AMD Interview Questions

Updated Oct 13, 2014
Updated Oct 13, 2014

Senior Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at AMD.

The recruiter was an outside contractor. All my interactions were professional and friendly. I was brought in for a second round of interviews to meet the Sr. Director and Director, which helped to increase my interest in the company overall. At the time, AMD was benefitting from a new product that was competitive to (exceeded in many ways) Intel's offering. AMD had also just landed a big customer that I worked for. Although, I found and applied for the position on my own online, AMD was very careful to ensure they were not poaching. Given this, my process took a bit longer. It was difficult to get an offer because AMD needed me to write a letter that showed my interest in them and my managers acknowledge (which I was not comfortable with) before they'd make me an offer. We eventually worked out the details and I was made an offer.

Interview Questions
    • I don't remember. The interview process was very standard and not tricky or difficult. Possibly due to my level and the uniqueness of the role.   Answer Question
    It was an aggressive offer - 30% pay increase from where I was. However, the base was intended to compensate me for my salary and bonus at my current position.

Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at AMD in November 2013.

Got a call through employee referral.

Co-Op Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at AMD in November 2013.

Four phone interviews, with basic engineering questions about software development/electrical engineering.

Interview Questions
    I didn't negotiate just accepted.

Engineer Co-Op Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AMD.

Met recruiter (my future manager) at a career fair, spoke to him for a bit and gave him my resume. Got a call a few weeks later from someone on his team for a quick phone interview, which lasted about 15 minutes. Received an offer about a week later.

Interview Questions
    • Asked me to talk about my work in student organizations I had listed on my resume, as well as my time management techniques.   View Answer
    Pay is based off of your standing in school and is non-negotiable.

Physical Design Engineer Interview

Phone interview: First described what this team does and what this position for. Then asked some questions on my resume, about my educations and experience. He let me choose one of favorite project and describe to him. Then asked a question, which can be considered as several sub questions.

Interview Questions
    • While synthesizing memory(SRAM), how to estimate the area, delay and power? What can you do to solve time violation.   Answer Question

Senior Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at AMD in October 2013.

There was one round phone interview before I got onsite interview invitation. In total, there were 6 rounds interview on campus, including last interview with the hiring manager and lunch interview. They are very friendly and professional.

Senior Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at AMD.

very technical interview

Interview Questions
    • Be ready to handle questions from college text books on engineering   Answer Question
    the offer at the time was very good. I did not negotiate

Processor Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at AMD in September 2013.

I got email for phone interview.
    In the interview they told me about the project and then there were some technical questions.
    Questions were basic and were expected.
    1. Difference between cache consistency and cache coherency
    2. What is setup and hold time
    3. What is Virtual functions
    4. What is generic programming
    5. What is difference between virtual functions and generic programming
    6. Questions about how simulators work
    7. A question which was on calculating FIFO buffer length

I got better offer from other company

Hardware Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at AMD in September 2013.

Phone interview

Interview Questions
    • The differences between Verilog simulator and C++ simulator   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at AMD.

by phone