AMD Interview Questions in Sunnyvale, CA

Updated Jun 3, 2015

3.3

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at AMD (Sunnyvale, CA) in August 2011.

Interview

two phone screening interviews followed by of 8 1:1 on-site interview (day long).

Interview Questions

• General questions about resume and a few comp arch questions   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at AMD (Sunnyvale, CA) in August 2011.

Interview

Asked about the CUDA hardware, GPGPU. Scenarious where I could get a segmentation fault, with no error in the code during compilation, what could be the reason. There is enough space, and space is not the issue.

Interview Questions

• Warps in GPGPU, role of registers in GPU hardware   1 Answer
    • Analyse a situation where you get a segmentation fault and whats the reason   Answer Question

Senior Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at AMD (Sunnyvale, CA) in June 2011.

Interview

Typical interview.. The interviewers ask only the question they know the answer to.

CAD Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at AMD (Sunnyvale, CA) in April 2011.

Interview

6 rounds of interview. I was applying for a Timing CAD position. It was just the basics of timing. I was also asked a few tricky transistor related questions. General Spice, Primetime and Nanotime questions as well.

Interview Questions

• Transistor pseudo logic questions. I wont say it is difficult. I just wasnt used to it.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Ok... need to push.

Software Engineer Co Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at AMD (Sunnyvale, CA) in March 2011.

Interview

I was interviewed for a software position for summer internship. Got three phone interviews. First one was with the manager and he gave a brief description about the position and the work and some behavioral questions. After a couple of days, I got an email from him that I passed his screening and he asked me to schedule interviews with two other team members.
    The interviews with the team members were purely technical. I was asked to code in a shared document. They tested on bitwise manipulations and assembly language. Though I didnt know exact mnemonics, but the interviewer said he will look at the logic and not the instructions.
    The interviews were not very difficult, easy enough if you know some details of C and computer architecture. I didn't have any onsite interview perhaps because it was an intern position thats why.

Interview Questions

• There was a question about bit manipulations in C, do not remember exactly.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at AMD (Sunnyvale, CA) in March 2011.

Interview

Phone and in person

Interview Questions

• Is the applied aocv margin higher in short path compared to a very long path?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Easy and straight forward

Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at AMD (Sunnyvale, CA) in August 2010.

Interview

Interviewer asked very detailed knowledge and looked for specific keyword in the answer.

Interview Questions

• What is the mechanism that works between the driver and sequencer?   1 Answer

Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

interviewed at AMD (Sunnyvale, CA) in August 2010.

Interview

The resume was forwarded by an internal contact. So, the interview setup/scheduling was relatively quick over email.
    3 rounds of interview: two with the team members and one with the director.

The interview with ~7 team members was mainly technical. Question on:
    Digital design principles: setup/hold times and ways to address setup/hold time issues, state machines, finding issues with digital circuits, other logic design questions
    C: handling different endianness, embedded C code optimization issues
    System Verilog questions
    Logical puzzles

After the first two rounds the hiring manager indicated that the feedback was good and he would like me to come in to meet the director.

It took about 2 weeks from that point to receive an offer

Interview Questions

• Nothing was really difficult but some of the questions on System Verilog were very specialized /infrequntly used cases.   Answer Question

Release and Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at AMD (Sunnyvale, CA) in April 2010.

Interview

One phone followed by a on-site interview. Required to write Perl code on the board.

Engineering Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at AMD (Sunnyvale, CA) in March 2009.

Interview

Described working experiences, technical capabilities and project management techniques. Former projects were also discussed and asked by the panel during the personal up front interview. Went to the drawing board to describe the processes, quality control practices that were done by the previous experiences. Asked personal questions regarding plans, rooms to growth and etc.

Interview Questions

• Can you handle such responsibilities even sacrificing time for the sake of work?   Answer Question