AMD Engineering Interview Questions

3.2

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at AMD (Austin, TX) in January 2009.

Interview

Phone interviews were brief, about thirty minutes with half of that being technical questions. Once I was invited for an on-site interview the process was to have one on one interviews with six different engineers from the overall group with the job opening. Each of those interviews was 45 minutes to an hour long. Very technical, but not aggressive. Overall I thought all of the engineers I met were very bright and it would have been a great place to work had an offer been extended after my interview.

Interview Questions

• Draw a two stage folded cascode opamp design including a bias network and explain the device sizing.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for AMD

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at AMD in November 2011.

Interview

Although it is AMD staff find my resume online and arrange this interview, the hiring manager does not have a position related to my experience and expectation. So the interview lasted about a hour and half and we both know there would be no result. But at least, the interviewer still showed respect and I learned something from it.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at AMD in July 2011.

Interview

I had two interviews face to face with two different people including my future boss. I then had a site visit where I had to interview one by one with other potential team members.

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at AMD in March 2011.

Interview

Not much technical questions, many questions about my resume. So to prepare question about content on your resume well will help!

Interview Questions

• Explain the most difficult part of your project listed in your resume about circuit design   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AMD (Singapore (Singapore)) in January 2011.

Interview

Interview Questions were focused on analytical thinking, logical thinking and everything from basics.

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at AMD in December 2010.

Interview

Great friendly panel. Direct and straightforward questions

Interview Questions

• what is the binary number of 01010101 divided by decimal 2   2 Answers
    • write is program to sort numbers from largest to smallest   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at AMD (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in August 2010.

Interview

I am still at the first level and I was interviewed by a HR Manager. I was told I'll be contacted for the next step and I am still waiting.

Engineering Interview

Application

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at AMD in June 2010.

Interview

one phone interview. A full day onsite interview.

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AMD in April 2010.

Interview

I was internal referral, so I came past HR quick. After that there were 4 phone interviews, all 1:1. There was no on-site interview, because mainly my university was too far from the site and at the time that wasn't so possible. The first phone interview was a senior director, took 1 hour, basically evaluate me as a person, get to further know my backgrounds and stuff. Three more phone interviews, around half an hour each, more focused on my tech background and skills.

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at AMD in March 2010.

Interview

I received an email to schedule a one-hour phone interview. The hiring manager went through my resume and asked questions about previous course projects. He also asked technical questions on logic design. The difficulty of the questions is reasonable. Focus on the basic stuff.

Interview Questions

• what is the disadvantage of cache associativity?   1 Answer