AMD

AMD Interview Questions

Updated Dec 7, 2014
Updated Dec 7, 2014

Sales Ops Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at AMD.

nothing unusual, very standard questions and interview process. one phone interview with HR recruiter and one on-site integer with a group of 5 people (sales and peers). the recruiter called for an offer and followed up by email. a very smooth process once accepted an offer.

Interview Questions
    • no unexpected question. if you know the job, you can answer them easily.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

It was very casual yet structured. I like my interview here better than else where where people treat interviewee like prisoners. It depends on the interviewer, but a lot of interviewers in other tech companies just can't communicate with people

Intern Interview

Phone interview and then Meetup. Informal and very relaxing. Asked some technical questions as well as behavioral. Great experience and felt un-pressured. Answered all questions moderately well, but didn't get contacted back.

Co-Op Engineer Interview

It was fairly simple. Got initial interview call from HR. He scheduled 30 mins of tech interview with the team I was part of. Asked me 3-4 questions on data structures, SQL, strings and Java. Got an offer

Design Engineer II Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at AMD.

1) 5 Rounds of interview covering software, verification, logic design, Computer Architecture and Physical Design (little)
    2) Logic Design round was difficult since tough questions about verilog coding and design using it were asked
    3) Computer Architecture - covered tomasulo, cache, pipeline, interrupts etc...
    4)Software - Toughest....questions asked were like how to design good application, how many lines of C++ code have you written, perl pattern matching questions

Co-Op Engineer Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AMD.

I had just one interview in which the interviewer tried to estimate my academic experience in the fields of physical design and verification. Some other skills like working on Linux and knowledge in scripting are also tested.
    I had a complete review of my resume.

Senior Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at AMD.

Standard interview questions for programming job. One debugging question. One recursion question. One problem with using gates (come up with some logic). About 6 people. 1 person takes you for lunch at the cafeteria. Hiring process was overall ok. I got proper phone and/or email updates during the process. overall experience was ok. Interviewers were sort of "normal" in the sense that they weren't intimidating nor ultra friendly - just had a normal interviewer poker face.

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't anything extremely difficult of unexpected or out of ordinary.   Answer Question
    they check your last company (at least, if not all) salary, so don't lie.

Coop Interview

The whole process took about 30 days. First a HR round for about 20 minutes and a phone screen of about 75 minutes. After getting selected there is background check.

Co-Op Engineer Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at AMD in July 2014.

Interview went on smooth but coming to result dont know why they delay. we dont even know whether we are rejected or under consideration for the position. AMD should improve its interaction with the candidates. They donot even respond to emails once the interview is done.

SMTS Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at AMD.

I worked there previously. I was referred by a manager. People checked with their peers who'd worked with me before and then interviewed me over the phone. I was re-hired without an onsite interview.