AMD Interview Questions

Updated Sep 12, 2014

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at AMD in January 2009.

Phone interviews were brief, about thirty minutes with half of that being technical questions. Once I was invited for an on-site interview the process was to have one on one interviews with six different engineers from the overall group with the job opening. Each of those interviews was 45 minutes to an hour long. Very technical, but not aggressive. Overall I thought all of the engineers I met were very bright and it would have been a great place to work had an offer been extended after my interview.

Interview Questions
    • Draw a two stage folded cascode opamp design including a bias network and explain the device sizing.   Answer Question

Describe Some of the Best Reasons to Work At TTM Technologies Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at AMD in April 2010.

Describe some of the best reasons to work at TTM Technologies

Interview Questions
    • Describe some of the best reasons to work at TTM Technologies   View Answer
    • Describe some of the best reasons to work at TTM Technologies   View Answer

Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Markham, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Markham, ON (Canada)

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AMD in January 2012.

applied through online posting.hr person called and set up an interview with the team
    interview was 3 hours. first hour was engineer manager then second hour was with verification manager and last hour was with design manager of the team. I had design experience and they were looking for verification engineering. they said no after three weeks

Interview Questions
    • explain setup and hold time with figure and some example and then interviewer added some circuitry and asked to solver setup and hold violation in circut   Answer Question
    • random testing using c   Answer Question

Design Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at AMD in October 2011.

Referred by my friend through his manager to manager of that group. Got a call for intial telephonic screening then I got a call for fac-face interview. I was interviwed by 3 persons in 1:1 fasion for around 31/2 hrs.
    They completely concentrated on Memory related stuff and ofcourse some questions repeated.

The best part of interview is thier way of approach, and the technical stuff in their questions. There was no HR round which benifited for say.

No negotiation

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sunnyvale, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at AMD in August 2011.

Asked about the CUDA hardware, GPGPU. Scenarious where I could get a segmentation fault, with no error in the code during compilation, what could be the reason. There is enough space, and space is not the issue.

Interview Questions
    • Warps in GPGPU, role of registers in GPU hardware   View Answer
    • Analyse a situation where you get a segmentation fault and whats the reason   Answer Question

Design Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

The process took 2 days - interviewed at AMD in February 2009.

It was a campus interview. Most of the questions were on computer architecture and systems. They asked some mathematical problems from computer architecture. There were some programming (C++) questions as well.

Interview Questions
    The salary was not very high. As I was a fresher at that time, I could not negotiate much.

CPU Verification Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sunnyvale, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at AMD in August 2011.

1) Phone Interview 1 hr
    2) Onsite Interview 7 interviews by 7 different potential team members.

Product Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AMD in October 2011.

Had 2 phone interviews with 2 different group members, mostly technical questions. Was originally scheduled for an on-site interview, then CEO change led to hiring freeze, thus process stopped here. Was told I may hear back in 30-45 days, but that has been surpassed. Interviews were somewhat difficult, but overall process was mostly positive.

Interview Questions
    • Draw a cross section of a NMOS transistor and explain it to me in detail.   Answer Question
    • Explain the function of a transistor to a group of high school students.   Answer Question
    • Recite equation for Idsat.   Answer Question

Electrical Engineering Internship Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at AMD in November 2011.

A manager made a phone interview with me. During the interview, he asked some basic questions about what designer should know before designing the chip? What are the factors of voltage drop? What kinds of technologies are used in recent chip design?
    Because I never worked in chip design company, some of the questions are for experienced designer.

Verification Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at AMD in April 2012.

No chitchatting. Comes up directly with a bit manipulation question. Some questions about computer architecture and algorithm.

What is cache? what are they used for?
    Difference between Blocking and Non-blocking.

Interview Questions
    • what is the most difficult person you met in your work? how did you handle that?   Answer Question

Worked for AMD? Contribute to the Community!