AMD

Relevance Date Difficulty

CAD Design Engineer Interview

CAD Design Engineer
Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at AMD in April 2011.

Interview Details – 6 rounds of interview. I was applying for a Timing CAD position. It was just the basics of timing. I was also asked a few tricky transistor related questions. General Spice, Primetime and Nanotime questions as well.

Interview Question – Transistor pseudo logic questions. I wont say it is difficult. I just wasnt used to it.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Ok... need to push.

Senior Software Development Engineer Interview

Senior Software Development Engineer
Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at AMD in October 2013.

Interview Details – There was one round phone interview before I got onsite interview invitation. In total, there were 6 rounds interview on campus, including last interview with the hiring manager and lunch interview. They are very friendly and professional.

Interview Question – All question are usual.   Answer Question

Hotline Technical Support Agent Interview

Hotline Technical Support Agent
Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through other source - interviewed at AMD in October 2012.

Interview Details – Multiple questions about circuit design, computer system architecture, interpersonal communication skills and team work skills

Interview Question – Is central server with multiple displays better than multiple personal computers   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was sutisfied with offer

Member of Technical Staff Interview

Member of Technical Staff
Sunnyvale, CA

I interviewed at AMD in August 2010.

Interview Details – The resume was forwarded by an internal contact. So, the interview setup/scheduling was relatively quick over email.
3 rounds of interview: two with the team members and one with the director.

The interview with ~7 team members was mainly technical. Question on:
Digital design principles: setup/hold times and ways to address setup/hold time issues, state machines, finding issues with digital circuits, other logic design questions
C: handling different endianness, embedded C code optimization issues
System Verilog questions
Logical puzzles

After the first two rounds the hiring manager indicated that the feedback was good and he would like me to come in to meet the director.

It took about 2 weeks from that point to receive an offer

Interview Question – Nothing was really difficult but some of the questions on System Verilog were very specialized /infrequntly used cases.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at AMD in December 2012.

Interview Details – referred by employee, directly went onsite, met a couple of software and hardware engineers. asked questions like: reverse a linked list, etc . no tricky questions. people were very nice there. it took a couple of days to hear back from them. and went through some negotiation about options and base. overall good experience.

Interview Question – why I changed jobs so frequently?   Answer Question

Logistics Director Interview

Logistics Director
Sunnyvale, CA

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at AMD.

Interview Details – Very poor quality, late for the interview, anal questions, rude.
Obpverll bad experience

Interview Question – How many windows are there in the world?   View Answer

Release and Verification Engineer Interview

Release and Verification Engineer
Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at AMD in April 2010.

Interview Details – One phone followed by a on-site interview. Required to write Perl code on the board.

Interview Question – Easy interview.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at AMD in March 2011.

Interview Details – Phone and in person

Interview Question – Is the applied aocv margin higher in short path compared to a very long path?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Easy and straight forward

Design Engineer II Interview

Design Engineer II
Sunnyvale, CA

I applied online - interviewed at AMD in May 2012.

Interview Details – Learn the Basics. Rest will go on smoothly.

Interview Question – Questions on CMOS capacitance.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The compensation was decent. Did not negotiate

Design Verification Engineer Interview

Design Verification Engineer
Sunnyvale, CA

The process took 1 week - interviewed at AMD in April 2012.

Interview Details – Phone interview was pretty basic questions about comp arch, object oriented concepts.
Onsite interview consisted of 6 rounds technical + 1 HR interview. Questions were mainly comp arch, cache coherency, pipelining techniques. A few questions on verilog, system verilog, perl, assembly language.

Interview Question – How would you verify a write-back 4-way set associative cache using assembly language programming.   View Answer

Worked for AMD? Contribute to the Community!