AMD Interview Questions in Sunnyvale, CA

Updated Aug 10, 2015

3.2

Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AMD (Sunnyvale, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Had a total of 6 rounds. Every interviewer was good and friendly. First, Manager tells you about the team and work there. Then I was interviewed by 5 other members of the team.

Interview Questions

• 1. Programming questions like Fibonacci series. 2. Some questions related to Perl Programming. 3. Some questions on state machine design. 4. Synthesizable and non synthesizable constructs in Verilog. 5. Be thorough with the stuff on the resume.   Answer Question

Senior Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at AMD (Sunnyvale, CA).

Interview

Standard interview questions for programming job. One debugging question. One recursion question. One problem with using gates (come up with some logic). About 6 people. 1 person takes you for lunch at the cafeteria. Hiring process was overall ok. I got proper phone and/or email updates during the process. overall experience was ok. Interviewers were sort of "normal" in the sense that they weren't intimidating nor ultra friendly - just had a normal interviewer poker face.

Interview Questions

• There wasn't anything extremely difficult of unexpected or out of ordinary.   Answer Question

Negotiation

they check your last company (at least, if not all) salary, so don't lie.

Senior Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AMD (Sunnyvale, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

There was one round phone interview before I got onsite interview invitation. In total, there were 6 rounds interview on campus, including last interview with the hiring manager and lunch interview. They are very friendly and professional.

Co-Op Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at AMD (Sunnyvale, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

Was asked to describe previous projects that I had worked on and the difficulties that arose and how I overcame them Asked a couple of technical questions about hardware and software Proposed project direction was described to me Process was repeated with a second member of the technical staff Offer was extended after two rounds of phone interviews

Interview Questions

• What is your relevant technical experience in this area?   Answer Question

Logistics Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at AMD (Sunnyvale, CA).

Interview

Very poor quality, late for the interview, anal questions, rude. Obpverll bad experience

Interview Questions

• How many windows are there in the world?   1 Answer

Design Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AMD (Sunnyvale, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

2 phone screen and one on site, the phone screen is about fundamental of language and computer architecture, and on site takes a whole day and takes 5-6 rounds. The question is not that difficult

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at AMD (Sunnyvale, CA) in December 2012.

Interview

referred by employee, directly went onsite, met a couple of software and hardware engineers. asked questions like: reverse a linked list, etc . no tricky questions. people were very nice there. it took a couple of days to hear back from them. and went through some negotiation about options and base. overall good experience.

Hotline Technical Support Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at AMD (Sunnyvale, CA) in October 2012.

Interview

Multiple questions about circuit design, computer system architecture, interpersonal communication skills and team work skills

Interview Questions

• Is central server with multiple displays better than multiple personal computers   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was sutisfied with offer

Design Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AMD (Sunnyvale, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

Learn the Basics. Rest will go on smoothly.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The compensation was decent. Did not negotiate

Design Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at AMD (Sunnyvale, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

Phone interview was pretty basic questions about comp arch, object oriented concepts. Onsite interview consisted of 6 rounds technical + 1 HR interview. Questions were mainly comp arch, cache coherency, pipelining techniques. A few questions on verilog, system verilog, perl, assembly language.

Interview Questions

• How would you verify a write-back 4-way set associative cache using assembly language programming.   1 Answer