AMD

2.7

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior ASIC Design Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boxborough, MA

I applied online – interviewed at AMD in May 2014.

I was contacted by email that asked me to schedule a phone interview. I also received a call form the recruiter regarding interview scheduling. I was told that the interview would be mainly a general one and nothing technical would be asked. Some of the questions asked in the interview-
    - Why do you think you are most suitable for this job?
    - How are your skills relevant to this position?
    The questions were easy and mostly of HR type. Never heard back from the company regarding their decision.

Interview Questions
    • (Unexpected) What the types of caches?   View Answer

Design Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boxborough, MA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at AMD in December 2011.

I had 2 phone interviews over 4 weeks. Generally discussed about current research projects. I was invited to meet the team in Boxborough, MA in December. I had around 7 personal interviews including one during lunch. The interviewers were pretty good asked questions on microarchitecture, projects, object oriented concepts, verification and logic design.
    I was informed by the recruiter that they'll have a decision by next day. I was told that the team was interested in my candidacy but wanted to conduct one more interview over Skype. I didn't here back from them for about 4 weeks when they told me that they have already identified a other candidate.
    Overall it was very poor and unprofessional job by the team manager and the recruiter.

Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boxborough, MA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at AMD in May 2010.

Applied online for internship. Was questioned on basic logic design. Few other verification related questions. Was also given a puzzle to solve. The interviewer was very encouraging. Talked about my course work. Also asked a lot of basic questions about computer architecture. Also a few questions regarding the object oriented programming. Concepts like inheritance, polymorphism, operator overloading etc.

Interview Questions
    • Would you prefer to have setup or hold violations after the chip is manufactured?   View Answer
    • How would you verify a 3 bit and 64 bit adder? Would you adopt the same strategy?   View Answer