AMD Marketing Manager Interview Questions

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AMD (Austin, TX) in January 2010.

Interview

one interview then group interviews with 5 people from the group. Met with the hiring manager briefly. Did not hear anything for 3 weeks, internal recruiter said they were busy on other projects. Hiring manager call and extended a offer...no compensation mentioned "HR will iron that out" Turned out he was one of the worse managers in my career

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Hiring bonus, base

Other Interview Reviews for AMD

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

The process took a weekinterviewed at AMD (Austin, TX) in January 2009.

Interview

Interviewed with 5 people.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself going within the copmant, what are your goals?   Answer Question
    • Tell me your thoughts about integrity.   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at AMD in September 2011.

Interview

Show business savvy with examples.

Interview Questions

• Tell me your international experience?   1 Answer
    • Tell me your industry experience and job function experience?   Answer Question

Negotiation

They know the problems, they know the challenges. How you accomplish it is a big bargain.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at AMD (Dubai (United Arab Emirates)) in December 2010.

Interview

Straight forward - 2 face 2 face interviews and a telephonic with the VP

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not much scope for negotiation as AMD was a dream come true for me - the salary was significantly higher than my then job.

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at AMD in June 2010.

Interview

Process was in spurts - 1-1 then nothing for three weeks, then full day of 1-1 with 7 people. Total of 11 interviews. They seemed to be looking for team fit rather than technical ability.

Interview Questions

• Questions varied from a "how would you approach this issue" to values and personalities questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Got 12% higher salary by simply asking. Would not negotiate on extra vacation or relocation package. Also, HR is poor at keepnig people informed of process and status. Had to ask for reimbursement when traveling to Austin for interviews.

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at AMD in June 2008.

Interview

direct 1 on 1 interview with marketing director and vp.