AMD

13 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Difficult Interview

Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at AMD in January 2009.

Interview Details – Phone interviews were brief, about thirty minutes with half of that being technical questions. Once I was invited for an on-site interview the process was to have one on one interviews with six different engineers from the overall group with the job opening. Each of those interviews was 45 minutes to an hour long. Very technical, but not aggressive. Overall I thought all of the engineers I met were very bright and it would have been a great place to work had an offer been extended after my interview.

Interview Question – Draw a two stage folded cascode opamp design including a bias network and explain the device sizing.   Answer Question

Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AMD in January 2011.

Interview Details – Interview Questions were focused on analytical thinking, logical thinking and everything from basics.

Interview Question – Everything from basics   Answer Question

Engineering

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at AMD in June 2010.

Interview Details – one phone interview. A full day onsite interview.

Interview Question – what could cause memory leaks?   Answer Question

Engineering

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at AMD in December 2010.

Interview Details – Great friendly panel. Direct and straightforward questions

Interview Questions

Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at AMD in November 2011.

Interview Details – Although it is AMD staff find my resume online and arrange this interview, the hiring manager does not have a position related to my experience and expectation. So the interview lasted about a hour and half and we both know there would be no result. But at least, the interviewer still showed respect and I learned something from it.

Interview Question – something related to technical design.   Answer Question

Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at AMD in July 2011.

Interview Details – I had two interviews face to face with two different people including my future boss. I then had a site visit where I had to interview one by one with other potential team members.

Interview Question – Coming up with an algorithm.   Answer Question

Engineering

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at AMD in January 2009.

Interview Details – digital electronics basics and object oriented programming concepts

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – no negotiations

Engineering

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at AMD in March 2011.

Interview Details – Not much technical questions, many questions about my resume. So to prepare question about content on your resume well will help!

Interview Question – Explain the most difficult part of your project listed in your resume about circuit design   Answer Question

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at AMD in August 2010.

Interview Details – I am still at the first level and I was interviewed by a HR Manager. I was told I'll be contacted for the next step and I am still waiting.

Interview Question – professional and job experience   Answer Question

Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at AMD in August 2008.

Interview Details – I was brought to site and interviewed for a whole day with hiring manager and other staff members. Overall the process was easy and friendly. It took about 30 days to get the offer.

Worked for AMD? Contribute to the Community!