AMD

Getting the Interview

239 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Co-Op Design Engineer Interview

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at AMD.

Interview Details – Telephone interview and PERL and Shall Scripting

Interview Question – East questions, Resume discussion   Answer Question

Senior Mask Designer Interview

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at AMD.

Interview Details – Phone Interview followed by 6 hours of onsite interview (all technical questions)

Interview Question – circuit design questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – very easy

ASIC Design Engineer Interview

I applied online - interviewed at AMD in April 2013.

Interview Details – contacted by manager via email. First, half an hour of phone interview, with basic asic design questions and some general computer architecture knowledge questions.

Onsite interview came two weeks later. First round of onsite took 3 hours, second round of onsite interview took 2 hours. Most of the interviewers ask about my projects on resume, then some asic design questions.

Interview Question – it's actually a brain teaser.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Design Verification Internship Interview

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AMD in February 2014.

Interview Details – Came to know about the position through LinkedIn from a senior manager at AMD. It took 3 weeks for scheduling a phone interview.

Interview Question – Questions were from resume.
How will you verify a 32 bit ALU unit having 2 inputs is working fine for all 2^32 * 2^32 combinations?
  Answer Question

CO-OP ASIC Verification Interview

I interviewed at AMD in March 2014.

Interview Details – First round is phone interview .Most of question are general question .Such as your understanding about hardware and software . Difference between C and C++
How to solve the setup time and hold time violation .
Cache replace policy and pipeline problems .
After questions is general introduction about their company location ,size ,group and so on

Interview Question – How to verify your design ?about testbench design ...   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Co-op Engineer Interview

Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 4+ months - interviewed at AMD in November 2013.

Interview Details – Four phone interviews, with basic engineering questions about software development/electrical engineering.

Interview Question – Basic questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate just accepted.

Product Development Engineer Interview

Product Development Engineer
Austin, TX

I interviewed at AMD in April 2013.

Interview Details – I was first contacted by my interviewer via email. He was quick to respond, and after a few exchanges we set up a phone interview. It was a quick interview, he simply asked questions about some of the more major points on my resume. Otherwise it was mostly a casual conversation, and I received an offer within approximately a week and a half of the interview.

Interview Question – None - It was very straight forward.   Answer Question

Design Engineer II Interview

Design Engineer II

Interviewed at AMD

Interview Details – 1 phone-scrren + 1 onsite interview
On-site interview had 6 rounds
All rounds were technical and were divided into specific topics like power, timing, logic, scripting etc.
Lunch was informal and did not involve any questions
In general, the focus was on the basics of each topic and most rounds started off the with the resume.

Interview Question – Design of a circuit to generate a pulse which is high for one cycle and low for next two cycles was unexpected. This is essentially a state-machine design question and is common.   Answer Question

Co-op Engineer Interview

Orlando, FL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at AMD.

Interview Details – I had one round of interview with my team manager.

Interview Question – I was basically asked in-depth questions on my resume.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AMD.

Interview Details – Was called about the position...had to make some changed with school...but got the offer and accepted...It was just a phone interview not to many technical questions asked

Interview Question – What was the class you had the worst experience with and why   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at AMD

Worked for AMD? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at AMD interview questions and advice. All 239 interview reviews posted anonymously by AMD employees and interview candidates.