AMD Engineering Interview Questions

3.2

13 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Austin, TX
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at AMD in January 2009.

Phone interviews were brief, about thirty minutes with half of that being technical questions. Once I was invited for an on-site interview the process was to have one on one interviews with six different engineers from the overall group with the job opening. Each of those interviews was 45 minutes to an hour long. Very technical, but not aggressive. Overall I thought all of the engineers I met were very bright and it would have been a great place to work had an offer been extended after my interview.

Interview Questions
  • Draw a two stage folded cascode opamp design including a bias network and explain the device sizing.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for AMD

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AMD in January 2011.

Interview Questions were focused on analytical thinking, logical thinking and everything from basics.

Engineering Interview

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at AMD in June 2010.

one phone interview. A full day onsite interview.

Engineering Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at AMD in December 2010.

Great friendly panel. Direct and straightforward questions

Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at AMD in November 2011.

Although it is AMD staff find my resume online and arrange this interview, the hiring manager does not have a position related to my experience and expectation. So the interview lasted about a hour and half and we both know there would be no result. But at least, the interviewer still showed respect and I learned something from it.

Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at AMD in July 2011.

I had two interviews face to face with two different people including my future boss. I then had a site visit where I had to interview one by one with other potential team members.

Engineering Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at AMD in January 2009.

digital electronics basics and object oriented programming concepts

no negotiations

Engineering Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at AMD in March 2011.

Not much technical questions, many questions about my resume. So to prepare question about content on your resume well will help!

Interview Questions
    • Explain the most difficult part of your project listed in your resume about circuit design   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at AMD in August 2010.

I am still at the first level and I was interviewed by a HR Manager. I was told I'll be contacted for the next step and I am still waiting.

Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at AMD in August 2008.

I was brought to site and interviewed for a whole day with hiring manager and other staff members. Overall the process was easy and friendly. It took about 30 days to get the offer.

Worked for AMD? Contribute to the Community!