AMD

AMD Design Engineer Interview Questions

3.2

13 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at AMD.

After a brief phone screen, you move on to the on-site interview. These interviews are intense - generally 5 or 6 one hour interviews with engineers and managers of all levels. Very technical. Make sure to study up. If you get stuck, the interviewer will help spur you on - they want to know how you reason through a problem if you don't already know the answer.

Interview Questions
  • "Have you ever looked at how a real processor is designed?" (in response to a description of my graduate design project. Out of the 5 or 6 interviews, at most one will try to push your buttons, and maybe none. But be ready to handle yourself in case it happens.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for AMD

Design Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at AMD.

Interview happened as a part of the rush, where they collect a large number of free resumes and invite them for interviews. I had 5 interviews, back to back. All the people, I met were nice and the questions were mostly related to computer architecture and C/C++ programming. The entire process was very smooth and well organized.

Design Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at AMD.

nice building in sunnyvale ca. manager is keep qestioning my current tiltle as it sounds not in proportion to my working years. Got the onsite very easy but onsite itself is not smooth. Some engineer would keep asking your the past project details which I couldn't reveal due to NDA.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at AMD in August 2011.

two phone screening interviews followed by of 8 1:1 on-site interview (day long).

Interview Questions
    • General questions about resume and a few comp arch questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AMD in January 2011.

Telephonic as well as 5 1:1 onsite interviews were pretty straight forward. Questions were nice with varied difficulty level. It included Computer Architecture, Verilog, C, Perl and general behavioral questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at AMD in August 2009.

phone screen -- onsite interview(day long..meet with ~6-8 people. extremely technical.

Design Engineer Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at AMD in March 2008.

I had a phone interview which lasted for about 30 minutes in which a senior design engineer interviewed me. He mostly went over my resume and gauged my experience. Later in 2 weeks i got a call from the HR person and an onsite was scheduled. The onsite interview consisted of 6 rounds. The first was with the HR person with a look over of company benefits, etc. After which different people from the team interviewed me. 2 managers interviewed me to see if I could be a fit for either team.

Design Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at AMD.

online application ...received email for phone interview in about 3 weeks. followed by phone interview. expect tech qs in phone interview...after 4 weeks received notice for on-site interview..day long interviews.. mostly all technical... Entire process took about 2 1/2 months.

Design Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at AMD.

I was hired during one of the rush sessions which AMD is known for, where lots and lots of new grads come to an AMd campus and are interviewed.

None

Design Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at AMD.

Got an email for a phone interview. Set it up real quick. It last about 45 mins. Detailed computer architecture concepts on pipelining, cache design, out-of-order. Mealy-Moore advantages and disadvantages. Not too tough if your basics are good.

Interview Questions
    • Give some examples of test vectors you may want to use to verify a CPU cache   Answer Question