AMD

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Program Manager Interview

Senior Program Manager
Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at AMD.

Interview Details – The recruiter was an outside contractor. All my interactions were professional and friendly. I was brought in for a second round of interviews to meet the Sr. Director and Director, which helped to increase my interest in the company overall. At the time, AMD was benefitting from a new product that was competitive to (exceeded in many ways) Intel's offering. AMD had also just landed a big customer that I worked for. Although, I found and applied for the position on my own online, AMD was very careful to ensure they were not poaching. Given this, my process took a bit longer. It was difficult to get an offer because AMD needed me to write a letter that showed my interest in them and my managers acknowledge (which I was not comfortable with) before they'd make me an offer. We eventually worked out the details and I was made an offer.

Interview Question – I don't remember. The interview process was very standard and not tricky or difficult. Possibly due to my level and the uniqueness of the role.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was an aggressive offer - 30% pay increase from where I was. However, the base was intended to compensate me for my salary and bonus at my current position.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at AMD

Worked for AMD? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at AMD Senior Program Manager interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by AMD employees and interview candidates.