AMEC Foster Wheeler

Updated Nov 29, 2014

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at AMEC Foster Wheeler.

Submitted resume and got a call back months later. Did a quick, unscheduled phone interview, then came in for a panel interview soon after. Got an informal offer by phone the same day, a formal offer letter several days later, and began work in less than a month.

Interview Questions
    • Basic questions about specific experience. Nothing unexpected.   Answer Question
    Na

Environmental Scientist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at AMEC Foster Wheeler in August 2014.

Initial phone interview to gauge interest in the company. Follow-up in-person interview in the office. Met with 7 different staff members, some junior and some senior level. Lunch break with one of the senior staff members. Everyone was very helpful and genuinely interested in my background.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions, mostly just asking about background and interest in the industry.   Answer Question

Technical Professional III Interview

One in person interview with 3 Senior Managers

Interview Questions
    Negotiation is possible but not very impressive

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at AMEC Foster Wheeler in March 2014.

I talked with 3 senior managers and 3 peer employees. The interview went for almost 4 hours. Very relax, no hard questions. Mostly only introducing each project and asking general questions about my resume.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Position not advertised. The company called me from my reputation and projects I had worked on.

Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AMEC Foster Wheeler.

They contacted me for the interview and made things happen fast. When they find a good candidate they act fast. Had a offer in writing in less then a week.

Interview Questions
    • There was no difficult questions for me, everything went very smooth.   Answer Question

Project Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at AMEC Foster Wheeler.

2 interviews with the department Principal and PM. Basic questions about experience and professional goals. More focus on if I was a good fit for the organization. It's been many years since the interview. I don't remember specifics.

Interview Questions
    Very easy. 10 minutes with the HR director. Little room for negotiation, but their initial offer exceeded my wants..

Project Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AMEC Foster Wheeler.

Visit office, interview with senior staff members, discuss salary requirements

Interview Questions
    • WHat did you not like about your previous employer; what is your required salary   Answer Question
    Offer letter issued; requested revisions by applicant; minor revisions with minimal adjustment to salary offer.

Project Administrator Interview

I applied online – interviewed at AMEC Foster Wheeler.

Received call from recruiter, scheduled interview for following week. I went into interview and it was very informal-just reviewed my prior work history and then the interviewer went over job description.

GIS Specialist Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at AMEC Foster Wheeler in January 2013.

Recruiter from Alan and York in Dubai called me, saying they'd seen my cv on gulftalent.com. Interview was over the phone with him then with AMEC a week or so later. He seemed professional and open. The AMEC interviewer was very personable and asked no difficult questions at all. Actually the recruiter prepared me poorly because I got the impression I was being hired for a different project so spent a lot of time preparing for that. Didn't matter in the end.

Interview Questions
    • Honestly there were no particularly difficult or unexpected questions, it was very easy although I had prepared well by practicing in front of a video camera.   Answer Question
    The recruiter told me the range of salary I'd be offered. They offered the lowest of the range. Surprising given how well I did in the interview. I requested more and the recruiter lied saying 2 other people were being considered. I know it was a lie as I found the folder with interviewee ratings at work. There was only one other and he was recommended for another project. The offer generally was fairly good though so I was prepared to accept but they ended up increasing it by $10000