AMD Program Manager Interview Questions

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at AMD (Austin, TX) in June 2010.

Interview

Was contracting there and AMD is a heavy contract to hire company. Their general guideline at the time was after six months of contracting you should come on board as a full-time employee to continue working. I interviewed with a number of people to see about converting my role into a full-time one.

Interview Questions

• Why are you considering becoming a full-time employee here rather than continuing your contracting work elsewhere?   Answer Question

Relocation required

Other Interview Reviews for AMD

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AMD (Austin, TX) in January 2010.

Interview

Was tough to get past the recruiter because I did not have the exact experience for the job. They don't tend to think "out-of-the box." Fortunately, I had a friend in the company who went straight to the hiring manager. Once he saw my resume, I was quickly called in for an interview.

Interview Questions

• I was very prepared so there was nothing difficult - nothing I could not comfortably answer   Answer Question

Negotiation

easy

Program Manager Interview

Interview

The 1st round was pretty casual and was conducted offsite with their HR relationship manager. The 2nd one was in their headquarter office and was a very intensive interview and you realized how smart those people were :) But relax just be yourself and show your understanding of the company and how your past experience matches well with the JD

Interview Questions

• How are you going to sell AMD chips to an Intel customer?   1 Answer