AMC Entertainment Interview Questions

Updated Sep 9, 2014
Updated Sep 9, 2014

2.2

Usher, Cashier, Box Office Associate Interview

I applied online - interviewed at AMC Entertainment in April 2010.

Asked how I handled a rude customer. How I was under pressure. If I ever witnessed a coworker stealing. Why I wanted to work at AMC. It was quick and simple, but of course nerves take over so it seems more difficult at the time.

Interview Questions
    • If I ever witnessed a coworker stealing and what I would do I if I did witness a coworker stealing.   Answer Question

Film Crew Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sunrise, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunrise, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AMC Entertainment in September 2014.

I applied online and was contacted about two weeks later, asking several questions about my appearance, i.e did i have any tattoos, wild hairstyles, and if I would be comfortable wearing the uniform. After I answered each question, they asked if I wanted to come interview. There were about 5 of us and they talked to us all about the general policies and rules, then called us in one-by-one for an interview with 2 of the managers of that particular theater and 2 supervisors of the bigger theater.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time when a place you went to was dirty and how did it affect your opinion about that place?   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tukwila, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tukwila, WA

I applied online - interviewed at AMC Entertainment in August 2014.

I applied online, a few weeks later I get a call to set up an interview. When I came to the theater, I was handed a black binder with the AMC Stubs info and the company handbook. I sat there for about 10 minutes, then the manager came and took me into a room where another manager was sitting. They asked me several info questions then the interview questions. They said they would call me back if I got the job but I heard nothing back from them.

Interview Questions
    • You had to sell the AMC Membership Stubs program as a roleplay event.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Virginia Beach, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AMC Entertainment in August 2014.

Ok first you take a rocket scientist test online to get to the interview then 2 weeks later they call you for face to face interview . so they put out this blank questionnaire pad and ask you silly questions about things from your old jobs and how would you handle certain situations. which honestly have nothing to do with selling soda popcorn and candy. and ripping tickets.

Interview Questions
    • Do you have a resume. I just took a 45 min test and submitted all documents online and you asking me for a resume.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Clifton, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clifton, NJ

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at AMC Entertainment in September 2014.

I applied online and I was waiting to hear back from AMC, so I called them a few days after applying and spoke to the hiring manager and ask if he got a chance to review my application, he reviewed it on the phone and gave me a interview he also asked a few questions like if I had any tatoos and for my availibilty. The interview was easy basic questions were asked and know the stubs card program!

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you had to wait in a long line?   View Answer
    • Name a time you had to walk into a dirty restaurant?   View Answer
    • Name something your proud of that you accomplished?   View Answer
    • Roleplay Stubs Card Program   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AMC Entertainment in August 2014.

I walked in and they gave me a pamphlet about the stubs program and told me i was going to have to "sell it" to the hiring manager, i went on this website so i was already familiar to this. The manager told me to the arcade of the theater and asked me basic questions, then i had to give him a pitch on the stubs program , i was really nervous so i didn't do so well but he said i had an unique approach so be creative!

Interview Questions
    • a time you had to wait in a long line, what could they have done to make it go faster?   Answer Question
    • a time you had to go talk to someone you did not know?   Answer Question
    • what would you bring to amc working here?   Answer Question
    no negotiation , minimum wage.

Film Crew Member Interview

I applied online and received a call back two weeks later. There was a phone interview which had questions like " if you have any face piercings or tattoos, are you able to cover them" and your availability. Then there is a one on one interview with a manager where you are asked about your experience waiting in long lines or shopping at a dirty place. At the end you have to sell the AMC stub. It doesn't matter if you get stuff wrong while selling just as long as you are confident and make it sound like you know what you are talking about.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. Maximum amount of hours you can work is 28 hours but each week schedule could be different.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AMC Entertainment.

applied online on their website, got a call a few weeks later, then came in to the interview, they give you some papers to look over and they also give you info about the amc stubs card, in which you have to try selling them during the interview, the interview questions were really easy, they asked what would you do if you went into a dirty restaurant and what would you do if you were waiting in a long line, last question is about the amc stubs card, you will play roll play with the interviewer and try to convince them to open a stubs card. Got a call a couple days later and i was offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • everything was really easy, basic interview questions.   Answer Question
    minimum wage.

Film Crew Member Interview

I applied online - interviewed at AMC Entertainment in October 2013.

actually went well, have easy to talk to mangers, if you think about working, get to know the stubs program, that will determine if you get the job. they do this part well and do hire very very capable people.

Usher, Cashier, Box Office Associate Interview

Applied online and got a call about a group interview a week or two later. Went in with about 10 other people. Interview was a little hard for an usher position in my opinion plus some people there seemed overqualified plus were college graduates (but it might be because the job was at a theater in Downtown Disneyland); they asked about what movies mean to you and why they are important, etc. They also asked alot about customer service because they have a good rep for customer service. Said they would call people later that day for one on one interviews, but I never got a call back.

Interview Questions
    • "Have you ever had an example where you had a bad experience at a business but they fixed it with customer service?"   Answer Question

Worked for AMC Entertainment? Contribute to the Community!