AMD

239 candidate interviews

Program Manager Interview

Program Manager

Interviewed at AMD

Interview Details – The 1st round was pretty casual and was conducted offsite with their HR relationship manager. The 2nd one was in their headquarter office and was a very intensive interview and you realized how smart those people were :) But relax just be yourself and show your understanding of the company and how your past experience matches well with the JD

Interview Question – How are you going to sell AMD chips to an Intel customer?   View Answer

Design Engineer Interview

Design Engineer

I applied online and interviewed at AMD.

Interview Details – Got an email for a phone interview. Set it up real quick. It last about 45 mins. Detailed computer architecture concepts on pipelining, cache design, out-of-order. Mealy-Moore advantages and disadvantages. Not too tough if your basics are good.

Interview Question – Give some examples of test vectors you may want to use to verify a CPU cache   Answer Question

Design Engineer I Interview

Design Engineer I

Interviewed at AMD

Interview Details – Phone interview went on for 2 hrs. The manager was interested in my background and projects. Got an onsite interview call in 2 days. I had 6 rounds in the onsite interview, concentrating mainly on digital circuit design. Two of those rounds were implementation design, concentrating on RTL.

The questions were mostly from basics of circuit design. They tested timing, which is an important thing to prepare. FSM based design was tested.

Interview Question – Timing questions like critical path, setup and hold violations and ways to prevent them, dynamic logic and problems with timing there etc.   View Answer

Verification Engineer Interview

Verification Engineer

Interviewed at AMD

Interview Details – Telephone interview first, then on site interview of a whole day with all team member. Verilog questions and digital circuit designs

Interview Question – Verilog questions and digital circuit designs   Answer Question

Member of Technical Staff ASIC/Layout Design Engineer Interview

Interview Details – 1st round - phone interview
2nd round - face-to-face interview by 5 persons, including managers and experienced engineers.

Interview Question – Basically all are common tech questions. A experienced interviewee should be able to answer them.   Answer Question

ASIC Layout Design Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at AMD.

Interview Details – I got an interview invitation through email. The interview was 2 hours, full technical. Questions asked were from perl (explain the regex that the manager wrote on a whiteboard), write code for a counter in verilog, What is sensitivity list?
Then showed me a C question and to find error in it?
Also asked me to draw a state diagram for a bit pattern (3 bits on in a row)
A question about timing involving flip flops was also asked?

The manager was nice and said that the reason why they ask questions from different areas is to see which one the candidate is good in. So that they can put him/her there.

Interview Question – The questions weren't that difficult, you just have to try. Don't blank out!   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – very smooth.

Member of Technical Staff Interview

Member of Technical Staff

Interviewed at AMD

Interview Details – head hunters company arrange the interview, asked me providing CV, and arrange interview time, the interview was in Taiwan, 4 interviewers attended this interview, they belonged to product development department and yield analysis department, questions in the interview including semiconductor process, manufacture, devices, and physical failure analysis skills. and after 1 month, there was another telephone interview, interviewer was a high level manager of product department.

Interview Question – describe SOI process and device concept   Answer Question

Education Intern Interview

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at AMD.

Interview Details – The position I was applying for was an Education Intern back in Summer 2012. This was in regards to a position that was very research intensive. They were very prompt, within a day I received an interview request.

I think, due to my resume and the past projects I've worked on (which were very research intensive), the interview was more behavioral. A few questions that I remember they asked include:
1. Tell me a little about yourself.
2. Please describe your most recent project.
3. Please describe a situation in which you faced a problem and how you resolved it.

The woman I spoke with was very upfront about how I have the experience she was looking for and entertained a few questions from me about the position and the company.

Interview Question – I didn't experience any difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Although this is a great position, after careful deliberation upon receiving the job offer, I declined for the reason that this position wasn't exactly in the industry or the position that I wanted.

Software QA Technologist Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AMD.

Interview Details – Had t 2 interviews for a contract position, the interviewers were nice and friendly. In the fist interview mosltly technical qustions were asked most of which I answered correctly. The second interview was 2 weeks later for which I had to follow up with HR. Second Interview comprised of mosly behavioural questions. I heard from them on the same day after a few hours!

Interview Question – In the second intervie, many behavioural questions were asked. I did not face much difficulty in answering the questions but probably the most difficult one were related to my plans and if I will be staying in the company for a longer period. Overal it was an easy interview for me.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate as it was my first job in Canada.

Design Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at AMD.

Interview Details – I was hired during one of the rush sessions which AMD is known for, where lots and lots of new grads come to an AMd campus and are interviewed.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Interviews for Top Jobs at AMD

Worked for AMD? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at AMD interview questions and advice. All 239 interview reviews posted anonymously by AMD employees and interview candidates.