AMC Entertainment Interview Questions

Updated Oct 16, 2014
Updated Oct 16, 2014

2.2

Full Time Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at AMC Entertainment.

Interview process consists of usually one face to face interview. If you are being promoted from within the company, the questions are general management/team experiences such as: Name a time you had to lead a difficult team, name a time when you disagreed with one of your supervisor's decisions, name a time you overcame a difficult problem, etc. They also tend to be questions such as "What is your biggest area for growth/weakest trait?" and "What can you contribute to the theatre?"

Interview Questions
    No negotiating when being promoted to an hourly manager position from within.

Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at AMC Entertainment in October 2014.

I applied online about 3-4 months ago. I was called on Monday to schedule an interview, which took place on Thursday. I got there 20 minutes early and they gave me some info to read about cashier, concessionist, and usher. They also gave me info about the amc stubs card. Luckily I read up about it online bc the pamphlet they gave me didn't have all the info that is on the amc website. I definitely recommend researching it before you go in for the interview bc a big part of the interview is knowing all about the stubs program. Anyways my interview probably lasted about 10-15 minutes... It was very simple. I totally aced the interview and impressed the GM with my extra knowledge about stubs. I took out all my piercings and gauges and wore a button up shirt with light makeup and a ponytail to show off my face. You should look semi professional, like you care about the job but don't wear a tuxedo or anything like that. definitely hide tattoos and piercings if possible. Make good eye contact and SMILE. the gm interviewing me said the most important quality they look for is friendly and outgoing people. She (the GM) told me that she will be calling all the interviewees tonight at 6 o'clock pm and letting us know if we made it or not... That's 3 hours from now! I'm pretty sure I got the job but please pray for me. Xo

tattoos and piercings if possible. up lLikr

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever been to a place with
      Long lines? How did that affect the way you viewed the place?
        View Answer
    • Have you ever been to a messy place of buisness? How did that make you feel?   View Answer
    • Role play with GM practicing selling stubs card. Most important question   View Answer
    • CAN YOU WORK HOLIDAYS AND WEEKENDS (extremely important)   View Answer
    • What is your proudest accomplishment?   View Answer
    You get minimum wage there is no negotiating in the beginning. Possibly move up positions and get better pay later on. Very flexible with you as. You can work as little or as much as you want.

Film Crew Member Interview

Applied online then within a week got a phone call about attending an interview. The interview was fairly easy. It was one-on-one with the GM and lasted about 20 minutes. Asked questions such as what makes horrible customer service, describe a place with horrible customer service, what are my favorite retail/restaurant places and why.

Interview Questions
    • While waiting to be interviewed, I was given a little pamphlet with details about the AMC Stubs program. They ask you to read it and memorize it. During the interview I was asked to recall the benefits of the program and we (me and the GM) role played where I had to pitch the program to guests.   Answer Question
    no negotiation phase

Film Crew Member Interview

I applied online – interviewed at AMC Entertainment.

Hiring process was pretty simple and easy. First I had a 10 minute phone interview with general questions about availability, my ability to perform the tasks of the job, etc. Then I had a 30 minute interview in person with general customer service questions. They called me back 4 days later and offered me the job.

Film Crew Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunrise, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunrise, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AMC Entertainment in September 2014.

I applied online and was contacted about two weeks later, asking several questions about my appearance, i.e did i have any tattoos, wild hairstyles, and if I would be comfortable wearing the uniform. After I answered each question, they asked if I wanted to come interview. There were about 5 of us and they talked to us all about the general policies and rules, then called us in one-by-one for an interview with 2 of the managers of that particular theater and 2 supervisors of the bigger theater.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time when a place you went to was dirty and how did it affect your opinion about that place?   Answer Question
    No negotiation

AMC Film Crew Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Bend, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Bend, IN

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at AMC Entertainment in September 2014.

Communications -
    I was called in hours after applying to the job online and a message was left (I was out). Called right back, was given an interview for about four days later.

Number of Interviews -
    One

Interview itself -
    I was directed from the lobby to the front desk, where a manager then sent me up to the "upstairs". I was told to wait and read some material, then sent on in. Interview did not last long (20ish minutes). No surprising questions.

Things to know -
    You will be expected to "sell" things to your interviewer. Read all the materials to "know how".

There wasn't a negotiation phase.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clifton, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clifton, NJ

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at AMC Entertainment in September 2014.

I applied online and I was waiting to hear back from AMC, so I called them a few days after applying and spoke to the hiring manager and ask if he got a chance to review my application, he reviewed it on the phone and gave me a interview he also asked a few questions like if I had any tatoos and for my availibilty. The interview was easy basic questions were asked and know the stubs card program!

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you had to wait in a long line?   View Answer
    • Name a time you had to walk into a dirty restaurant?   View Answer
    • Name something your proud of that you accomplished?   View Answer
    • Roleplay Stubs Card Program   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AMC Entertainment.

applied online on their website, got a call a few weeks later, then came in to the interview, they give you some papers to look over and they also give you info about the amc stubs card, in which you have to try selling them during the interview, the interview questions were really easy, they asked what would you do if you went into a dirty restaurant and what would you do if you were waiting in a long line, last question is about the amc stubs card, you will play roll play with the interviewer and try to convince them to open a stubs card. Got a call a couple days later and i was offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • everything was really easy, basic interview questions.   Answer Question
    minimum wage.

Usher, Cashier, Box Office Associate Interview

Applied online and got a call about a group interview a week or two later. Went in with about 10 other people. Interview was a little hard for an usher position in my opinion plus some people there seemed overqualified plus were college graduates (but it might be because the job was at a theater in Downtown Disneyland); they asked about what movies mean to you and why they are important, etc. They also asked alot about customer service because they have a good rep for customer service. Said they would call people later that day for one on one interviews, but I never got a call back.

Interview Questions
    • "Have you ever had an example where you had a bad experience at a business but they fixed it with customer service?"   Answer Question

Film Crew Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AMC Entertainment in August 2014.

I applied online and received a call back two weeks later. There was a phone interview which had questions like " if you have any face piercings or tattoos, are you able to cover them" and your availability. Then there is a one on one interview with a manager where you are asked about your experience waiting in long lines or shopping at a dirty place. At the end you have to sell the AMC stub. It doesn't matter if you get stuff wrong while selling just as long as you are confident and make it sound like you know what you are talking about.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. Maximum amount of hours you can work is 28 hours but each week schedule could be different.