AMD Interview Questions

Updated Sep 12, 2014
Updated Sep 12, 2014

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online - interviewed at AMD.

by phone

Co-Op Interview

interviewed at AMD in March 2013.

Detaile questions about Computer Archtecture
    1. Cache related questions and how to implement LRU
    2. instruction level optimization
    3. branch prediction
    4. loop unrolling
    5. Pipelining

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at AMD.

1.simple introduce you self
    2.some question related to the job
    3. a programming test

Test Engineer Interview

describing the functions of different components of a motherboard

Systems Simulation Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AMD.

phone interview ;
    manager first emailed me about the position and a engineer from the group gave me an phone interview.
    first, i was given 2 pieces of code, and asked about memory leak and pointer release;
    then some computer architecture problems, like dma, virtual memory;
    at last algorithm questions, prime problem;

Senior ASIC Design Engineer Interview

Ask a lot about the Project i have done in my previous company. Several c and Perl Language questions.

Design Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at AMD.

nice building in sunnyvale ca. manager is keep qestioning my current tiltle as it sounds not in proportion to my working years. Got the onsite very easy but onsite itself is not smooth. Some engineer would keep asking your the past project details which I couldn't reveal due to NDA.

Design Engineer I Interview

Phone interview went on for 2 hrs. The manager was interested in my background and projects. Got an onsite interview call in 2 days. I had 6 rounds in the onsite interview, concentrating mainly on digital circuit design. Two of those rounds were implementation design, concentrating on RTL.

The questions were mostly from basics of circuit design. They tested timing, which is an important thing to prepare. FSM based design was tested.

Interview Questions
    • Timing questions like critical path, setup and hold violations and ways to prevent them, dynamic logic and problems with timing there etc.   View Answer

Verification Engineer Interview

Telephone interview first, then on site interview of a whole day with all team member. Verilog questions and digital circuit designs

Member of Technical Staff Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AMD.

Interview Questions
    • AmjadKhan, I am still wondering about HR process followed in AMD, How a company can ask a candidate to submit the salary documents without making sure that he will be considered. How they will consider salary to make the decision about candidate consideration. This is my first bad personal experience regarding recruitment process in an organization. I have lot respect for AMD as organization, but I never expected such silly mistakes from organization such as AMD. It is always professionalism to reply to mail if it is conveyed that it will be replied in certain time. I hope the HR team in AMD will be more sincere with candidates in future. They should respect a candidate then only they will get respect from them and I personally feel you need improvement as a HR manager.   Answer Question

Worked for AMD? Contribute to the Community!