AMC Entertainment Interview Questions

Updated Apr 15, 2015

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawrenceville, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at AMC Entertainment (Lawrenceville, GA).

Interview

Applied online. Came in to see if they were hiring, and was given an interview on the spot. Hiring manager was very friendly. I was asked a few questions and then was hired on the spot. Very quick process! Just remember to be confident, take a few seconds to answer a question if needed. Look professional! Business casual is fine. Also, don't come with your parent. If you do, don't let them do the talking. You need to look independent.

Interview Questions

• What is one instance where you went out of your way to help someone?   Answer Question

Film Crew Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at AMC Entertainment.

Interview

I was asked a series of 6-7 behavioral questions with a role play at the end to test for sales ability. The manager I interviewed with was very laid back and made me feel very comfortable. The end with the role play got a little awkward because I had no idea what I was talking about but I ended up doing okay, you just have to be able to talk about the benefits of their loyalty program.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you encountered long lines.   1 Answer

Film Crew Member Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at AMC Entertainment.

Interview

Relatively straight forward questions. I sat down to interview with one of the managers at the Cafe they had located towards the front entrance of the building. It was a safe bet that I printed out a copy of my resume previously to bring with in case the interviewer did not have a copy on hand.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little bit about yourself and your background?

What was one time you were in the shoes of a customer and received poor service and how did you react to this situation?

What brand are you loyal to (can be anything that you stick by)?

What was one time you had an angry customer and how did you handle it?

Describe the AMC Stubs Rewards program in detail.

Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate my own idea for the AMC Stubs Rewards program and how I believe the program worked.

Theatre Crew Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at AMC Entertainment.

Interview

I submitted an application and heard back a few days after, I scheduled an interview for a couple days after that. The hiring manager was very nice and she talked to me like a friend, rather than a prospecting employee. The atmosphere was very relaxed and I felt comfortable talking to other employees before my interview. The interview itself was very very quick and the questions were extremely easy. Basically, if you have a good attitude, you smile, and you don't look like a felon, you'll get the job.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to sell an AMC stubs card to the manger like she was a customer.   1 Answer

Flim Crew Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at AMC Entertainment.

Interview

Applied online received a call detailing the policy I had to accept was asked to go into a interview where I pitched the AMC stubs card in different scenarios one if you were a first time guest, or if you said "no" to the offer. Was asked how I felt personally about certain situations. Was called about three days later asked for my uniform shirt size and to come in and fill out paper work.

Interview Questions

• Pitch me the AMC Stubs card if I don't come to the movies often.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at AMC Entertainment (Alexandria, VA) in March 2015.

Interview

For AMC i applied online and got a call from 2 different amc theaters about 2 days after i had applied. So for the 1st AMC it was a Group interview with me and 4 others. It was very simple the managers do most of the talking. Mostly whats amc about what your job will be if you get it. We only had to introduce ourselves and tell a little bit about ourselves. Then about 30min they told us if they're gonna continue with us they will give us a call in 3 days or before. So the following day i had another interview but with a different AMC. This interview was 1 on 1 with a manager. He was actually really chill and laid back manager. So i wasn't really nervous. Just answerd simple customers service questions. Not hard at all. Also i had to pitch the AMC stubs program to the manager. Interview lasted about 25mins. And i was offered the job the following day. I did tell them i had a different interview with another amc the pervious day so they probably moved quickly to get me hired first. Lol

Interview Questions

• name a time you had to go above and beyond for a customer?   Answer Question
    • name a time where you had to talk to a complete stranger.   Answer Question
    • You have to pitch the AMC stubs program to the manager. role playing style.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There wasn't anything to negotiate. You start at 8.50 an hour. Free movies for you an your family. But you only get to bring 1 guest thats not in your family. Free popcorn and soda when you want it. Simple job.

Film Crew Member Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at AMC Entertainment.

Interview

Overall a very easy interview focused on costumer service and salesmenship. Read up on their Stubs reward program and familiarize yourself with it because you will be asked to try to sell one. I was offered a job on the spot because I was very "smiley"(the manager's words) but the mananger likes to make some people sweat and tell them they have a bunch of other interviews that day even if they don't. Just keep calm and be very friendly and you most likely got the job. It's a great first job but be prepared to have every one of your weekends taken up, especially over the summer.

Interview Questions

• Recall a time when you had less than great customer service.   Answer Question

Theatre Crew Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at AMC Entertainment (Chicago, IL).

Interview

The interview process wasn't anything an individual should stress about. First a candidate receives a phone call. They ask you basic questions like if you have any tattoos or funky hairstyles. If you match their ideal image, they schedule you for a one on one interview. During that interview they ask you a few scenario questions. They also ask you to sell the Stubs Card to them. Remember to just be yourself! Smile! There's nothing to worry about.

Busser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fullerton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at AMC Entertainment (Fullerton, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Was called in for an interview only a few days after applying online. Got to the interview a few minutes early and after waiting a short amount of time met with the manager who was very friendly and straightforward. The interview only took about 20 minutes and was very pleasant and comfortable, more like a friendly chat with someone.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you observed someone disobeying a company policy.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you went to a business and the service was slow or you had to wait in a long line.   Answer Question
    • What is your proudest accomplishment? (can be personal, business, school etc.)   Answer Question
    • Sell me on the AMC Stubbs card program.   Answer Question

Film Crew Member Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at AMC Entertainment.

Interview

It was a one-on-one with someone and she conducted the interview and took notes to share with the rest of the people making the hiring decision. There were other people there for an interview when I arrived and when I left. She asked me to sell the AMC membership to her and I forgot one of the benefits because I got nervous for some reason. Make sure you know the rewards program really well and practice selling it before the interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a bad experience you've had at a restaurant or business. Why do you think that problem existed?   Answer Question
    • Sell the AMC stubs program to me.   Answer Question