AMD Member of Technical Staff Interview Questions & Reviews

3.2

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sunnyvale, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

interviewed at AMD in August 2010.

The resume was forwarded by an internal contact. So, the interview setup/scheduling was relatively quick over email.
3 rounds of interview: two with the team members and one with the director.

The interview with ~7 team members was mainly technical. Question on:
Digital design principles: setup/hold times and ways to address setup/hold time issues, state machines, finding issues with digital circuits, other logic design questions
C: handling different endianness, embedded C code optimization issues
System Verilog questions
Logical puzzles

After the first two rounds the hiring manager indicated that the feedback was good and he would like me to come in to meet the director.

It took about 2 weeks from that point to receive an offer

Interview Questions
  • Nothing was really difficult but some of the questions on System Verilog were very specialized /infrequntly used cases.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for AMD

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at AMD.

Initial hiring was a customary 6 months contract. Permanent status was then offered. Interview was performed by immediate manager and supervisor. Team input had previously been accepted when team was notified of possible hiring and asked to comment based on knowledge of applicant skills.

Interview Questions
    • Knowledge of company activities. It's a large company and one wants to show awareness.   View Answer
    Vacation was not negotiable; however, it was generous, so not a problem. Contract salary was stated by agency and accepted. Later, permanent salary offer was appropriate, did not negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at AMD in February 2010.

i am very happy the interview. but i do not think i will change job in certain years.
    i do not much comments on the hiring process. anyway, i am pretty good because my experience and my work areas are all relate this industrial.

Anonymous Employee  in  Austin, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at AMD in February 2008.

My recruiter worked with the hiring manager to arrange for my interview. The whole process goes pretty smoothly. They asked some basic questions, not very deep. The only thing is that after the on-site interview, they didn't gave me a quick response. It turned out that they were interviewing several other peoples and try to decided which one is the best. I communicated to them that I cannot wait very long and I am considering other opportunities. Immediately the HR manager called me up and told me that I was their best candidate and made the offer.

Interview Questions

I found a better position with another company. Besides, Austin is way too hot for me.

Member of Technical Staff Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AMD.

Interview Questions
    • AmjadKhan, I am still wondering about HR process followed in AMD, How a company can ask a candidate to submit the salary documents without making sure that he will be considered. How they will consider salary to make the decision about candidate consideration. This is my first bad personal experience regarding recruitment process in an organization. I have lot respect for AMD as organization, but I never expected such silly mistakes from organization such as AMD. It is always professionalism to reply to mail if it is conveyed that it will be replied in certain time. I hope the HR team in AMD will be more sincere with candidates in future. They should respect a candidate then only they will get respect from them and I personally feel you need improvement as a HR manager.   Answer Question

Member of Technical Staff Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AMD in September 2009.

It was smooth and have no issues

Interview Questions
    the offer will depend on the requirement . if they need it then they will be ready to pay like crazy

Member of Technical Staff Interview

head hunters company arrange the interview, asked me providing CV, and arrange interview time, the interview was in Taiwan, 4 interviewers attended this interview, they belonged to product development department and yield analysis department, questions in the interview including semiconductor process, manufacture, devices, and physical failure analysis skills. and after 1 month, there was another telephone interview, interviewer was a high level manager of product department.

Member of Technical Staff Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at AMD in February 2011.

Intially had a phone interview and then followed a onsite interview.
    I was interviewed by 4 groups and was grilled one hour each.

Interview Questions

Worked for AMD? Contribute to the Community!