AMC Entertainment Interview Questions & Reviews in Los Angeles, CA

2.6

25 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Woodland Hills, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodland Hills, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at AMC Entertainment in November 2012.

Called for an interview about 2 days after I applied. Went in, waited for about for about 20 minutes as the manager had to deal with other things at the time. I was given a AMC Stubs brochure to "study". Went to the managers office, he asked basic questions like, "why do you want to work for AMC...", "what were some of your greatest accomplishments", "how do you approach meeting new people" and things of that sort. I was then given the Stubs brochure to study again and then pitched him a sale. I was hired at the end of the interview, did the paperwork 3 days later, began training the next day.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult was trying to sale the Stubs Card on the spot given I was unfamiliar with the membership card and only had a few minutes to come up with a pitch.   Answer Question

AMC Film Crew Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Universal City, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Universal City, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at AMC Entertainment in April 2013.

Common business interview, (where do you see yourself in x amount of time, etc.) The big one would be when they ask you to sell them the Stubs card thats the only thing you have to worry about besides that nothing really special.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Santa Monica, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at AMC Entertainment in January 2013.

Group interview in a small room. two part interview. Same day hiring. Easy questions. Online Training. three days of actual training. Background check. no negotiation. lots of paper work. overall easy interview and hiring process.

Interview Questions
    • What is something that you've done for someone to make them smile?   View Answer
    There was no negotiation ,

AMC Film Crew Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Century City, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Century City, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at AMC Entertainment in April 2014.

Got called in for a group interview. I smiled at the managers and answered the questions with interest and positivity. Got called in for a second interview one on one the next day. I was very friendly and you want to answer the questions with confidence. Don't say um, or talk to long trying to explain. If you can sell the stubs card to the manager you should be able to get the job with ease. So go on youtube and type in sales pitch, study how they are able to sell the product with their voice, and facial gestures. Go read about the stubs card benefits and start practicing in front of a mirror.

Interview Questions
    • 1. Give me a time where you had to talk to somebody you didn't know?
      At the gym I'll say " Hi Im Blake, Nice to meet you"
      2. A time where a restaurant wash't clean?
      "Burger King, it was gross in there, flies inside, trash not picked up from tables, I never went back there again"
      3. A time where you had to wait for long lines?
      " At in n out, I was getting annoyed and angry that there taking so long to take an order"
      4. Your favorite movie?
      " Jurassic Park 3"
      5. Your favorite Superhero?
      " Batman because of his self discipline, and not having any super power, but he is still just as effective as a spiderman or superman"
      6. Sell me a stubs card
      Me" What movie would you be seeing today?"
      Customer " Captain America"
      Me" Do you have your stubs card with you?"
      Then you give the details on the stubs and why they should get it
      7. Why do you want to work at AMC?
      " I think the movies are sacred, and I want to peoples faces happy coming to AMC"
      8. Why should we hire you?
      Give your strengths.
      9. What are your weaknesses?
      " Id say I'm a perfectionist"
        Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Film Crew Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Woodland Hills, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Woodland Hills, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at AMC Entertainment in March 2014.

I applied in February, but I didn't get a call back until March 24. Anyway, I scheduled for an interview on a Saturday. I came here to look for questions and answers and I was very pleased. I figured the only way I could actually ace interviews is to get prepared, and that's what I did. I went in for the interview and the interviewer asked me 5 questions or more, depending on how you look at it.
    1. Tell me of a time you had to talk to someone you never met before.
    2. Tell me of a time when you had to accomplish a goal.
    3a. Tell me of a time when you had to wait in line for a long time
    3b. How did that make you feel?
    3c. What do you think the cashier could have done to make the lines shorter?
    4. Tell me of a time when you walked into a restaurant and it was dirty.
    5. Pretend I am a customer and you are an employee? Try to sell me a Stubs card.
    5a. But I don't go to the movies that often, so why should I buy a Stubs card?

Only the first question kinda threw me because I wasn't prepared for it. But now I got an answer for it. She told me that she would call me either today or tomorrow regarding the job, but I never got a call back, so I had to call them back.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me of a time you had to talk to someone you never met before.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Torrance, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Torrance, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at AMC Entertainment.

The Hiring process was stressful. There are 2-interviews. First is a group interview, then you'll be called in for a 1 on 1 interview. During the group interview, definitely be the Manager's pet. Make yourself stand out. Be the first to volunteer to answer every question. Answer all questions with confidence. After the interview, be sure to give a firm handshake with a smile to the manager and thank him/her for the opportunity.

Anonymous Employee  in  Woodland Hills, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Woodland Hills, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AMC Entertainment in December 2013.

I applied online and about three weeks later I got a call for an interview. They asked me about piercings and dress code I would have to abide by and then she scheduled me an interview for that Thursday. At the interview they handed me the pamphlet about the stubs program and had me review it because they were going to ask me questions about it. Then they took me up and to an interview room where I waited for the interview. The woman who interviewed me was very nice and I thought I did well but I think my availability limited me and I was not offered a position.

Interview Questions
    • Explain how you felt waiting in line at a store?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at AMC Entertainment in September 2013.

After filling out your application online, you receive a phone call by a manager. They ask if you would cover any tattoo's, be clean shaved, etc. They then ask if you're agreeing to be able to work on holidays. Afterwards, they ask if you're interested, and schedule a date for an interview. My interview was a group interview. There was six of us, and you get asked how you would handle certain scenario's, and asked how you've dealt with things relating to experiences you'll face as an employee with them. They occasionally talk among themselves, and evaluate those being interviewed.

Interview Questions
    • It's the Dark Knight Rises midnight release, a man comes up to you dressed as batman. Sell him his ticket, and pitch the Stubs card to him. (My manager asked this to one of the kids being interviewed, and pretended he was Batman)   Answer Question

AMC Theater Crew Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at AMC Entertainment in May 2013.

Applied online, got a call 2 days later.

For the AMC interview process, there are 2 different rounds of interviews.

The first round should have between 5-10 applicants and 1 or 2 employees training you. I would compare this section of the interview most to "icebreakers" in college and high school: activities where you go around the room and introduce yourself and something interesting (etc). You do some minor role play but nothing is difficult. In this part, they are just looking for people with good personalities.

After that first interview, you should hear back sometime in the next week. For me, I got a call later that day asking if I could come in for a 1 on 1 interview the following evening.

For the second interview, you will pitch the AMC Stubs program to the hiring manager given certain circumstances (doesn't go to the movies often, doesn't think he/she spends enough money for it to be worth it) and you have to sell it to the manager.

They will also ask some questions like: Have you ever been to a place that has great service? What was great about it? Bad service? What was bad about it?

What is your greatest accomplishment?

Why do you want to work at AMC?

What was the last movie you saw in theaters?

Be confident and outgoing and you will not have a problem with the interview. If you are shy, I recommend pitching the AMC Stubs program to a parent or friend first as practice.

When I was interviewed (at the beginning of the summer) they started all the new employees in Box Office. If they change it around, the interview will actually get easier if you don't have to sell the AMC Stubs card.

Good luck!

Interview Questions
    • Pitch the AMC Stubs program to me given that I am a guest who doesn't typically go to the movies.   View Answer
    Immediately following my 1 on 1 interview with the general manager, she offered me a position at AMC.

There is no negotiation; minimum wage.

Anonymous Employee  in  Montebello, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Montebello, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AMC Entertainment.

The interviewer asked us three questions. The questions were "when have you had to convince someone to do something they didn't originally want to do". They ask that one to gauge how good you can be with a sales pitch. The second question was "recall a time when you went above and beyond for a customer/patron". The third one wanted you to recall a time you dealt with a dissatisfied customer. If you answered all of them, then you would be called for the second part of the interview, which requires you to pitch the AMC stubs rewards to the interviewer as if he was a customer. You were given some time before the interview to look over a pamphlet that had all the information about the rewards program, but look it up on their website beforehand.

Interview Questions
    • How have you dealt with a dissatisfied customer before?   View Answer

Worked for AMC Entertainment? Contribute to the Community!