AMD

Getting the Interview

239 candidate interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

I applied online and interviewed at AMD.

Interview Details – by phone

Interview Question – Hex bit operation   Answer Question

Co-Op Interview

Co-Op

I interviewed at AMD in March 2013.

Interview Details – Detaile questions about Computer Archtecture
1. Cache related questions and how to implement LRU
2. instruction level optimization
3. branch prediction
4. loop unrolling
5. Pipelining

Interview Question – Questions are detailed, not only conceptual   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at AMD.

Interview Details – 1.simple introduce you self
2.some question related to the job
3. a programming test

Interview Question – describe a algorithm   Answer Question

Test Engineer Interview

Test Engineer

Interviewed at AMD

Interview Details – describing the functions of different components of a motherboard

Interview Question – what can you connect a vga port to   Answer Question

Systems Simulation Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AMD.

Interview Details – phone interview ;
manager first emailed me about the position and a engineer from the group gave me an phone interview.
first, i was given 2 pieces of code, and asked about memory leak and pointer release;
then some computer architecture problems, like dma, virtual memory;
at last algorithm questions, prime problem;

Interview Question – prime problem;   Answer Question

Senior ASIC Design Engineer Interview

Senior ASIC Design Engineer

Interviewed at AMD

Interview Details – Ask a lot about the Project i have done in my previous company. Several c and Perl Language questions.

Interview Question – cross clock domain questions   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

Design Engineer

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at AMD.

Interview Details – nice building in sunnyvale ca. manager is keep qestioning my current tiltle as it sounds not in proportion to my working years. Got the onsite very easy but onsite itself is not smooth. Some engineer would keep asking your the past project details which I couldn't reveal due to NDA.

Interview Question – NDA   Answer Question

Design Engineer I Interview

Design Engineer I

Interviewed at AMD

Interview Details – Phone interview went on for 2 hrs. The manager was interested in my background and projects. Got an onsite interview call in 2 days. I had 6 rounds in the onsite interview, concentrating mainly on digital circuit design. Two of those rounds were implementation design, concentrating on RTL.

The questions were mostly from basics of circuit design. They tested timing, which is an important thing to prepare. FSM based design was tested.

Interview Question – Timing questions like critical path, setup and hold violations and ways to prevent them, dynamic logic and problems with timing there etc.   View Answer

Verification Engineer Interview

Verification Engineer

Interviewed at AMD

Interview Details – Telephone interview first, then on site interview of a whole day with all team member. Verilog questions and digital circuit designs

Interview Question – Verilog questions and digital circuit designs   Answer Question

Education Intern Interview

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at AMD.

Interview Details – The position I was applying for was an Education Intern back in Summer 2012. This was in regards to a position that was very research intensive. They were very prompt, within a day I received an interview request.

I think, due to my resume and the past projects I've worked on (which were very research intensive), the interview was more behavioral. A few questions that I remember they asked include:
1. Tell me a little about yourself.
2. Please describe your most recent project.
3. Please describe a situation in which you faced a problem and how you resolved it.

The woman I spoke with was very upfront about how I have the experience she was looking for and entertained a few questions from me about the position and the company.

Interview Question – I didn't experience any difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Although this is a great position, after careful deliberation upon receiving the job offer, I declined for the reason that this position wasn't exactly in the industry or the position that I wanted.

Interviews for Top Jobs at AMD

Worked for AMD? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at AMD interview questions and advice. All 239 interview reviews posted anonymously by AMD employees and interview candidates.