AMD

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Engineer Interview

Senior Engineer
Austin, TX

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 months - interviewed at AMD in April 2011.

Interview Details – Hired through contracting company Volt. Spoke to Hiring Manager at AMD and received a call 1 week later that I had gotten the Job.

Interview Question – No question was difficult or unexpected. I did a lot of studying about this company before the interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate Per Diem since I lived in another city. This is critical when having to relocate for a new job.

Senior Engineer Interview

Senior Engineer
Sunnyvale, CA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at AMD in January 2007.

Interview Details – This may not be the usual interview story. It started back then when I was close to finishing with my degree. I got a phone call from, someone who knew my accademic advisor, pretty much asking me "can you do this next month?" and then "what is your ideal job" . This landed me back to back internships. So, when the "full time job" interview came I was already working there for about 9 months. Althugh it was more of a formality, I did get asked tough questions related to my field during a 1:1 interview. While I was an intern, there were also a few presentations for the whole group; I'd say those were part of the interview as well.

Interview Question – Are you aware of [that teoretical result]? Followed by: I'm not convinced you're right; can you prove it?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No real negotaiation took place given it was a "fresh grad" job. They only offered relocation bonus following my attempts to negotiate.

Worked for AMD? Contribute to the Community!