AMD

Average Difficulty
13 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at AMD.

Interview Details – After a brief phone screen, you move on to the on-site interview. These interviews are intense - generally 5 or 6 one hour interviews with engineers and managers of all levels. Very technical. Make sure to study up. If you get stuck, the interviewer will help spur you on - they want to know how you reason through a problem if you don't already know the answer.

Interview Question – "Have you ever looked at how a real processor is designed?" (in response to a description of my graduate design project. Out of the 5 or 6 interviews, at most one will try to push your buttons, and maybe none. But be ready to handle yourself in case it happens.   Answer Question

Design Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at AMD.

Interview Details – Interview happened as a part of the rush, where they collect a large number of free resumes and invite them for interviews. I had 5 interviews, back to back. All the people, I met were nice and the questions were mostly related to computer architecture and C/C++ programming. The entire process was very smooth and well organized.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary   Answer Question

Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at AMD in August 2009.

Interview Details – phone screen -- onsite interview(day long..meet with ~6-8 people. extremely technical.

Interview Question – understanding of Microprocessor architecture.   Answer Question

Design Engineer

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at AMD.

Interview Details – nice building in sunnyvale ca. manager is keep qestioning my current tiltle as it sounds not in proportion to my working years. Got the onsite very easy but onsite itself is not smooth. Some engineer would keep asking your the past project details which I couldn't reveal due to NDA.

Interview Question – NDA   Answer Question

Sunnyvale, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at AMD in August 2011.

Interview Details – two phone screening interviews followed by of 8 1:1 on-site interview (day long).

Interview Question – General questions about resume and a few comp arch questions   Answer Question

Austin, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AMD in January 2011.

Interview Details – Telephonic as well as 5 1:1 onsite interviews were pretty straight forward. Questions were nice with varied difficulty level. It included Computer Architecture, Verilog, C, Perl and general behavioral questions.

Interview Question – Questions related to OOPS   Answer Question

Design Engineer

The process took a day - interviewed at AMD in March 2008.

Interview Details – I had a phone interview which lasted for about 30 minutes in which a senior design engineer interviewed me. He mostly went over my resume and gauged my experience. Later in 2 weeks i got a call from the HR person and an onsite was scheduled. The onsite interview consisted of 6 rounds. The first was with the HR person with a look over of company benefits, etc. After which different people from the team interviewed me. 2 managers interviewed me to see if I could be a fit for either team.

Interview Question – Describe different Built-in Self - Test methods.   Answer Question

Design Engineer

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at AMD.

Interview Details – online application ...received email for phone interview in about 3 weeks. followed by phone interview. expect tech qs in phone interview...after 4 weeks received notice for on-site interview..day long interviews.. mostly all technical... Entire process took about 2 1/2 months.

Interview Question – Tell me about your most recent vacation.   Answer Question

Design Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at AMD.

Interview Details – I was hired during one of the rush sessions which AMD is known for, where lots and lots of new grads come to an AMd campus and are interviewed.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Design Engineer

I applied online and interviewed at AMD.

Interview Details – Got an email for a phone interview. Set it up real quick. It last about 45 mins. Detailed computer architecture concepts on pipelining, cache design, out-of-order. Mealy-Moore advantages and disadvantages. Not too tough if your basics are good.

Interview Question – Give some examples of test vectors you may want to use to verify a CPU cache   Answer Question

Worked for AMD? Contribute to the Community!