Interviews for Top Jobs at AMD
- Software Engineer (15)
- Design Engineer II (14)
- Design Engineer (13)
- Co-Op Engineer (11)
- Senior Design Engineer (8)
- Intern (8)
- Member of Technical Staff (8)
- Engineer (7)
- Verification Engineer (7)
- Engineering (6)
- Product Development Engineer (6)
- Marketing Manager (6)
- Co-Op (5)
- Design Verification Engineer (4)
- Hardware Engineer (3)
- Senior Product Development Engineer (3)
- Senior Verification Engineer (3)
- Physical Design Engineer (3)
- Program Manager (3)
- Member of Technical Staff ASIC/Layout Design Engineer (2)
- Circuit Designer (2)
- Senior Manager (2)
- ASIC/Layout Design Engineer II (2)
- Senior Software Development Engineer (2)
- Senior Software Engineer (2)
- Analog Design Engineer (2)
- ASIC Design Engineer (2)
- Senior Engineer (2)
- Product Development Engineer II (2)
- Project Manager (2)
Education Intern Interview
I applied online. The process took a day – interviewed at AMD.
The position I was applying for was an Education Intern back in Summer 2012. This was in regards to a position that was very research intensive. They were very prompt, within a day I received an interview request.
I think, due to my resume and the past projects I've worked on (which were very research intensive), the interview was more behavioral. A few questions that I remember they asked include:
1. Tell me a little about yourself.
2. Please describe your most recent project.
3. Please describe a situation in which you faced a problem and how you resolved it.
The woman I spoke with was very upfront about how I have the experience she was looking for and entertained a few questions from me about the position and the company.
- I didn't experience any difficult or unexpected questions. Answer Question
Although this is a great position, after careful deliberation upon receiving the job offer, I declined for the reason that this position wasn't exactly in the industry or the position that I wanted.