AMD Software Engineer Interview Questions

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

It was very casual yet structured. I like my interview here better than else where where people treat interviewee like prisoners. It depends on the interviewer, but a lot of interviewers in other tech companies just can't communicate with people

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for AMD

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AMD in April 2014.

Interview

Two rounds. A HR phone screen and a technical phone screen interview. Both ones are very kind and patient. HR just asked some basic resume questions. Technical round was using collabedit to solve some algorithm problems in C

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AMD.

Interview

by phone

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AMD.

Interview

The first round was interviewed by HR. It was a phone interview. They asked you some questions regarding to your working background. Then, it went to the 2nd round. It was interviewe by a project manager, They asked you some situational questions, such as how to meet the project deadline, how to deal with difficult customer, how to control the cost and quality.

Interview Questions

• What is the differentiated value that you could deliver to the company?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at AMD (Sunnyvale, CA) in December 2012.

Interview

referred by employee, directly went onsite, met a couple of software and hardware engineers. asked questions like: reverse a linked list, etc . no tricky questions. people were very nice there. it took a couple of days to hear back from them. and went through some negotiation about options and base. overall good experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AMD (Sunnyvale, CA) in August 2011.

Interview

Asked about the CUDA hardware, GPGPU. Scenarious where I could get a segmentation fault, with no error in the code during compilation, what could be the reason. There is enough space, and space is not the issue.

Interview Questions

• Warps in GPGPU, role of registers in GPU hardware   1 Answer
    • Analyse a situation where you get a segmentation fault and whats the reason   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AMD (Santa Clara, CA) in January 2008.

Interview

Phone Interview In-person interview by four managers, each took one hour. Had lunch in between.

Interview Questions

• Write code in C/C++ to insert/search for a record in BTree.   Answer Question
    • Write Java code to insert/retrieve data in Oracle database from a web page.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Markham, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AMD (Markham, ON (Canada)) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied to career site on amd.com. Was contacted through email for two interviews. First interview was about previous experience/soft skills, Second interview was more technical. Was then contacted a week later with offer.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at AMD.

Interview

1.simple introduce you self 2.some question related to the job 3. a programming test

Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at AMD in November 2011.

Interview

1st round group interview 2nd round group interview send offer