AMD Intern Interview Questions

Updated Apr 26, 2015

2.7

Intern Interview

Interview

Phone interview and then Meetup. Informal and very relaxing. Asked some technical questions as well as behavioral. Great experience and felt un-pressured. Answered all questions moderately well, but didn't get contacted back.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for AMD

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AMD.

Interview

Was called about the position...had to make some changed with school...but got the offer and accepted...It was just a phone interview not to many technical questions asked

Interview Questions

• What was the class you had the worst experience with and why   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at AMD (Austin, TX) in May 2011.

Interview

Three phone interviews. First by the recruiter, second by the Senior Manager, and third by the immediate manager. The first round was just general questionnaire, second round was more of related to the position and what you were expected to do. The third round was more of getting to know you better before they made an offer.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at AMD (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in December 2014.

Interview

I appplied to n internship position through school. Received interview request with in 2 days. I was interviewed by the panel of two; supervisor and manager. Interviews starts with technical questions followed by behavioral questions. Overall interview process was ok.

Interview Questions

• They gave me 5 technical questions written on a paper and I have to solve it. Questions were related to MOSFET, D latch, timing diagram e.t.c After that a bunch of behavioural question including why AMD, why electrical engineering, what would you do if there is conflict in a group, and some questions from group project and work experience written on resume.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at AMD (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in November 2014.

Interview

Applied through University/college career portal. Got the interview around a week later. There was the project manager and another employee at the interview. They talked about the position a little. Was not a very technical interview. Asked about resume and projects that were completed. Asked about what I knew about AMD and chips.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at AMD.

Interview

Applied through the school internship program job board. Had an on-campus interview with an engineer. Talked about my past experiences, then went onto questions regarding digital logic and Verilog programming. Then I was invited for an on-site visit to meet the team and check out the work environment. Received an offer a few weeks later.

Interview Questions

• A vending machine takes pennies, nickles, dimes and quarters. A can of pop costs 25 cents. When the amount of money inserted is equal to 25 cents, the machine dispenses the pop. When the amount of money is over 25 cents, the machine dispenses the pop and change. Draw the state diagram for the vending machine.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Asked basic behavioural questions. Phone interview, then in person interview. In addition asked some technical questions regarding circuits and basic understanding of theory. No unexpected trick questions. Should prepare for interview by reading up on textbooks or literature.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at AMD in January 2012.

Interview

I presented research to members of the company. I then had subsequent phone interviews and I am awaiting an offer. The experience was positive.

Interview Questions

• Describe the difference between cache coherence and memory consistency?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at AMD in February 2010.

Interview

very positive. some technical questions. more behavioral