AMD Senior Program Manager Interview Questions

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Senior Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at AMD.

The recruiter was an outside contractor. All my interactions were professional and friendly. I was brought in for a second round of interviews to meet the Sr. Director and Director, which helped to increase my interest in the company overall. At the time, AMD was benefitting from a new product that was competitive to (exceeded in many ways) Intel's offering. AMD had also just landed a big customer that I worked for. Although, I found and applied for the position on my own online, AMD was very careful to ensure they were not poaching. Given this, my process took a bit longer. It was difficult to get an offer because AMD needed me to write a letter that showed my interest in them and my managers acknowledge (which I was not comfortable with) before they'd make me an offer. We eventually worked out the details and I was made an offer.

Interview Questions
  • I don't remember. The interview process was very standard and not tricky or difficult. Possibly due to my level and the uniqueness of the role.   Answer Question
It was an aggressive offer - 30% pay increase from where I was. However, the base was intended to compensate me for my salary and bonus at my current position.