AMC Entertainment

Updated Jan 20, 2015
Updated Jan 20, 2015

2.2

Film Crew Interview

put in my app online, got a call asking little questions about availability and if i had any tattoos i could cover then set up a group interview. at the group interview they asked what your favorite movie was and put a lot of the questions on the stubs. then they call you if they want you for a one on one interview

Crew Interview

one interview on board. called in multiple times and got and they said my name was put on the board. Never got a call after that. I would make sure you have a glowing resume before trying to apply.

Film Crew Member Interview

I applied online – interviewed at AMC Entertainment.

I was called on the phone about going in for an interview a couple days after I applied. I went into the theater and was seated for a few minutes while I waited for a supervisor to conduct the interview. We went to a bench in between the theaters so there were guests walking in and out while the interview was happening. There was only one interview and after it was over they told me that I will be contacted if they decided that they wanted to go further into the interview process with me.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected question was when they asked to explain the benefits of their card to them and basically "sell" it to them. They give you a pamphlet while you wait for the supervisors and you are supposed to read about their card. I however was not expecting to have to "sell" it during the interview.   Answer Question

Usher/Greeter/Concession Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AMC Entertainment.

There were 3 interviews; the first one being a group, and last two were one-on-one or two-on-one. Very simple and repetitive questions were asked about experience, suggestive selling, and customer service.

Interview Questions
    • None, all were basic "What would do.." questions really.   Answer Question

I was offered $8.00/hr, couldn't get higher than that.

Film Crew - Busser Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AMC Entertainment in January 2015.

The interviewer was nice, the whole interview only took no more than 10 minutes. What the interviewer did is he basically just ask me questions on the application sheet and record my answers down. He asked me 4 questions and these questions are the ones that mentioned repeatedly by other people here. The questions were
    1. what's your greatest achievement?
    2. Have you ever been to a dirty restaurant? And how's your feeling about it?
    3. Name a time when you are on a long line and how's your feel toward it.
    4. Name a time when you have to interact with a total stranger.

Don't forget to keep a smile on your face and when you answer the question, don't just answer yes or no and how you feel, instead, you need to develop more, such as how would you suggest to solve this situation which makes you feel blah blah blah. Even though the interviewer didn't ask you to give a suggestion, but you need to find a way to impress him/her.

I got a full time job offer from another company.

Film Crew Interview

Applied online and received a phone call requesting an interview. I scheduled an interview for a few days later.
    My interviewer was a manager who was very sweet and personable.
    The atmosphere was generally relaxed.
    I felt comfortable before and during my interview.

Interview Questions
    • I believe the questions wanted you to recall particular times you encountered certain experiences   Answer Question

Film Crew Member Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at AMC Entertainment.

The interview process is as goes. You wait inside as all the other prospective employees start filling in. There are maybe about 20 other people who interview with you preliminary. Management, then, leads you into an empty theater and asks you to introduce yourself, your favorite movie and any other interesting thing about you. Those who answer with a certain flair or personality usually end up getting the job. The goal is to make yourself remembered. So, if everyone around you says their favorite movie is "Titanic". You can make a goofball of yourself and say you love "The Lego Movie." THAT stands out. Those who stand out then get called in for a second interview, which is a one-on-one interview with usually an assistant manager or supervisor.

That interview goes as follows:
    1) Why do you want to work at AMC?
    2) Sell me the AMC Stubs Card (their rewards program.) (The brochure is handed out at the beginning of the interview. READ it.)
    3) Have you ever had an experience at a store where there was a big line? Did the employees do anything to remedy the situation or make it easier?
    4) Have you ever been to a store where you had a bad experience and would you go there again? What could have the employee done to make the situation better?
    5) What is a good example of an in-store experience that you've had and would you go back there?
    6) What is your favorite movie?
    7) How is your availability?

Interview Questions
    • My interviewer threw me a curve ball. She asked me to sell the rewards cards and she said: "What if I don't want it?"

After I got the job, she apologized for asking that question. It had just come out in the spur of the moment and is not in their dossier of questions.

The more interesting question is this:

Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beltsville, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beltsville, MD

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at AMC Entertainment in December 2014.

I came well enough on time and way before the other person so i waited in the lobby for him to get done with the person before me. When he came out i shook his hand and he lead me to the back and upstairs to a room. He already knew my name because of the application so i didnt introduce myself. I kinda already knew what to expect because i read some of the questions on glassdoor post interview and i read up on their stub cards.

First he briefed me on their rules and regulations and the policies. Then he started the interview process. He asked me when have a ever been to a dirty restaurant and how did it make me feel. He asked me when have a ever waited in a long line and how did it make me feel and he also asked what was one of my major accomplishments and what obstacles did i have reaching them. He asked what i knew about amc then asked how would i feel about selling the stubs cards and what would i say to the customers. Because i knew so much about the stubs it impressed him. He also told me he had an interview after me and two more the next day. My interview was on a Tuesday and he said he would call Thursday so i should expect the call but they never called.

Film Crew Member Interview

I applied online – interviewed at AMC Entertainment.

Interview was pretty easy going, doesn't take more than 20 minutes. I applied online and was called within the next two weeks from what I remember. There are a fair few amount of questions such as recall a place that was dirty, how did it affect your view of the place and would you go back? and similar questions about a place with long lines. A question to learn about me was: what was something that i accomplished and was proud of? and the rest was fairly just getting to know the supervisors through small talk and laughs. It was a good experience as well as my first interview. I bet if I called back enough I would have worked but I had a lot on my plate

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. The question you have to look out for is when they ask you to sell them a stub card. After this question, they ask you to add a catch to your sell, to finally convince them. Watch out for the catch.   Answer Question

Film Crew Member Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at AMC Entertainment.

I applied online and received a call back the very next day. Interview lasted about 30 mins. I was Interviewed by one person in a back room. They asked about five to ten situational questions. A very easy and basic interview. I was hired on the spot and came back a couple of days later for training.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you saw another employee stealing or doing something they weren't suppose to?   Answer Question