AMC Entertainment

Updated Dec 7, 2014

2.1

101 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Film Crew Member Interview

I applied online – interviewed at AMC Entertainment.

Interview was pretty easy going, doesn't take more than 20 minutes. I applied online and was called within the next two weeks from what I remember. There are a fair few amount of questions such as recall a place that was dirty, how did it affect your view of the place and would you go back? and similar questions about a place with long lines. A question to learn about me was: what was something that i accomplished and was proud of? and the rest was fairly just getting to know the supervisors through small talk and laughs. It was a good experience as well as my first interview. I bet if I called back enough I would have worked but I had a lot on my plate

Interview Questions
  • No difficult questions. The question you have to look out for is when they ask you to sell them a stub card. After this question, they ask you to add a catch to your sell, to finally convince them. Watch out for the catch.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for AMC Entertainment

Film Crew Member Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at AMC Entertainment.

I applied online and received a call back the very next day. Interview lasted about 30 mins. I was Interviewed by one person in a back room. They asked about five to ten situational questions. A very easy and basic interview. I was hired on the spot and came back a couple of days later for training.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you saw another employee stealing or doing something they weren't suppose to?   Answer Question

Film Crew Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at AMC Entertainment in November 2014.

Applied online on a Saturday, got a call the next day. Like what others said here, a supervisor did a phone screen, asking: did I have tattoos, confirming my availability, any "unusual" hair styles like a mohawk, any piercings etc. Afterwards, he scheduled me for a GROUP interview the next day.

About 10 other people were interviewing as well. I was expecting them to put us in a circle and would go around asking each one of us 2 or 3 questions like normal group interviews. Nope. A HR supervisor and the HR manager led us into an conference room upstairs in a almost class room like seating arrangement. Spend roughly 40 minutes going over the 3 positions (box office, usher, and concessions) and their requirements for each position. Felt more like a job orientation than an interview.

Finally, they asked everyone to introduce themselves and why we wanted to work at AMC. Then they asked two questions and asked for VOLUNTEERS to answer. This is the important part. If you get a group interview like this and they start asking questions, RAISE YOUR HAND. I was incredibly nervous and I never speak up in school but I knew they did this format for a reason: to see who was friendly and confident enough to speak in front of everyone else. Only 3 or 4 people including me answered both questions.

They said whoever got a call later that night would get a 1 on 1 interview. I did and they scheduled an interview 2 days later. Was taken into a room behind the concession stand for an interview with the HR manager. She asked the questions I included here and at the end, like everyone said, asked me to pitch her the AMC stub card. I got the offer immediately afterwards.

Kind of a cut throat interview process, calling anyone who applied and getting people's hopes up but only hiring those who stuck out instead of sorting through the applications and calling the best ones. But from what I heard most interviews with AMC are the 1 on 1 with the manager. I later learned that my AMC lost many employees recently and that is why they did the mass hire interview.

Sorry for the length of this, hope this helps anyone.

Interview Questions
    • Group questions:
      Introduce yourself and why do you want to work for AMC?
      Name a time where you saw something unethical and how did you respond?
      Name a time where you encountered rudeness?

1 on 1 questions:
      Name a store that had long lines. Why was it long? How did it make you feel? How would you deal with it. What can the store do to decrease the wait?

Have you ever been in a restaurant that was dirty? How did it make you feel?

Best accomplishment?

Name a situation where you had to talk to a stranger.

AMC stubs role playing. She asked me to sell the card. Afterwards she threw a curve ball at me, "What if I don't go to the movies often? Why should I get the card?" I replied "Most people don't go the movies alone, so even if you went a 2-3 times a year with friends/family, the card would still be useful."

Answer Question
    No negotiation. I didn't learn how much I was making until the day I filled out my paperwork through an email sent a few days after the 1 on 1 interview.

Film Crew Member Interview

Applied online then within a week got a phone call about attending an interview. The interview was fairly easy. It was one-on-one with the GM and lasted about 20 minutes. Asked questions such as what makes horrible customer service, describe a place with horrible customer service, what are my favorite retail/restaurant places and why.

Interview Questions
    • While waiting to be interviewed, I was given a little pamphlet with details about the AMC Stubs program. They ask you to read it and memorize it. During the interview I was asked to recall the benefits of the program and we (me and the GM) role played where I had to pitch the program to guests.   Answer Question
    no negotiation phase

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monterey Park, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monterey Park, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at AMC Entertainment in October 2014.

group interview can be annoying since they only choose a couple and they don't generally ask you enough questions to get to know you. they basically only tell you about how the job works rather than asking you questions about yourself. its a personality test not a job interview

Film Crew Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at AMC Entertainment in October 2014.

Details
    I applied online a couple of months ago. I got a call back that on October 14. During the 10 minute phone call, the manager asked me if I had visible tattoos or piercings and if I was available on holidays and weekends. Also the dress code for my hair, nails, and attire. When arrived, I was given a AMC Stubs Card pamphlet in order to study. I wasn't familiar with the stubs program but I got through it. He asked me the same questions from the phone call. Then began asking me questions based on my past experiences and opinions. Lastly, I had to sell him the AMC stub card during role play. I thought my interview was exceptional. The man that interviewed me made me feel comfortable during the process. I was told that I would get a callback 2 days from then at 6 o'clock but I didn't. Good experience though.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AMC Entertainment in October 2014.

Process took 2 weeks. I went through a phone interview and then asked if I can come in. I was asked basic questions about availability and previous work experience. After the interview I was told if I didn't receive a call then I didn't get the job.

Film Crew Member Interview

I applied online – interviewed at AMC Entertainment.

Hiring process was pretty simple and easy. First I had a 10 minute phone interview with general questions about availability, my ability to perform the tasks of the job, etc. Then I had a 30 minute interview in person with general customer service questions. They called me back 4 days later and offered me the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clifton, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clifton, NJ

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at AMC Entertainment in September 2014.

I applied online and I was waiting to hear back from AMC, so I called them a few days after applying and spoke to the hiring manager and ask if he got a chance to review my application, he reviewed it on the phone and gave me a interview he also asked a few questions like if I had any tatoos and for my availibilty. The interview was easy basic questions were asked and know the stubs card program!

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you had to wait in a long line?   View Answer
    • Name a time you had to walk into a dirty restaurant?   View Answer
    • Name something your proud of that you accomplished?   View Answer
    • Roleplay Stubs Card Program   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AMC Entertainment.

applied online on their website, got a call a few weeks later, then came in to the interview, they give you some papers to look over and they also give you info about the amc stubs card, in which you have to try selling them during the interview, the interview questions were really easy, they asked what would you do if you went into a dirty restaurant and what would you do if you were waiting in a long line, last question is about the amc stubs card, you will play roll play with the interviewer and try to convince them to open a stubs card. Got a call a couple days later and i was offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • everything was really easy, basic interview questions.   Answer Question
    minimum wage.