AMD Interview Questions & Reviews in Austin, TX

3.1

63 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AMD in January 2010.

one interview then group interviews with 5 people from the group. Met with the hiring manager briefly. Did not hear anything for 3 weeks, internal recruiter said they were busy on other projects. Hiring manager call and extended a offer...no compensation mentioned "HR will iron that out" Turned out he was one of the worse managers in my career

Hiring bonus, base

Senior Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at AMD in May 2012.

2 phone screens, 7 people interviewed me in person; lasted from 7:45AM to 2PM. Got offer in 1-2 weeks. It was very pleasant ; and I liked Austin, TX a lot. Team is highly technical and in general will not take BSing well. Some questions on brainteasers but mostly technical hardware and software related.

Interview Questions
    • About trace driven vs execution driven modeling. Trace driven modeling is faster; and but is less realistic due to not exploring bad paths during branch prediction. Execution driven modeling usually requires the existence of a functional model - in addition to a timing model to do neat things like sampling etc.   View Answer
    negotiate frills; like vacation.

SMTS Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 months - interviewed at AMD.

I worked there previously. I was referred by a manager. People checked with their peers who'd worked with me before and then interviewed me over the phone. I was re-hired without an onsite interview.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4 days - interviewed at AMD in May 2011.

Three phone interviews. First by the recruiter, second by the Senior Manager, and third by the immediate manager. The first round was just general questionnaire, second round was more of related to the position and what you were expected to do. The third round was more of getting to know you better before they made an offer.

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at AMD.

After a brief phone screen, you move on to the on-site interview. These interviews are intense - generally 5 or 6 one hour interviews with engineers and managers of all levels. Very technical. Make sure to study up. If you get stuck, the interviewer will help spur you on - they want to know how you reason through a problem if you don't already know the answer.

Interview Questions
    • "Have you ever looked at how a real processor is designed?" (in response to a description of my graduate design project. Out of the 5 or 6 interviews, at most one will try to push your buttons, and maybe none. But be ready to handle yourself in case it happens.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at AMD.

Submitted resume through university contact. They got back to me immediately and a phone interview was scheduled in one week. All communication was through e-mail. The interview was strictly a skill test focused on just the basic questions on posted requirements.

IT Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at AMD in April 2014.

Phone interview with recruiter went great - or so I thought. We spoke for 45 minutes and he said I would hear something in 24-48 hours about next steps. The recruiter asked me questions that were indicative of being interested in moving forward. After a week of not hearing anything, I contacted him. He said he'd follow up and again, never heard back. I would've appreciated a "thanks but no thanks" instead of letting me wonder what happened!

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult, just caught off guard that I was asked the following questions in a phone screen: How many square feet is your house? How many bedrooms, bathrooms, etc. What's your current salary? What salary are you expecting? How much is your bonus? How many people would be moving with you? How many other companies are you currently interviewing with?   View Answer

Co-Op Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ months - interviewed at AMD in November 2013.

Four phone interviews, with basic engineering questions about software development/electrical engineering.

Interview Questions
    I didn't negotiate just accepted.

Product Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

interviewed at AMD in April 2013.

I was first contacted by my interviewer via email. He was quick to respond, and after a few exchanges we set up a phone interview. It was a quick interview, he simply asked questions about some of the more major points on my resume. Otherwise it was mostly a casual conversation, and I received an offer within approximately a week and a half of the interview.

Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at AMD in November 2013.

Got a call through employee referral.

Interview Questions

Worked for AMD? Contribute to the Community!