AMD

Relevance Date Difficulty

Director Interview

Director
Austin, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AMD in November 2009.

Interview Details – The interview process started out with a couple of telephone interviews. The interviews focused on skills, knowledge, and similar normal interview questions. The people I talked to spent a lot of time talking about the organization they wanted me to join and the challenges they were facing, and they were very upfront.

Interview Question – Spent about 15 minutes getting into the specifics of how I would fix a very particular problem they were facing, and they had some ideas already for what they expected for an answer.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Director Interview

Director
Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at AMD in February 2009.

Interview Details – I was referred to the org through a friend, and applied via their website. Within a period of two weeks, I received a call from the recruitment team. I was given a traditional interview screen consisting on my main strengths, work and product background, current position, and reasons for leaving (only got into my current compensation late in the process).

A few days after that, I was screened by the hiring manager. Following that I came in for a day of interviews (5 -6 people). A week following I received an offer, and had flexibility to negotiate some aspects. Had to pass a background check before it became official. All total, it took about a month or so for the whole process.... again, very traditional.

Interview Question – I don't recall there being any "difficult" questions... I seem to remember that some of the questions were repeated by different interviewers.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation phase was pretty easy. It isn't a hard culture, and they genuinely want you coming in believing you are being fairly paid.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at AMD

Worked for AMD? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at AMD Director interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by AMD employees and interview candidates.