AMD

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Design Engineer Interview

Senior Design Engineer
Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at AMD.

Interview Details – Standard interview questions for programming job. One debugging question. One recursion question. One problem with using gates (come up with some logic). About 6 people. 1 person takes you for lunch at the cafeteria. Hiring process was overall ok. I got proper phone and/or email updates during the process. overall experience was ok. Interviewers were sort of "normal" in the sense that they weren't intimidating nor ultra friendly - just had a normal interviewer poker face.

Interview Question – There wasn't anything extremely difficult of unexpected or out of ordinary.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – they check your last company (at least, if not all) salary, so don't lie.

Coop Interview

Coop

Interviewed at AMD

Interview Details – The whole process took about 30 days. First a HR round for about 20 minutes and a phone screen of about 75 minutes. After getting selected there is background check.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected   Answer Question

Senior Design Engineer Interview

Senior Design Engineer
Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at AMD in May 2012.

Interview Details – 2 phone screens, 7 people interviewed me in person; lasted from 7:45AM to 2PM. Got offer in 1-2 weeks. It was very pleasant ; and I liked Austin, TX a lot. Team is highly technical and in general will not take BSing well. Some questions on brainteasers but mostly technical hardware and software related.

Interview Question – About trace driven vs execution driven modeling. Trace driven modeling is faster; and but is less realistic due to not exploring bad paths during branch prediction. Execution driven modeling usually requires the existence of a functional model - in addition to a timing model to do neat things like sampling etc.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – negotiate frills; like vacation.

SMTS Development Engineer Interview

SMTS Development Engineer
Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at AMD.

Interview Details – I worked there previously. I was referred by a manager. People checked with their peers who'd worked with me before and then interviewed me over the phone. I was re-hired without an onsite interview.

Senior ASIC Design Verification Engineer Interview

Senior ASIC Design Verification Engineer
Boxborough, MA

I applied online - interviewed at AMD in May 2014.

Interview Details – I was contacted by email that asked me to schedule a phone interview. I also received a call form the recruiter regarding interview scheduling. I was told that the interview would be mainly a general one and nothing technical would be asked. Some of the questions asked in the interview-
- Why do you think you are most suitable for this job?
- How are your skills relevant to this position?
The questions were easy and mostly of HR type. Never heard back from the company regarding their decision.

Interview Question – (Unexpected) What the types of caches?   View Answer

Intern Interview

Intern
Austin, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 days - interviewed at AMD in May 2011.

Interview Details – Three phone interviews. First by the recruiter, second by the Senior Manager, and third by the immediate manager. The first round was just general questionnaire, second round was more of related to the position and what you were expected to do. The third round was more of getting to know you better before they made an offer.

Interview Question – What makes you apply for this position?   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

Design Engineer
Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at AMD.

Interview Details – After a brief phone screen, you move on to the on-site interview. These interviews are intense - generally 5 or 6 one hour interviews with engineers and managers of all levels. Very technical. Make sure to study up. If you get stuck, the interviewer will help spur you on - they want to know how you reason through a problem if you don't already know the answer.

Interview Question – "Have you ever looked at how a real processor is designed?" (in response to a description of my graduate design project. Out of the 5 or 6 interviews, at most one will try to push your buttons, and maybe none. But be ready to handle yourself in case it happens.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Software Engineer Intern
Austin, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at AMD.

Interview Details – Submitted resume through university contact. They got back to me immediately and a phone interview was scheduled in one week. All communication was through e-mail. The interview was strictly a skill test focused on just the basic questions on posted requirements.

Interview Question – Very basic questions on your described skills.   Answer Question

IT Project Manager Interview

IT Project Manager
Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at AMD in April 2014.

Interview Details – Phone interview with recruiter went great - or so I thought. We spoke for 45 minutes and he said I would hear something in 24-48 hours about next steps. The recruiter asked me questions that were indicative of being interested in moving forward. After a week of not hearing anything, I contacted him. He said he'd follow up and again, never heard back. I would've appreciated a "thanks but no thanks" instead of letting me wonder what happened!

Interview Question – Nothing difficult, just caught off guard that I was asked the following questions in a phone screen: How many square feet is your house? How many bedrooms, bathrooms, etc. What's your current salary? What salary are you expecting? How much is your bonus? How many people would be moving with you? How many other companies are you currently interviewing with?   View Answer

Co-Op Design Engineer Interview

Co-Op Design Engineer

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at AMD.

Interview Details – Telephone interview and PERL and Shall Scripting

Interview Question – East questions, Resume discussion   Answer Question

Worked for AMD? Contribute to the Community!