AMD

257 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Co-Op Engineer Interview

Co-Op Engineer

I applied through other source - interviewed at AMD in July 2014.

Interview Details – Interview went on smooth but coming to result dont know why they delay. we dont even know whether we are rejected or under consideration for the position. AMD should improve its interaction with the candidates. They donot even respond to emails once the interview is done.

Interview Question – why AMD and why not others   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Marketing Manager
Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AMD in January 2010.

Interview Details – one interview then group interviews with 5 people from the group. Met with the hiring manager briefly. Did not hear anything for 3 weeks, internal recruiter said they were busy on other projects. Hiring manager call and extended a offer...no compensation mentioned "HR will iron that out" Turned out he was one of the worse managers in my career

Interview Question – Pretty vanilla questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Hiring bonus, base

Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview

Senior Member of Technical Staff

I applied online - interviewed at AMD in April 2011.

Interview Details – The hiring and interview process at AMD was implemented quite well. It was handled professionally by the human resource recruiter. First I was contacted by the hiring manager.
Then the HR recruiter setup my first on-site interview with the manager and a few critical engineers.

My first on-site interview was quite technical since I was interviewed with all engineers.
There was a lot of detailed discussion of my previous designs. I was asked to draw
detail circuits from my previous designs on the black board and discussed these circuits
in details.

In conclusion, the interview process at AMD was similar to interviews at other companies.

Interview Question – Some of the technical questions were quite challenging.   Answer Question

Co-Op Engineer Interview

Co-Op Engineer

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AMD.

Interview Details – I had just one interview in which the interviewer tried to estimate my academic experience in the fields of physical design and verification. Some other skills like working on Linux and knowledge in scripting are also tested.
I had a complete review of my resume.

Interview Question – Nothing too difficult.   Answer Question

Senior Design Engineer Interview

Senior Design Engineer
Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at AMD.

Interview Details – Standard interview questions for programming job. One debugging question. One recursion question. One problem with using gates (come up with some logic). About 6 people. 1 person takes you for lunch at the cafeteria. Hiring process was overall ok. I got proper phone and/or email updates during the process. overall experience was ok. Interviewers were sort of "normal" in the sense that they weren't intimidating nor ultra friendly - just had a normal interviewer poker face.

Interview Question – There wasn't anything extremely difficult of unexpected or out of ordinary.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – they check your last company (at least, if not all) salary, so don't lie.

Coop Interview

Coop

Interviewed at AMD

Interview Details – The whole process took about 30 days. First a HR round for about 20 minutes and a phone screen of about 75 minutes. After getting selected there is background check.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected   Answer Question

Senior Design Engineer Interview

Senior Design Engineer
Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at AMD in May 2012.

Interview Details – 2 phone screens, 7 people interviewed me in person; lasted from 7:45AM to 2PM. Got offer in 1-2 weeks. It was very pleasant ; and I liked Austin, TX a lot. Team is highly technical and in general will not take BSing well. Some questions on brainteasers but mostly technical hardware and software related.

Interview Question – About trace driven vs execution driven modeling. Trace driven modeling is faster; and but is less realistic due to not exploring bad paths during branch prediction. Execution driven modeling usually requires the existence of a functional model - in addition to a timing model to do neat things like sampling etc.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – negotiate frills; like vacation.

SMTS Development Engineer Interview

SMTS Development Engineer
Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at AMD.

Interview Details – I worked there previously. I was referred by a manager. People checked with their peers who'd worked with me before and then interviewed me over the phone. I was re-hired without an onsite interview.

Senior ASIC Design Verification Engineer Interview

Senior ASIC Design Verification Engineer
Boxborough, MA

I applied online - interviewed at AMD in May 2014.

Interview Details – I was contacted by email that asked me to schedule a phone interview. I also received a call form the recruiter regarding interview scheduling. I was told that the interview would be mainly a general one and nothing technical would be asked. Some of the questions asked in the interview-
- Why do you think you are most suitable for this job?
- How are your skills relevant to this position?
The questions were easy and mostly of HR type. Never heard back from the company regarding their decision.

Interview Question – (Unexpected) What the types of caches?   View Answer

Intern Interview

Intern
Austin, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 days - interviewed at AMD in May 2011.

Interview Details – Three phone interviews. First by the recruiter, second by the Senior Manager, and third by the immediate manager. The first round was just general questionnaire, second round was more of related to the position and what you were expected to do. The third round was more of getting to know you better before they made an offer.

Interview Question – What makes you apply for this position?   Answer Question

Worked for AMD? Contribute to the Community!