AMD ASIC Design Engineer Interview Questions

ASIC Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at AMD in April 2013.

Interview

contacted by manager via email. First, half an hour of phone interview, with basic asic design questions and some general computer architecture knowledge questions. Onsite interview came two weeks later. First round of onsite took 3 hours, second round of onsite interview took 2 hours. Most of the interviewers ask about my projects on resume, then some asic design questions.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for AMD

ASIC Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at AMD.

Interview

I applied through university. Just had one interview. There were two interviews and both of them were nice. Both of them were Hardware Engineers. I am mainly focused on Software. But this position required both HW and SW skills so I was interested. They asked me a mixture of hardware and software questions. Mainly hardware. They asked me to write Verilog and C. Most of the questions were pretty straightforward and basic.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to write the Verilog code for a D-Flip Flop. I had forgottend verilog, so I asked them if I could write it in pseudo-code. I dervied and wrote the code from first principles. I think this impressed them.   Answer Question

I got another offer from another company that was paying more.