AMD

3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Program Manager
Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AMD in January 2010.

Interview Details – Was tough to get past the recruiter because I did not have the exact experience for the job. They don't tend to think "out-of-the box." Fortunately, I had a friend in the company who went straight to the hiring manager. Once he saw my resume, I was quickly called in for an interview.

Interview Question – I was very prepared so there was nothing difficult - nothing I could not comfortably answer   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – easy

Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at AMD in June 2010.

Interview Details – Was contracting there and AMD is a heavy contract to hire company. Their general guideline at the time was after six months of contracting you should come on board as a full-time employee to continue working. I interviewed with a number of people to see about converting my role into a full-time one.

Interview Question – Why are you considering becoming a full-time employee here rather than continuing your contracting work elsewhere?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Relocation required

Program Manager

Interviewed at AMD

Interview Details – The 1st round was pretty casual and was conducted offsite with their HR relationship manager. The 2nd one was in their headquarter office and was a very intensive interview and you realized how smart those people were :) But relax just be yourself and show your understanding of the company and how your past experience matches well with the JD

Interview Question – How are you going to sell AMD chips to an Intel customer?   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at AMD

Worked for AMD? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at AMD Program Manager interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by AMD employees and interview candidates.