AMD Software Engineer Co Op Interview Questions

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Software Engineer Co Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sunnyvale, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at AMD in March 2011.

I was interviewed for a software position for summer internship. Got three phone interviews. First one was with the manager and he gave a brief description about the position and the work and some behavioral questions. After a couple of days, I got an email from him that I passed his screening and he asked me to schedule interviews with two other team members.
The interviews with the team members were purely technical. I was asked to code in a shared document. They tested on bitwise manipulations and assembly language. Though I didnt know exact mnemonics, but the interviewer said he will look at the logic and not the instructions.
The interviews were not very difficult, easy enough if you know some details of C and computer architecture. I didn't have any onsite interview perhaps because it was an intern position thats why.

Interview Questions
  • There was a question about bit manipulations in C, do not remember exactly.   Answer Question

Worked for AMD? Contribute to the Community!