AMD

Updated Dec 7, 2014

64 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

SMTS Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at AMD.

I worked there previously. I was referred by a manager. People checked with their peers who'd worked with me before and then interviewed me over the phone. I was re-hired without an onsite interview.

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at AMD.

After a brief phone screen, you move on to the on-site interview. These interviews are intense - generally 5 or 6 one hour interviews with engineers and managers of all levels. Very technical. Make sure to study up. If you get stuck, the interviewer will help spur you on - they want to know how you reason through a problem if you don't already know the answer.

Interview Questions
    • "Have you ever looked at how a real processor is designed?" (in response to a description of my graduate design project. Out of the 5 or 6 interviews, at most one will try to push your buttons, and maybe none. But be ready to handle yourself in case it happens.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at AMD.

Submitted resume through university contact. They got back to me immediately and a phone interview was scheduled in one week. All communication was through e-mail. The interview was strictly a skill test focused on just the basic questions on posted requirements.

IT Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at AMD in April 2014.

Phone interview with recruiter went great - or so I thought. We spoke for 45 minutes and he said I would hear something in 24-48 hours about next steps. The recruiter asked me questions that were indicative of being interested in moving forward. After a week of not hearing anything, I contacted him. He said he'd follow up and again, never heard back. I would've appreciated a "thanks but no thanks" instead of letting me wonder what happened!

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult, just caught off guard that I was asked the following questions in a phone screen: How many square feet is your house? How many bedrooms, bathrooms, etc. What's your current salary? What salary are you expecting? How much is your bonus? How many people would be moving with you? How many other companies are you currently interviewing with?   View Answer

Senior Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at AMD.

The recruiter was an outside contractor. All my interactions were professional and friendly. I was brought in for a second round of interviews to meet the Sr. Director and Director, which helped to increase my interest in the company overall. At the time, AMD was benefitting from a new product that was competitive to (exceeded in many ways) Intel's offering. AMD had also just landed a big customer that I worked for. Although, I found and applied for the position on my own online, AMD was very careful to ensure they were not poaching. Given this, my process took a bit longer. It was difficult to get an offer because AMD needed me to write a letter that showed my interest in them and my managers acknowledge (which I was not comfortable with) before they'd make me an offer. We eventually worked out the details and I was made an offer.

Interview Questions
    • I don't remember. The interview process was very standard and not tricky or difficult. Possibly due to my level and the uniqueness of the role.   Answer Question
    It was an aggressive offer - 30% pay increase from where I was. However, the base was intended to compensate me for my salary and bonus at my current position.

Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at AMD in November 2013.

Got a call through employee referral.

Co-Op Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at AMD in November 2013.

Four phone interviews, with basic engineering questions about software development/electrical engineering.

Interview Questions
    I didn't negotiate just accepted.

Processor Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at AMD in September 2013.

I got email for phone interview.
    In the interview they told me about the project and then there were some technical questions.
    Questions were basic and were expected.
    1. Difference between cache consistency and cache coherency
    2. What is setup and hold time
    3. What is Virtual functions
    4. What is generic programming
    5. What is difference between virtual functions and generic programming
    6. Questions about how simulators work
    7. A question which was on calculating FIFO buffer length

I got better offer from other company

Entry Level Hardware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at AMD in August 2013.

I applied the job via company website and got the chance to be phone interviewed the same day I applied...... I was in a vacation at that time!!!! Anyway, we set up a time and did an hour interview four days later.... The questions covers all the stuffs from hardware to software. They are not difficult individually, however, it requires you know every aspect of the computer. My answers to those questions are ..... not bad, according to the recruiter. But I do fail some of them. Finally, I cannot get the chance to do a onsite interview. I lose a good opportunity!!!!

Interview Questions
    • The process of changing page when there is a page fault. Very detail!   Answer Question

Co-Op Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at AMD in August 2013.

Connected through linkedIn and they were exactly looking for my kind of experience in computer architecture and programming. I had a telephonic conversation and a meeting after that with only questions if I was interested in the position. Nothing technical as such just got to know about my skill set.