AMC Entertainment

Updated Nov 20, 2014
Updated Nov 20, 2014

2.2

I applied online – interviewed at AMC Entertainment.

Interview was pretty easy going, doesn't take more than 20 minutes. I applied online and was called within the next two weeks from what I remember. There are a fair few amount of questions such as recall a place that was dirty, how did it affect your view of the place and would you go back? and similar questions about a place with long lines. A question to learn about me was: what was something that i accomplished and was proud of? and the rest was fairly just getting to know the supervisors through small talk and laughs. It was a good experience as well as my first interview. I bet if I called back enough I would have worked but I had a lot on my plate

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. The question you have to look out for is when they ask you to sell them a stub card. After this question, they ask you to add a catch to your sell, to finally convince them. Watch out for the catch.   Answer Question

Film Crew Member Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at AMC Entertainment.

I applied online and received a call back the very next day. Interview lasted about 30 mins. I was Interviewed by one person in a back room. They asked about five to ten situational questions. A very easy and basic interview. I was hired on the spot and came back a couple of days later for training.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you saw another employee stealing or doing something they weren't suppose to?   Answer Question

I applied online – interviewed at AMC Entertainment.

I was called on a random day over a month after I applied online. The manager scheduled me for an interview the next day. I went in, it was the manager, a film crew member and myself. They asked me why I wanted to work at AMC, she said I had a great interview and that they would call me by the following Saturday (4 days later). No call.

Interview Questions
    • Sell us AMC Perks.
      What if I'm disabled or ill and can't come to the movies?
      What if I can't really afford it right now?
        Answer Question

Film Crew Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at AMC Entertainment.

Pretty simple. You get one interview from a manager or supervisor basically seeing if you can perform the work at AMC. You also have to show that you are able to sell Stubs cards.

Interview Questions
    • How have you handled a difficult situation with a customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendora, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendora, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at AMC Entertainment in November 2014.

I applied online on the AMC website and I heard back after about a week or so. I got called to go to a group interview 5 days later. There were about 15 other people there and I heard they were hiring around 5-6. They asked what's my favorite movie, about what you do if you work box office, concessions and usher. I declined the offer mainly because some people out there needed the job more than I did. There were some people there who were around late 50s and early 60s. Since I already have another job, I didn't need it.

Interview Questions
    • What's the most important thing that an usher would do   Answer Question

Full Time Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at AMC Entertainment.

Interview process consists of usually one face to face interview. If you are being promoted from within the company, the questions are general management/team experiences such as: Name a time you had to lead a difficult team, name a time when you disagreed with one of your supervisor's decisions, name a time you overcame a difficult problem, etc. They also tend to be questions such as "What is your biggest area for growth/weakest trait?" and "What can you contribute to the theatre?"

Interview Questions
    No negotiating when being promoted to an hourly manager position from within.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monterey Park, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monterey Park, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at AMC Entertainment in October 2014.

group interview can be annoying since they only choose a couple and they don't generally ask you enough questions to get to know you. they basically only tell you about how the job works rather than asking you questions about yourself. its a personality test not a job interview

Film Crew Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at AMC Entertainment in October 2014.

Details
    I applied online a couple of months ago. I got a call back that on October 14. During the 10 minute phone call, the manager asked me if I had visible tattoos or piercings and if I was available on holidays and weekends. Also the dress code for my hair, nails, and attire. When arrived, I was given a AMC Stubs Card pamphlet in order to study. I wasn't familiar with the stubs program but I got through it. He asked me the same questions from the phone call. Then began asking me questions based on my past experiences and opinions. Lastly, I had to sell him the AMC stub card during role play. I thought my interview was exceptional. The man that interviewed me made me feel comfortable during the process. I was told that I would get a callback 2 days from then at 6 o'clock but I didn't. Good experience though.

Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at AMC Entertainment in October 2014.

I applied online about 3-4 months ago. I was called on Monday to schedule an interview, which took place on Thursday. I got there 20 minutes early and they gave me some info to read about cashier, concessionist, and usher. They also gave me info about the amc stubs card. Luckily I read up about it online bc the pamphlet they gave me didn't have all the info that is on the amc website. I definitely recommend researching it before you go in for the interview bc a big part of the interview is knowing all about the stubs program. Anyways my interview probably lasted about 10-15 minutes... It was very simple. I totally aced the interview and impressed the GM with my extra knowledge about stubs. I took out all my piercings and gauges and wore a button up shirt with light makeup and a ponytail to show off my face. You should look semi professional, like you care about the job but don't wear a tuxedo or anything like that. definitely hide tattoos and piercings if possible. Make good eye contact and SMILE. the gm interviewing me said the most important quality they look for is friendly and outgoing people. She (the GM) told me that she will be calling all the interviewees tonight at 6 o'clock pm and letting us know if we made it or not... That's 3 hours from now! I'm pretty sure I got the job but please pray for me. Xo

tattoos and piercings if possible. up lLikr

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever been to a place with
      Long lines? How did that affect the way you viewed the place?
        View Answer
    • Have you ever been to a messy place of buisness? How did that make you feel?   View Answer
    • Role play with GM practicing selling stubs card. Most important question   View Answer
    • CAN YOU WORK HOLIDAYS AND WEEKENDS (extremely important)   View Answer
    • What is your proudest accomplishment?   View Answer
    You get minimum wage there is no negotiating in the beginning. Possibly move up positions and get better pay later on. Very flexible with you as. You can work as little or as much as you want.

Usher/Concessions Interview Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AMC Entertainment in October 2014.

I applied online, got a call somewhere 2 weeks later of an interview, asked me about if my availability. got my interview with two managers and I was asked a few questions and said that they will call back Monday and if I didn't hear from them that means the position id filled.