AMC Entertainment Film Crew Member Interview Questions

Updated Aug 27, 2015

2.1

Film Crew Member Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AMC Entertainment.

Interview

A group of about 30 of us came and were admitted into the "interview area" which was a very poorly kept and smelly emergency exit. From there you individually introduce yourself and do your best to stand out among the competition. You mock sell a stubs card and people are eliminated one-by-one over a course of 5 rounds. In the end you get to interview alone with a manager who decides from there whether or not to keep you. Way too much work for the paltry pay you'll receive upon being hired.

Interview Questions

• What is your availability? Are you available on weekends, holidays, etc.?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for AMC Entertainment

Film Crew Member Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AMC Entertainment.

Interview

Alright, so basically, I applied online and got a call back a week or two later. At first I missed the phone call, I got a voicemail about calling back to AMC about the job offer. I called back and hour or two later and told me if I agreed to all the wardrobe policy and such, then right off the bat, she gave me three interview questions, then invited me to a group interview in 3 or 4 days later. I made a portfolio and dressed up in slacks and a polo and nice flats. The AMC i applied at has two buildings, one dine in and a traditional building. The people waiting for the group interview was sent to an empty theater. There was 10 of us that was going to be interviewed. The supervisor gave us folders which has the stubs brochure and about the different jobs the film crew has to do and also asked us about ourselves, a fun fact, and best customer service experience, everyone has to answer because she snaked around the room. After that, she gave us one last introduction on why you're suppose to work for AMC. After everyone said their little testimonials, she called about 7 of us to take it to the next step which is the one-on-one. At the one on one, they made us wait in the middle of the two buildings, waiting for the person to interview us. While waiting, make sure you read the stubs brochure. I got called up, shook hands with the person I got interviewed by, took us to probably his or a small office. He asked me about my flexibility then started asking me interview questions, there was a lot but not that hard (just be prepared for any questions) and role played the stubs thing to sell. When we were done, he said they'll talk to the other people who interviewed the rest of the people then give a call later that night or tomorrow morning.

Anonymous Employee in Potomac, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AMC Entertainment (Potomac, MD) in August 2015.

Interview

The process took about 3 weeks. I applied, got a call about two weeks later. I had a brief phone interview. Then was scheduled for an interview the next day and the following day I got a call saying I got the job and I needed to come in to fill out my paperwork and then training begin just a few days afterwards.

Interview Questions

• What do you think will be the hardest part about this job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at AMC Entertainment (Atlanta, GA) in August 2015.

Interview

Really laid back and easy. He asked me a couple of questions and I was surprised by how short it was. You do need to know about the stubs program. They will make you do a sales pitch to them. So its probably best to look over it the night before just to be comfortable with it before they give you the brochure.

Film Crew Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AMC Entertainment.

Interview

Process took about two to three weeks from application to interview. The interview was very chill -- I was given a Stubs pamphlet and took to look over it. I sat with a manager and he asked me about seven work-related questions, then asked me to pitch him the Stubs card. They told me they'd give me a call that night to see if they would move forward. I got a call that night and they told me to come in for a second interview. The second interview was even easier: I just sat with the general manager and he asked me some personal questions (where do I see myself in two years, etc.) before hiring me on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What do you think your greatest challenge working at AMC will be?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AMC Entertainment (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

I applied online and was called in for an interview within 1 week. They asked basic customer service based questions. The interview was about 30 minutes long. They offered a position on the spot.

Anonymous Employee in Westminster, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AMC Entertainment (Westminster, CO).

Interview

The interview was pretty standard. They gave you scenereos. They asked how would you handle a situation where you saw people cutting in line. How you handle kids waiting by the exit door. Things like that.

Film Crew Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at AMC Entertainment.

Interview

Applied online , got called in maybe 2 or 3 days later. Went in for a face to face interview. Someone handed me a stubs pamphlet to remember. Went into a private room and it was pretty simply. Easy questions and got hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What was the most awkward situation you have had in your former job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AMC Entertainment (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

Smooth, a few basic questions. Basically a get to know you, to see if you can actually do the job; talk to guests. You have to be able to talk, so if you don't like talking you will probably suck at the job. Some people will come and go, but this job is actually pretty sweet. And if someone tells you, this job is hard. They have an interesting definition of hard. This job is a cake walk compared to retail and fast food.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chula Vista, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AMC Entertainment (Chula Vista, CA).

Interview

I applied online and got a call back 3 weeks later to come in for an interview. I waited in the lobby for about 10 minutes until I was directed to a back room where I was interviewed by two employees.