AMD

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at AMD in April 2011.

Hired through contracting company Volt. Spoke to Hiring Manager at AMD and received a call 1 week later that I had gotten the Job.

Interview Questions
  • No question was difficult or unexpected. I did a lot of studying about this company before the interview.   Answer Question
I was able to negotiate Per Diem since I lived in another city. This is critical when having to relocate for a new job.

Other Interview Reviews for AMD

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at AMD in January 2007.

This may not be the usual interview story. It started back then when I was close to finishing with my degree. I got a phone call from, someone who knew my accademic advisor, pretty much asking me "can you do this next month?" and then "what is your ideal job" . This landed me back to back internships. So, when the "full time job" interview came I was already working there for about 9 months. Althugh it was more of a formality, I did get asked tough questions related to my field during a 1:1 interview. While I was an intern, there were also a few presentations for the whole group; I'd say those were part of the interview as well.

Interview Questions
    • Are you aware of [that teoretical result]? Followed by: I'm not convinced you're right; can you prove it?   View Answer
    No real negotaiation took place given it was a "fresh grad" job. They only offered relocation bonus following my attempts to negotiate.