AMD

Updated Dec 7, 2014
Updated Dec 7, 2014

Platform Emulation Co-op Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online – interviewed at AMD in August 2012.

2 rounds of Interview . Both were telephonic. The questions mostly focused on Computer Architecture Basics and Operating System Concepts. Knowledge of BIOS and its working on various platforms is a Plus. Instruction Pipe lining and its Industrial Applications where it can be used in the Fabrication Labs.

Interview Questions
    No Negotiation. Perks include Relocation and A part of the Educational Assistance is provided at the end of Internship Period.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

interviewed at AMD in July 2012.

Phone interview went on for 2 hrs. The manager was interested in my background and projects. Got an onsite interview call in 2 days. I had 6 rounds in the onsite interview, concentrating mainly on digital circuit design. Two of those rounds were implementation design, concentrating on RTL.

The questions were mostly from basics of circuit design. They tested timing, which is an important thing to prepare. FSM based design was tested.

Interview Questions
    • Timing questions like critical path, setup and hold violations and ways to prevent them, dynamic logic and problems with timing there etc.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Collins, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Collins, CO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at AMD in June 2012.

Hiring manager contacted. Setup time and date. Same time HR called me. Spoke with the hiring manager and in a couple of days got an invitation for onsite. They took care of my travel and stay. Everything was fantastic. Gave me an intermediate car and stayed at Hilton, right opposite to AMD.
    The interview started @ 9, was welcomed by the HR and then the hiring manager. Each rounds were an hour long. But the interviews were so great that never realized when it was done.
    Took me to lunch.
    The interviews were very discussion oriented and they focused on how I was tackling a problem and building on a solution.
    Overall I liked the interview process.

Co-Op Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

The process took a dayinterviewed at AMD in June 2012.

I applied online at AMD's website for a lot of different co-op positions. A recruiter emailed me in mid-early June and set up a phone interview. I was on speaker phone with two interviewers. I had done a lot of research with the company, and I think they were impressed that I knew a lot about their products.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied online – interviewed at AMD in May 2012.

Learn the Basics. Rest will go on smoothly.

Interview Questions
    The compensation was decent. Did not negotiate

Physical Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AMD in May 2012.

Phone Interview by a staff engineer in Physical Design Group

Interview Questions
    • How to estimate the power consumption and and area of a given design in limited time(e.g one week)?   View Answer

Senior Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at AMD in May 2012.

2 phone screens, 7 people interviewed me in person; lasted from 7:45AM to 2PM. Got offer in 1-2 weeks. It was very pleasant ; and I liked Austin, TX a lot. Team is highly technical and in general will not take BSing well. Some questions on brainteasers but mostly technical hardware and software related.

Interview Questions
    • About trace driven vs execution driven modeling. Trace driven modeling is faster; and but is less realistic due to not exploring bad paths during branch prediction. Execution driven modeling usually requires the existence of a functional model - in addition to a timing model to do neat things like sampling etc.   View Answer
    negotiate frills; like vacation.

Product Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at AMD in April 2012.

I applied online , got a call from AMD recruiter that i will be having phone interview. After 2 days, 3 people interviewed me on phone, Manager, Team Lead and one more. Phone Interview was easy for me, they asked couple of questions from Resume, couple of behavioral questions such as Team Work, Tough Project Mate etc. At AMD, U need to know, Perl, Java, Python , C++, !. For the Onsite Interview, 8 people Interviewed me from 9AM to 4.30PM or so. 1:1 . Interview went well. Mostly basic questions were asked. Round 1: Basic RLC Questions, questions from resume and high speed circuits, Transmission LInes. Round 2: C++ Code, Recursive function, etc. Round 3: Test Engineering Questions, debugging skills, 5-6 behavioral questions, practical problems they face at AMD during projects, Round 4: Puzzle, Diode vs Temp, Puzzle, C Programming, behavioral questions, Round 5: Java code of 3 page, debugging it and understanding the code, Round 6: Manager -- Described Job, asked statistics, different behavioral questions, normal chit-chat. ROUND 7: Basic EE questions, digital and analog, test equipments setup etc. Round 8: Manager, basic questions, set of diagrams, test teams, promotions , group dynamics etc.

Interview Questions
    • Puzzle to arrange 9 numbers , 1 to 9 in a given box without repeat ~!   View Answers (2)
    • JAVA COde, Recursive Programming in C++   View Answer

Design Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

The process took a weekinterviewed at AMD in April 2012.

Phone interview was pretty basic questions about comp arch, object oriented concepts.
    Onsite interview consisted of 6 rounds technical + 1 HR interview. Questions were mainly comp arch, cache coherency, pipelining techniques. A few questions on verilog, system verilog, perl, assembly language.

Interview Questions
    • How would you verify a write-back 4-way set associative cache using assembly language programming.   View Answer

Software Engineer/Contractor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

interviewed at AMD in April 2012.

Team architect called based on provided resume/experience. He provided clarity and specific details of overview of development environment and details regarding interview process. He just checked to confirm some details over resume and invited for Onsite Interview. Half day of very technical onsite interview with team and hiring mgrs.

Interview Questions
    • Describe the most technical project you've done on whiteboard.   Answer Question