AMD Electrical Engineering Intern Interview Questions & Reviews

1 interview

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Electrical Engineering Intern Interview

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at AMD in September 2011.

Got a phone call requesting a relatively immediate interview from a member of the operations team (i had no previous contact from them, for example with an HR person), so I had to schedule for a weekend phone interview.
After briefly describing their responsibilities -- test/verification-- went straight into technical questions regarding basic device physics -- transistors, bandgap, fermi level, etc, and was a bit caught off guard.
Was expecting hardware type topics (since I applied to mostly these positions) so I was not at all brushed up on some of these fundamentals. Interviewer was not very friendly or helpful and was very condescending when I had trouble remembering some of these topics since it had been a year since i had taken a related course. Know all your basics and you should be OK

Interview Questions

Worked for AMD? Contribute to the Community!