AMD

Getting the Interview

1 candidate interview Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Electrical Engineering Intern Interview

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at AMD in September 2011.

Interview Details – Got a phone call requesting a relatively immediate interview from a member of the operations team (i had no previous contact from them, for example with an HR person), so I had to schedule for a weekend phone interview.
After briefly describing their responsibilities -- test/verification-- went straight into technical questions regarding basic device physics -- transistors, bandgap, fermi level, etc, and was a bit caught off guard.
Was expecting hardware type topics (since I applied to mostly these positions) so I was not at all brushed up on some of these fundamentals. Interviewer was not very friendly or helpful and was very condescending when I had trouble remembering some of these topics since it had been a year since i had taken a related course. Know all your basics and you should be OK

Interview Question – what is bandgap   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at AMD

Worked for AMD? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at AMD Electrical Engineering Intern interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by AMD employees and interview candidates.