited for a supervisor to conduct the interview. We went to a bench in between the theaters so there were guests walking in and out while the interview was happening. There was only one interview and after it was over they told me that I will be contacted if they decided that they wanted to go further into the interview process with me.

Interview Questions
  • The most unexpected question was when they asked to explain the benefits of their card to them and basically "sell" it to them. They give you a pamphlet while you wait for the supervisors and you are supposed to read about their card. I however was not expecting to have to "sell" it during the interview.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for AMC Entertainment

Film Crew Member Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at AMC Entertainment.

The interview process is as goes. You wait inside as all the other prospective employees start filling in. There are maybe about 20 other people who interview with you preliminary. Management, then, leads you into an empty theater and asks you to introduce yourself, your favorite movie and any other interesting thing about you. Those who answer with a certain flair or personality usually end up getting the job. The goal is to make yourself remembered. So, if everyone around you says their favorite movie is "Titanic". You can make a goofball of yourself and say you love "The Lego Movie." THAT stands out. Those who stand out then get called in for a second interview, which is a one-on-one interview with usually an assistant manager or supervisor.

That interview goes as follows:
    1) Why do you want to work at AMC?
    2) Sell me the AMC Stubs Card (their rewards program.) (The brochure is handed out at the beginning of the interview. READ it.)
    3) Have you ever had an experience at a store where there was a big line? Did the employees do anything to remedy the situation or make it easier?
    4) Have you ever been to a store where you had a bad experience and would you go there again? What could have the employee done to make the situation better?
    5) What is a good example of an in-store experience that you've had and would you go back there?
    6) What is your favorite movie?
    7) How is your availability?

Interview Questions
    • My interviewer threw me a curve ball. She asked me to sell the rewards cards and she said: "What if I don't want it?"

After I got the job, she apologized for asking that question. It had just come out in the spur of the moment and is not in their dossier of questions.

The more interesting question is this:

Answer Question

I applied online – interviewed at AMC Entertainment.

Interview was pretty easy going, doesn't take more than 20 minutes. I applied online and was called within the next two weeks from what I remember. There are a fair few amount of questions such as recall a place that was dirty, how did it affect your view of the place and would you go back? and similar questions about a place with long lines. A question to learn about me was: what was something that i accomplished and was proud of? and the rest was fairly just getting to know the supervisors through small talk and laughs. It was a good experience as well as my first interview. I bet if I called back enough I would have worked but I had a lot on my plate

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. The question you have to look out for is when they ask you to sell them a stub card. After this question, they ask you to add a catch to your sell, to finally convince them. Watch out for the catch.   Answer Question

Film Crew Member Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at AMC Entertainment.

I applied online and received a call back the very next day. Interview lasted about 30 mins. I was Interviewed by one person in a back room. They asked about five to ten situational questions. A very easy and basic interview. I was hired on the spot and came back a couple of days later for training.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you saw another employee stealing or doing something they weren't suppose to?   Answer Question

Film Crew Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at AMC Entertainment in November 2014.

Applied online on a Saturday, got a call the next day. Like what others said here, a supervisor did a phone screen, asking: did I have tattoos, confirming my availability, any "unusual" hair styles like a mohawk, any piercings etc. Afterwards, he scheduled me for a GROUP interview the next day.

About 10 other people were interviewing as well. I was expecting them to put us in a circle and would go around asking each one of us 2 or 3 questions like normal group interviews. Nope. A HR supervisor and the HR manager led us into an conference room upstairs in a almost class room like seating arrangement. Spend roughly 40 minutes going over the 3 positions (box office, usher, and concessions) and their requirements for each position. Felt more like a job orientation than an interview.

Finally, they asked everyone to introduce themselves and why we wanted to work at AMC. Then they asked two questions and asked for VOLUNTEERS to answer. This is the important part. If you get a group interview like this and they start asking questions, RAISE YOUR HAND. I was incredibly nervous and I never speak up in school but I knew they did this format for a reason: to see who was friendly and confident enough to speak in front of everyone else. Only 3 or 4 people including me answered both questions.

They said whoever got a call later that night would get a 1 on 1 interview. I did and they scheduled an interview 2 days later. Was taken into a room behind the concession stand for an interview with the HR manager. She asked the questions I included here and at the end, like everyone said, asked me to pitch her the AMC stub card. I got the offer immediately afterwards.

Kind of a cut throat interview process, calling anyone who applied and getting people's hopes up but only hiring those who stuck out instead of sorting through the applications and calling the best ones. But from what I heard most interviews with AMC are the 1 on 1 with the manager. I later learned that my AMC lost many employees recently and that is why they did the mass hire interview.

Sorry for the length of this, hope this helps anyone.

Interview Questions
    • Group questions:
      Introduce yourself and why do you want to work for AMC?
      Name a time where you saw something unethical and how did you respond?
      Name a time where you encountered rudeness?

1 on 1 questions:
      Name a store that had long lines. Why was it long? How did it make you feel? How would you deal with it. What can the store do to decrease the wait?

Have you ever been in a restaurant that was dirty? How did it make you feel?

Best accomplishment?

Name a situation where you had to talk to a stranger.

AMC stubs role playing. She asked me to sell the card. Afterwards she threw a curve ball at me, "What if I don't go to the movies often? Why should I get the card?" I replied "Most people don't go the movies alone, so even if you went a 2-3 times a year with friends/family, the card would still be useful."

Answer Question
    No negotiation. I didn't learn how much I was making until the day I filled out my paperwork through an email sent a few days after the 1 on 1 interview.

Film Crew Member Interview

Applied online then within a week got a phone call about attending an interview. The interview was fairly easy. It was one-on-one with the GM and lasted about 20 minutes. Asked questions such as what makes horrible customer service, describe a place with horrible customer service, what are my favorite retail/restaurant places and why.

Interview Questions
    • While waiting to be interviewed, I was given a little pamphlet with details about the AMC Stubs program. They ask you to read it and memorize it. During the interview I was asked to recall the benefits of the program and we (me and the GM) role played where I had to pitch the program to guests.   Answer Question
    no negotiation phase

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monterey Park, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monterey Park, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at AMC Entertainment in October 2014.

group interview can be annoying since they only choose a couple and they don't generally ask you enough questions to get to know you. they basically only tell you about how the job works rather than asking you questions about yourself. its a personality test not a job interview

Film Crew Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at AMC Entertainment in October 2014.

Details
    I applied online a couple of months ago. I got a call back that on October 14. During the 10 minute phone call, the manager asked me if I had visible tattoos or piercings and if I was available on holidays and weekends. Also the dress code for my hair, nails, and attire. When arrived, I was given a AMC Stubs Card pamphlet in order to study. I wasn't familiar with the stubs program but I got through it. He asked me the same questions from the phone call. Then began asking me questions based on my past experiences and opinions. Lastly, I had to sell him the AMC stub card during role play. I thought my interview was exceptional. The man that interviewed me made me feel comfortable during the process. I was told that I would get a callback 2 days from then at 6 o'clock but I didn't. Good experience though.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AMC Entertainment in October 2014.

Process took 2 weeks. I went through a phone interview and then asked if I can come in. I was asked basic questions about availability and previous work experience. After the interview I was told if I didn't receive a call then I didn't get the job.

I applied online – interviewed at AMC Entertainment.

Hiring process was pretty simple and easy. First I had a 10 minute phone interview with general questions about availability, my ability to perform the tasks of the job, etc. Then I had a 30 minute interview in person with general customer service questions. They called me back 4 days later and offered me the job.