AMD Interview Questions

Updated Aug 25, 2015

Co-Op Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at AMD (Austin, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

Multi step process. Did an initial informal one on one with one of their presenters at a meet and greet hosted at my university. Submitted resume via e-mail. Did follow up phone interview with direct manager I would be working under. Then contacted by HR to fill out paper work. Rather smooth and painless process.

Interview Questions

• Familiarity with utilizing c++ and linux to handle advance math and physics problems.   1 Answer

Design Engineer II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AMD in April 2015.

Interview

Got an email from the hiring manager for phone screen schedule on the next day of my online application. Was invited to on-site right after the phone screen. On the day of onsite, there were 5 sections ranging from circuit, logic design, comp arch and device. Had another Design Engineer II who worked there for one year took me for a lunch. Make sure you know everything about what you have on your resume. Make sure you really have a SOLID knowledge background in your area of study.

Produktmanager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at AMD in January 2014.

Interview

Standardvorstellungsgespräch ohne überraschende Effekte. Sehr schlecht vorbereitetes Personalabteilung, wenig Interesse am Gegenüber. Fragen nach Strategie, Vision des Unternehmens, Einarbeitung, Weiterentwicklungsmöglichkeiten konnten nur unzureichend beantwortet werden. Bei Gehaltsfrage abgeblockt, da kein Interesse an Zusammenarbeit meinerseits vorhanden mehr war. War ein ernüchterndes Gespräch, Bauchgefühl sagte "Nein" zu dieser Firma. Habe jetzt Stelle bei anderer Firma gefunden, die passender ist.

Zu schlechte Zukunftsaussichten für das Unternehmen

Co-Op Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at AMD (Sunnyvale, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

Was asked to describe previous projects that I had worked on and the difficulties that arose and how I overcame them Asked a couple of technical questions about hardware and software Proposed project direction was described to me Process was repeated with a second member of the technical staff Offer was extended after two rounds of phone interviews

Interview Questions

• What is your relevant technical experience in this area?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AMD (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2013.

Interview

I applied online though the university portal. I got an interview in about 1 to 2 weeks of submitting the application. An offer was sent out in about 4 weeks after the interview. The panel was comprised of 2 individuals - the Manager and Direct Supervisor. Interview mainly discussed my past work experience. The interviewers also touched about behavioural and situational questions.

Design Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AMD (Sunnyvale, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

2 phone screen and one on site, the phone screen is about fundamental of language and computer architecture, and on site takes a whole day and takes 5-6 rounds. The question is not that difficult

CMO Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at AMD (Austin, TX) in March 2012.

Interview

Successive one-hour interviews with key executives, including CEO. The process was typical of what would expect at a senior level. The interviews were collegial and conversational, focusing on viewpoints, strategic know-how and situational handling. Everything was handled professionally, from arranging travel to having an internal HR person escort me to the various meeting rooms to meet with each executive.

Interview Questions

• What makes you qualified to handle this challenge?   1 Answer
    • What can you point to in your past that demonstrates an ability to lead change, and turn around a situation?   1 Answer

Graphic Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Markham, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at AMD (Markham, ON (Canada)) in January 2015.

Interview

On- site interview in their company with the team manager, the overall process takes about 1 hr. Talked about the AMD team, and what their team did. Some C++ questions, GPU and computer graphic basic questions. No behavior question at all. The manager did not prepare some specific, and not sure what he really wanted.

Business Development Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AMD in September 2014.

Interview

Interview process is smooth and hirer did not pose alot of challenging questions but rather the usual stuffs. Total of 3 rounds with hiring manager/HR and Vice President of APAC region

Client Graphics Validation Coop Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at AMD (Waterloo, ON (Canada)).

Interview

On campus interview. The interview was scheduled through the jobmine service provided by the university of Waterloo. The interview was 1:1. It was scheduled with the manager of the team I was gonna work with. He himself was a University of Waterloo grad and hence was familiar with hiring coops.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer asked me about my interests in the computer hardware. If I liked to do some hands-on work with computer hardware. Asked about lab equipment stuff. Some questions related to computer hardware. Asked about scripting languages that I felt comfortable with.   Answer Question