AMD Interview Questions

Updated Mar 20, 2015

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at AMD in April 2014.

I had 2 phone screens. Usually is the case for internships. They could also increase the number of screenings depending on how it goes. Good interviews, testing basic systems knowledge. Interviewer was helpful. Also tested basic coding ability.

Senior Mask Designer Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at AMD.

Phone Interview followed by 6 hours of onsite interview (all technical questions)

very easy

CO-OP ASIC Verification Interview

interviewed at AMD in March 2014.

First round is phone interview .Most of question are general question .Such as your understanding about hardware and software . Difference between C and C++
    How to solve the setup time and hold time violation .
    Cache replace policy and pipeline problems .
    After questions is general introduction about their company location ,size ,group and so on

Interview Questions
    • How to verify your design ?about testbench design ...   Answer Question

Design Engineer II Interview

1 phone-scrren + 1 onsite interview
    On-site interview had 6 rounds
    All rounds were technical and were divided into specific topics like power, timing, logic, scripting etc.
    Lunch was informal and did not involve any questions
    In general, the focus was on the basics of each topic and most rounds started off the with the resume.

Interview Questions
    • Design of a circuit to generate a pulse which is high for one cycle and low for next two cycles was unexpected. This is essentially a state-machine design question and is common.   Answer Question

Co-Op Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at AMD.

I had one round of interview with my team manager.

Interview Questions
    • I was basically asked in-depth questions on my resume.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AMD.

Was called about the position...had to make some changed with school...but got the offer and accepted...It was just a phone interview not to many technical questions asked

Interview Questions
    • What was the class you had the worst experience with and why   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at AMD.

Interview happened as a part of the rush, where they collect a large number of free resumes and invite them for interviews. I had 5 interviews, back to back. All the people, I met were nice and the questions were mostly related to computer architecture and C/C++ programming. The entire process was very smooth and well organized.

Design Verification Internship Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AMD in February 2014.

Came to know about the position through LinkedIn from a senior manager at AMD. It took 3 weeks for scheduling a phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were from resume.
      How will you verify a 32 bit ALU unit having 2 inputs is working fine for all 2^32 * 2^32 combinations?

Answer Question

Senior Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at AMD.

The recruiter was an outside contractor. All my interactions were professional and friendly. I was brought in for a second round of interviews to meet the Sr. Director and Director, which helped to increase my interest in the company overall. At the time, AMD was benefitting from a new product that was competitive to (exceeded in many ways) Intel's offering. AMD had also just landed a big customer that I worked for. Although, I found and applied for the position on my own online, AMD was very careful to ensure they were not poaching. Given this, my process took a bit longer. It was difficult to get an offer because AMD needed me to write a letter that showed my interest in them and my managers acknowledge (which I was not comfortable with) before they'd make me an offer. We eventually worked out the details and I was made an offer.

Interview Questions
    • I don't remember. The interview process was very standard and not tricky or difficult. Possibly due to my level and the uniqueness of the role.   Answer Question
    It was an aggressive offer - 30% pay increase from where I was. However, the base was intended to compensate me for my salary and bonus at my current position.

Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at AMD in November 2013.

Got a call through employee referral.