AMD Interview Questions

Updated Oct 13, 2014
Updated Oct 13, 2014

Design Engineer II Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at AMD.

1) 5 Rounds of interview covering software, verification, logic design, Computer Architecture and Physical Design (little)
    2) Logic Design round was difficult since tough questions about verilog coding and design using it were asked
    3) Computer Architecture - covered tomasulo, cache, pipeline, interrupts etc...
    4)Software - Toughest....questions asked were like how to design good application, how many lines of C++ code have you written, perl pattern matching questions

Co-Op Engineer Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AMD.

I had just one interview in which the interviewer tried to estimate my academic experience in the fields of physical design and verification. Some other skills like working on Linux and knowledge in scripting are also tested.
    I had a complete review of my resume.

Senior Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at AMD.

Standard interview questions for programming job. One debugging question. One recursion question. One problem with using gates (come up with some logic). About 6 people. 1 person takes you for lunch at the cafeteria. Hiring process was overall ok. I got proper phone and/or email updates during the process. overall experience was ok. Interviewers were sort of "normal" in the sense that they weren't intimidating nor ultra friendly - just had a normal interviewer poker face.

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't anything extremely difficult of unexpected or out of ordinary.   Answer Question
    they check your last company (at least, if not all) salary, so don't lie.

Coop Interview

The whole process took about 30 days. First a HR round for about 20 minutes and a phone screen of about 75 minutes. After getting selected there is background check.

Co-Op Engineer Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at AMD in July 2014.

Interview went on smooth but coming to result dont know why they delay. we dont even know whether we are rejected or under consideration for the position. AMD should improve its interaction with the candidates. They donot even respond to emails once the interview is done.

SMTS Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at AMD.

I worked there previously. I was referred by a manager. People checked with their peers who'd worked with me before and then interviewed me over the phone. I was re-hired without an onsite interview.

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at AMD.

After a brief phone screen, you move on to the on-site interview. These interviews are intense - generally 5 or 6 one hour interviews with engineers and managers of all levels. Very technical. Make sure to study up. If you get stuck, the interviewer will help spur you on - they want to know how you reason through a problem if you don't already know the answer.

Interview Questions
    • "Have you ever looked at how a real processor is designed?" (in response to a description of my graduate design project. Out of the 5 or 6 interviews, at most one will try to push your buttons, and maybe none. But be ready to handle yourself in case it happens.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at AMD.

Submitted resume through university contact. They got back to me immediately and a phone interview was scheduled in one week. All communication was through e-mail. The interview was strictly a skill test focused on just the basic questions on posted requirements.

Senior ASIC Design Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boxborough, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boxborough, MA

I applied online – interviewed at AMD in May 2014.

I was contacted by email that asked me to schedule a phone interview. I also received a call form the recruiter regarding interview scheduling. I was told that the interview would be mainly a general one and nothing technical would be asked. Some of the questions asked in the interview-
    - Why do you think you are most suitable for this job?
    - How are your skills relevant to this position?
    The questions were easy and mostly of HR type. Never heard back from the company regarding their decision.

Interview Questions
    • (Unexpected) What the types of caches?   View Answer

IT Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at AMD in April 2014.

Phone interview with recruiter went great - or so I thought. We spoke for 45 minutes and he said I would hear something in 24-48 hours about next steps. The recruiter asked me questions that were indicative of being interested in moving forward. After a week of not hearing anything, I contacted him. He said he'd follow up and again, never heard back. I would've appreciated a "thanks but no thanks" instead of letting me wonder what happened!

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult, just caught off guard that I was asked the following questions in a phone screen: How many square feet is your house? How many bedrooms, bathrooms, etc. What's your current salary? What salary are you expecting? How much is your bonus? How many people would be moving with you? How many other companies are you currently interviewing with?   View Answer