AMC Entertainment

Updated Dec 16, 2014
Updated Dec 16, 2014

2.2

I applied online – interviewed at AMC Entertainment.

Interview was pretty easy going, doesn't take more than 20 minutes. I applied online and was called within the next two weeks from what I remember. There are a fair few amount of questions such as recall a place that was dirty, how did it affect your view of the place and would you go back? and similar questions about a place with long lines. A question to learn about me was: what was something that i accomplished and was proud of? and the rest was fairly just getting to know the supervisors through small talk and laughs. It was a good experience as well as my first interview. I bet if I called back enough I would have worked but I had a lot on my plate

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. The question you have to look out for is when they ask you to sell them a stub card. After this question, they ask you to add a catch to your sell, to finally convince them. Watch out for the catch.   Answer Question

Film Crew Member Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at AMC Entertainment.

I applied online and received a call back the very next day. Interview lasted about 30 mins. I was Interviewed by one person in a back room. They asked about five to ten situational questions. A very easy and basic interview. I was hired on the spot and came back a couple of days later for training.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you saw another employee stealing or doing something they weren't suppose to?   Answer Question

I applied online – interviewed at AMC Entertainment.

I was called on a random day over a month after I applied online. The manager scheduled me for an interview the next day. I went in, it was the manager, a film crew member and myself. They asked me why I wanted to work at AMC, she said I had a great interview and that they would call me by the following Saturday (4 days later). No call.

Interview Questions
    • Sell us AMC Perks.
      What if I'm disabled or ill and can't come to the movies?
      What if I can't really afford it right now?

Film Crew Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at AMC Entertainment.

Pretty simple. You get one interview from a manager or supervisor basically seeing if you can perform the work at AMC. You also have to show that you are able to sell Stubs cards.

Interview Questions
    • How have you handled a difficult situation with a customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied online – interviewed at AMC Entertainment in November 2014.

I applied online , got a call back the very next day! I had an interview two days later. I came in dressed nicely I had a coat on the entire time because it's winter so I never took it off. He asked me 7 questions about scenarios such dealing with customer service, what was something I was most proud I accomplished. He then asked me about AMC Stubs ( I recommend visiting their website and studying it) they give you a pamphlet on it but I didn't need it because I read about it prior to my interview. He will give you a mini pop quiz on the details of what it is. He asked me to sell him the Stub to get a feel of how I wou sell it. Then after I aced it he hired me!

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever been somewhere you received terrible service? How did you handle it? What advice would you give to someone struggling with their job?   Answer Question
    There's no negotiation they tell you up front its minimum wage and part time (may be full time depending on what you applied for)

Film Crew Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at AMC Entertainment in November 2014.

Applied online on a Saturday, got a call the next day. Like what others said here, a supervisor did a phone screen, asking: did I have tattoos, confirming my availability, any "unusual" hair styles like a mohawk, any piercings etc. Afterwards, he scheduled me for a GROUP interview the next day.

About 10 other people were interviewing as well. I was expecting them to put us in a circle and would go around asking each one of us 2 or 3 questions like normal group interviews. Nope. A HR supervisor and the HR manager led us into an conference room upstairs in a almost class room like seating arrangement. Spend roughly 40 minutes going over the 3 positions (box office, usher, and concessions) and their requirements for each position. Felt more like a job orientation than an interview.

Finally, they asked everyone to introduce themselves and why we wanted to work at AMC. Then they asked two questions and asked for VOLUNTEERS to answer. This is the important part. If you get a group interview like this and they start asking questions, RAISE YOUR HAND. I was incredibly nervous and I never speak up in school but I knew they did this format for a reason: to see who was friendly and confident enough to speak in front of everyone else. Only 3 or 4 people including me answered both questions.

They said whoever got a call later that night would get a 1 on 1 interview. I did and they scheduled an interview 2 days later. Was taken into a room behind the concession stand for an interview with the HR manager. She asked the questions I included here and at the end, like everyone said, asked me to pitch her the AMC stub card. I got the offer immediately afterwards.

Kind of a cut throat interview process, calling anyone who applied and getting people's hopes up but only hiring those who stuck out instead of sorting through the applications and calling the best ones. But from what I heard most interviews with AMC are the 1 on 1 with the manager. I later learned that my AMC lost many employees recently and that is why they did the mass hire interview.

Sorry for the length of this, hope this helps anyone.

Interview Questions
    • Group questions:
      Introduce yourself and why do you want to work for AMC?
      Name a time where you saw something unethical and how did you respond?
      Name a time where you encountered rudeness?

1 on 1 questions:
      Name a store that had long lines. Why was it long? How did it make you feel? How would you deal with it. What can the store do to decrease the wait?

Have you ever been in a restaurant that was dirty? How did it make you feel?

Best accomplishment?

Name a situation where you had to talk to a stranger.

AMC stubs role playing. She asked me to sell the card. Afterwards she threw a curve ball at me, "What if I don't go to the movies often? Why should I get the card?" I replied "Most people don't go the movies alone, so even if you went a 2-3 times a year with friends/family, the card would still be useful."

Answer Question
    No negotiation. I didn't learn how much I was making until the day I filled out my paperwork through an email sent a few days after the 1 on 1 interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendora, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendora, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at AMC Entertainment in November 2014.

I applied online on the AMC website and I heard back after about a week or so. I got called to go to a group interview 5 days later. There were about 15 other people there and I heard they were hiring around 5-6. They asked what's my favorite movie, about what you do if you work box office, concessions and usher. I declined the offer mainly because some people out there needed the job more than I did. There were some people there who were around late 50s and early 60s. Since I already have another job, I didn't need it.

Interview Questions
    • What's the most important thing that an usher would do   Answer Question

Full Time Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at AMC Entertainment.

Interview process consists of usually one face to face interview. If you are being promoted from within the company, the questions are general management/team experiences such as: Name a time you had to lead a difficult team, name a time when you disagreed with one of your supervisor's decisions, name a time you overcame a difficult problem, etc. They also tend to be questions such as "What is your biggest area for growth/weakest trait?" and "What can you contribute to the theatre?"

Interview Questions
    No negotiating when being promoted to an hourly manager position from within.

Crew Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at AMC Entertainment in October 2014.

I applied online at their company's website and received a call from the hiring manager a couple of days later. On the phone she asked me if I had tattoos and if I could work during the holidays and told me about their uniform policy, etc. She scheduled an interview two days later. I didn't dress too professional but made myself look formal for the interview. I had an interview with two managers at the same time, it wasn't that bad but they were super friendly so I wasn't that nervous. Make sure to smile, laugh, and be open! Show your personality and make connections with them because that's what they are looking for. Personable people. Make sure to bring breath mints just in case because they want to hear you talk a lot. I recommend you to review their AMC stubs cards online because they will ask you to try and sell it as a roleplay. I got an offer and went for training the following weekend, lasted about 6 hours. There were about four-six other teens being trained, we all sat in a conference room, listened to a manager speak and review company policy's and rules. We shared some experience, and even role-played situations. Like how to react when having bad customer service and how to sell something, and discussed in groups about possible scenarios.

Interview Questions
    • 1. Why do you want to work at AMC theaters?
       I said because I love movies, helping people, and because AMC company is one of the top theaters in the nation with one of the best customer services, etc.

2. What is your best accomplishment?
      Since I'm still in High school, I said being a honor student.

3, Describe a time you had to wait in a long line, where was it and how did you deal with it?
       First I said starbucks in an attempt to make a connection and something we can agree on (conversations), but then I said Macy's. It wasn't bad because the environment was clean, and even though it was busy it wasn't too hectic.

4. What do you think ( said store) could have done to make the line-waiting shorter?
       Say COMMUNICATION and TEAMWORK, that's what they want to hear.

Now the final part was a little hard, they give you a pamphlet about AMC stubs cards and will tell you to roleplay as an AMC employee to try to tell it to them. That's why is good to review it before your interview. It's basically talking about the benefits about signing up for a membership, This is how I said it..

"Would you be interested in signing up for our AMC stubs membership? There are a lot of great deals that can really benefit you, If you are someone who loves going to the movies often, Like me, then I guarantee that you will definitely love this... ( mention the benefits, upgrade on drinks and popcorn, $10 rewards for every $100 purchase ( think about inviting three people to the movies, you buy food and drinks and that would equal about $30-$40 including tickets, now multiply that by two or three (the times you visit the theater/ membership is good for a family of 4-5), and it only costs $12 dollars a year for the membership.

BE PREPARED for them to decline your offer, you can be smooth and say something like:
      Okay, but hear me out, If you sign up now, you will never have to hear me offering you this AMC stubs membership again, and you will be getting a very good deal.

You don't have to be perfect, just show them you are capable of interacting and able to sell a product. Other than that, they will ask about the days you are available to work and about your recent work history.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AMC Entertainment in October 2014.

Process took 2 weeks. I went through a phone interview and then asked if I can come in. I was asked basic questions about availability and previous work experience. After the interview I was told if I didn't receive a call then I didn't get the job.