AMD Interview Questions in Markham, ON

Updated Jul 25, 2015

2.9

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Markham, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AMD (Markham, ON (Canada)) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied to career site on amd.com. Was contacted through email for two interviews. First interview was about previous experience/soft skills, Second interview was more technical. Was then contacted a week later with offer.

Graphic Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Markham, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at AMD (Markham, ON (Canada)) in January 2015.

Interview

On- site interview in their company with the team manager, the overall process takes about 1 hr. Talked about the AMD team, and what their team did. Some C++ questions, GPU and computer graphic basic questions. No behavior question at all. The manager did not prepare some specific, and not sure what he really wanted.

AMD ASIC Layout/Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Markham, ON (Canada)

Interview

One phone interview. Then one on-sight interview lasting 3 hours split up equally between DV team lead, Design team lead, and manager. DV and Design team leads asked technical questions, while manager asked character questions.

Interview Questions

• DV team lead asked a question about mathematical proof for paired prime numbers characteristic.   Answer Question

Member of Technical Staff ASIC/Layout Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Markham, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AMD (Markham, ON (Canada)) in August 2013.

Interview

It was an internal transfer. I was referred by a person in the group. I have had the opportunity to work with that team for over 4 years and they were familiar with me and it made the process more smooth. Hiring manager talked to me first for half hour to understand my interest, education, and skills. The manager was very positive and scheduled a technical interview with his experienced team members. It was a panel of 3. The questions were in the digital area, some Verilog and programming.

Interview Questions

• Explain CDC and how can it be addressed?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was satisfied by what I was offered.

Custom Mixed-Signal Layout Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Markham, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AMD (Markham, ON (Canada)) in June 2013.

Interview

Applied online, took about a month to get contacted directly by the manager. Scheduled a phone interview. Got an email back within 5 minutes of completing the interview for an in person interview about 2 weeks after. Had an in person interview, which lasted 2 hours. Had to answer alot of technical questions as well as write a 30 minute aptitude test. Never got a call/reply/response back after this. Terrible attitude towards applicants.

ASIC/Layout Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Markham, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at AMD (Markham, ON (Canada)) in May 2013.

Interview

1. Apply online at amd.apply2jobs.com 2. Phone call/interview from the hiring manager or HR personnel 3. On-site interview (usually 2 hours)

Interview Questions

• Unexpected question: write a script to perform pattern matching with certain keywords for each line in a file.   2 Answers

PEY Engineer Graphic Card QA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Markham, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at AMD (Markham, ON (Canada)) in March 2013.

Interview

Applied Online through U of T career portal. Got an email to arrange for an interview 2 weeks later. There were two interviewers one of them is really nice he basically explained what the job does what are the responsibilities. The second Interviewer straight up asking technical questions until you can't answer any more.

Interview Questions

• 1) tell me the important components on an mother board 2) where do you connect those components( hard drive, power supply, graphic card) 3) Do we use PCI or PCIE 4) important Components on Graphic Cards   1 Answer

SMTS Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Markham, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AMD (Markham, ON (Canada)) in February 2013.

Interview

Phone interview followed with onsite interview twice. First onsite interview was in a small meeting room with two people. Second interview was in a big meeting room with a group people.

Interview Questions

• Generic questions about previous working experience. Some questions on C/C++.   Answer Question

Member of Technical Staff Analog Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Markham, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AMD (Markham, ON (Canada)) in November 2012.

Interview

I had phone interview with 3 managers from digital, mixed-signal and analog sections. each one of them took 10 minutes to ask technical questions such as basic analog equations, gain margin and phase margin definitions, sample and hold time, INL and DNL. they also asked very detailed questions about the projects I had on my resume.

Sys/Test Validation Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Markham, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AMD (Markham, ON (Canada)) in June 2012.

Interview

You need to have some sort of reference or PEY experience to get the interview. Most questions were related to Motherboard. Example: what are the component names, northbridge and southbridge, PCIE ports and lane identification.

Negotiation