AMD

AMD Physical Design Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Jan 22, 2015
Updated Jan 22, 2015

Physical Design Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at AMD in January 2015.

Applied through a former co-worker. Got a call from hiring manager. It was a quick 30 min phone interview. After this, got invited to on-site interview. On-site interview was not tough, except for few difficult ( for me ) technical questions. I could answer 80=90 %. But sometimes I found it hard to understand why some interviewing persons tone was as if you have done something wrong, just because you went there to get interviewed, and they are the boss of you now. I found it hard to understand why a candidate must be treated as if he/she is inferior person than person at AMD. I felt sometimes that tone of person interviewing was hostile without any provocation. At least to me it seemed odd. But once I got over it, it was ok. Also some people and AMD were very good in treating you with common courtesy/good manners.

Other Interview Reviews for AMD

Physical Design Engineer Interview

Phone interview: First described what this team does and what this position for. Then asked some questions on my resume, about my educations and experience. He let me choose one of favorite project and describe to him. Then asked a question, which can be considered as several sub questions.

Interview Questions
    • While synthesizing memory(SRAM), how to estimate the area, delay and power? What can you do to solve time violation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AMD in May 2012.

Phone Interview by a staff engineer in Physical Design Group

Interview Questions
    • How to estimate the power consumption and and area of a given design in limited time(e.g one week)?   View Answer